2016 Pilot, HR-V release signals a record roll-out streak for American Honda Motors - Honda HR-V Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

post #1 of 11 Old 04-27-2015, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 806 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation HR-V release signals a record roll-out streak for American Honda Motors

http://www.torquenews.com/1574/2016-...n-honda-motors

As we head out the door for Cincinnati, Ohio, eager to drive and review the next generation Honda Pilot, it occurs to us that we’re within 3 or 4 days of Honda’s specification and price announcement of what we and others in the automotive press believe to be Honda’s next big sales success; 2016 HR-V.
We can tell you this without breaching the walls of Honda’s press embargo. When released to the buying public sometime in mid May, 2016 Honda HR-V, CUV will be like no other sub-compact SUV or CUV on the market today. We’ve seen it, we’ve driven it, we like it!

Sharing platforms with Honda’s segment leader 2015 Fit, HR-V brings to the entry crossover market the interior utility and volume of Fit, while injecting more than just a bit of coupe-like styling; Civic derived power; and optional all-wheel-drive, something you won’t find optioned on Fit in North America.
Torque News has previewed 2016 HR-V at length, so won’t bore you here with greater detail until Thursday April 30. Be pre-warned, you’ll be pleasantly surprised and more than possibly delighted with Honda’s MSRP announcement. Astounding!
itowngirl and Col.TED like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-27-2015, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
This sounds very exciting for those of us actually looking to purchase!
itowngirl likes this.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-27-2015, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
This article was already posted here
Latest TorqueNews Article
Bicepeak likes this.

post #4 of 11 Old 04-27-2015, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I imagine between now and Thursday and especially there after this forum will be quite active so number of topics may be duplicated but all is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermochelys View Post
post #5 of 11 Old 04-27-2015, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Grain of salt...

In a February article, Torque News predicted a range of $20,000 to $28,500.

Then at the end of the month, the actual price range was given to them by Honda. Honda told them to keep their mouth shut about it until April 30th.

But, shortly afterwards, in a subsequent article Torque did reveal it was pretty close to their original above prediction.

I'm sticking with the $20,000 - $26,000 line everybody is giving us. Obviously, those who will be "pleasantly surprised" will be...ahem...those who thought the high end trim would be $28,500.

My only question is whether the destination charge is included in the $20,000-$26,000 quote.
HRV4ME likes this.

Last edited by Leon; 04-27-2015 at 05:21 PM.
post #6 of 11 Old 04-27-2015, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I think your price range is accurate of $20,000-$26,000. it may go slightly higher but there's no reason why I would expect this vehicle to be starting below $20,000 given what it is and given what it's competing against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Grain of salt...

In a February article, Torque News predicted a range of $20,000 to $28,500.

Then at the end of the month, the actual price range was given to them by Honda. Honda told them to keep their mouth shut about it until April 30th.

But, shortly afterwards, in a subsequent article Torque did reveal it was pretty close to their original above prediction.

I'm sticking with the $20,000 - $26,000 line everybody is giving us. Obviously, those who will be "pleasantly surprised" will be...ahem...those who thought the high end trim would be $28,500.

My only question is whether the destination charge is included in the $20,000-$26,000 quote.
post #7 of 11 Old 04-27-2015, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermochelys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRV4ME View Post
I imagine between now and Thursday and especially there after this forum will be quite active so number of topics may be duplicated but all is good.
Please reconsider........It is going to get even more difficult to follow the conversation when the flood of reviews comes out. If you are afraid someone will "miss it", simply post to the existing thread with your helpful comments and it will be pushed to the top of the list.

Thanks for your valuable contributions.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-27-2015, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yes we can all tell the excitement is in the air and going to only build this week. Some of us may be only days away from finally driving this vehicle.

Thanks so much for all your comments and for visiting the forum.
post #9 of 11 Old 04-27-2015, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRV4ME View Post
Some of us may be only days away from finally driving this vehicle.
Now, if THAT were to come true, it would definitely be pleasantly surprising to astounding!
HRV4ME likes this.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-27-2015, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The way all of this is going, who knows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Now, if THAT were to come true, it would definitely be pleasantly surprising to astounding!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page