User Tag List

13Likes

post #1 of 18 Old 05-01-2015, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Newcomer questions...

Hi Everyone! I've combed your message boards for the past couple weeks and finally joined! I'm grateful for all of the information you've all provided so far. I'm left with a few questions that are left unanswered for the most part.

1. At 6'4", do you predict I'll have adequate headroom in an EX? I saw that you lose 1.9" with the moonroof. That has been quite significant in previous Japanese cars I've driven and less of an issue in German cars. I drive a 2010 Golf TDI now and the moonroof isn't an issue. There are some features on the EX that I really like, but I never use a moonroof and wish it was optional on the EX.

2. Is the cloth interior quality/finish identical in the LX and EX trims? I'm guessing it is.

3. Does anyone have any images of the LX dash? I've yet to see one except perhaps on some Australian site some time ago. I'm curious about which knobs are present and how it differs in other ways. I know the screen is only 5". I am a bit concerned about sound quality as others have mentioned since I have a nice HD stereo in my current vehicle. I'm not sure it's HD that makes the difference, but the sound is crisp and enjoyable at low volume which is my preference.

I'm leaning toward an EX-AWD in white with the gray interior. I have never owned an AWD or 4WD vehicle before, but for resale purposes, Denver drivers are convinced they need it if the car came with it as an option. (I've never needed AWD and have lived here for 30+ years).

Thanks for your input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 05-02-2015, 03:23 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denverdavo View Post
Hi Everyone! I've combed your message boards for the past couple weeks and finally joined! I'm grateful for all of the information you've all provided so far. I'm left with a few questions that are left unanswered for the most part.

1. At 6'4", do you predict I'll have adequate headroom in an EX? I saw that you lose 1.9" with the moonroof. That has been quite significant in previous Japanese cars I've driven and less of an issue in German cars. I drive a 2010 Golf TDI now and the moonroof isn't an issue. There are some features on the EX that I really like, but I never use a moonroof and wish it was optional on the EX.

2. Is the cloth interior quality/finish identical in the LX and EX trims? I'm guessing it is.

3. Does anyone have any images of the LX dash? I've yet to see one except perhaps on some Australian site some time ago. I'm curious about which knobs are present and how it differs in other ways. I know the screen is only 5". I am a bit concerned about sound quality as others have mentioned since I have a nice HD stereo in my current vehicle. I'm not sure it's HD that makes the difference, but the sound is crisp and enjoyable at low volume which is my preference.

I'm leaning toward an EX-AWD in white with the gray interior. I have never owned an AWD or 4WD vehicle before, but for resale purposes, Denver drivers are convinced they need it if the car came with it as an option. (I've never needed AWD and have lived here for 30+ years).

Thanks for your input!
It will be hard to answer your questions until someone has actually sat in an LX. They are pretty scarce out there right now.
I will report if I get to, but others may be able to help you sooner.
post #3 of 18 Old 05-02-2015, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 806 Post(s)
1. I'm 6'1" and had plenty of headroom with the sunroof.

2. As always, EX cloth seat quality is superior to the lower level LX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denverdavo View Post

Thanks for your input!

post #4 of 18 Old 05-02-2015, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I am 6'4" and it was perfect. Have plenty head room left
HRV4ME likes this.
post #5 of 18 Old 05-02-2015, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRV4ME View Post

I did not know that. My enthusiasm for this car is really beginning to lessen. I will not like it if the LX fabric is cheap and thin.

Hopefully I will see an LX soon.
post #6 of 18 Old 05-02-2015, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Do we know the LX has different (presumably inferior) fabric? HRV4ME, did you find that somewhere, or are you extrapolating from other Honda models? Can one of the Honda sales folks find out?

In Canada the LX gets some EX-level features, like the 7-inch screen. Don't know if the fabric will be any different.

Don't lose hope, Bice...
post #7 of 18 Old 05-04-2015, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Quote:
1. I'm 6'1" and had plenty of headroom with the sunroof.

Where are you getting that the seat cloth quality in the LX is inferior? I hadn't heard that before.
post #8 of 18 Old 05-04-2015, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 806 Post(s)
Not inferior, just different. That was according to one of the representatives at a recent auto show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werechull View Post
Where are you getting that the seat cloth quality in the LX is inferior? I hadn't heard that before.
post #9 of 18 Old 05-04-2015, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Quote:
Not inferior, just different. That was according to one of the representatives at a recent auto show.
We haven't see anything officially stated by Honda Corporate that the seat fabric is any different in the LX vs. EX. You would think there would be two cloth options shown on the HR-V website if there were. The rep. may have thought that there would be a difference because the Fit does have different cloth seats for the LX and EX, but I'm willing to bet that the HR-V will just have the 1 type of cloth seat for both LX and EX.
post #10 of 18 Old 05-06-2015, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Quote:
Your own words: "EX cloth seat quality is superior to the lower level LX"

Per the transitive property of inequalities, that's the same thing as saying "LX cloth seat quality is inferior to higher level EX".
Bicepeak, idearat and mwd like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page