User Tag List

2Likes

post #1 of 21 Old 05-11-2015, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Costco Program up and running

You can see the invoice price there....the first time I have seen that.

I believe you have to go through the process to get their discount which includes visiting a participating dealer.

http://www.costcoauto.com/new_cars/r...modelyear=2016
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 05-11-2015, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Looks like invoice on the HR-V is $516 to $724 less than MSRP.

Also, I notice not all color choices are available on all trims for the HR-V. You can select a particular trim to see which colors are available for that choice.

For me, the Costco program will not be worth it, since they charge $500 over invoice plus the cost of a membership, bringing it over MSRP for the trim I want.
post #3 of 21 Old 05-11-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRV4ME View Post
Where did you see the Costco program is offering the Honda HRV $500 over Dealer Invoice?
You have previously advertised this info. I'm just going by what you said.

post #4 of 21 Old 05-11-2015, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Looks like invoice on the HR-V is $516 to $724 less than MSRP.

Also, I notice not all color choices are available on all trims for the HR-V. You can select a particular trim to see which colors are available for that choice.

For me, the Costco program will not be worth it, since they charge $500 over invoice plus the cost of a membership, bringing it over MSRP for the trim I want.
Leon,
You were expecting to pay invoice for the car? Where did you see that $500 over invoice? ( You won't know discount until you talk to salesman participating in the Costco program). Your price does not show up on the website.

Honda has set what colors you can get with which trim. Costco is just showing that. Actually, I was surprised you could get the specific model and color you wanted. I plugged in "Manual LX, black interior" and all four colors
came up.

I am already a Costco member, so that adds nothing to the cost. I don't see how it is possible to drive it back above MSRP.

I am going to follow through on this to check it's price benefits. I am not ready to buy and I just think the info would be helpful to others. It even looks like you can get a "clean" one by taking extras off the car ,if possible or they will look for a clean one for you. If it turns out not any better than you can get elsewhere, I will duly report here.

Last edited by Bicepeak; 05-11-2015 at 10:59 AM.
post #5 of 21 Old 05-11-2015, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
You have previously advertised this info. I'm just going by what you said.

Leon is right.....you did say you paid $500 over invoice suggesting that would be the same with the HR-V.

Last edited by Bicepeak; 05-11-2015 at 11:04 AM.
post #6 of 21 Old 05-11-2015, 10:57 AM

My apologies. I'm just doing the math is all. Yes, I am not a Costco shopper.

HRV4ME has said numerous times in this forum that it is typically $500 over invoice. I did not realize he was just estimating or what not, and that it varies.

So, seeing that membership is $55. Then $500 plus $55 would bring it over MSRP for some of the lower trims. That's all.

Disregard this if I did that wrong.
post #7 of 21 Old 05-11-2015, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
My apologies. I'm just doing the math is all. Yes, I am not a Costco shopper.

HRV4ME has said numerous times in this forum that it is typically $500 over invoice. I did not realize he was just estimating or what not, and that it varies.

So, seeing that membership is $55. Then $500 plus $55 would bring it over MSRP for some of the lower trims. That's all.

Disregard this if I did that wrong.
Leon,
I haven't checked all the trims but I did notice that there was actually a bigger gap between invoice and MSRP on an LX than an EX CVT. I thought that was strange, but there it was.
( All colors Honda offers were again available on the EX).

I will do more checking on the site later today. I think I am supposed to be contacted by a dealer later today in this program.

I am always a skeptic about these things, so I know where you are coming from.
post #8 of 21 Old 05-11-2015, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Also, remember that COSTCO isn't the only buyers club. If you're in AAA or you work for a large company (or used to), you're probably in a no-cost program. Also your insurer might offer a program. A lot of times people have these benefits and never even notice it, so they throw money into the wind for no good reason. I have access to something like 5 car buying programs, and it cost zilch.
post #9 of 21 Old 05-11-2015, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
I'm intrigued by these buyers programs. I've barely heard of them, and never known anyone that bought through one. Either they're just not common (or even available) in Canada, or I'm just oblivious... which is equally possible.

Any Canucks with experience?
post #10 of 21 Old 05-11-2015, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterct View Post
Also, remember that COSTCO isn't the only buyers club. If you're in AAA or you work for a large company (or used to), you're probably in a no-cost program. Also your insurer might offer a program. A lot of times people have these benefits and never even notice it, so they throw money into the wind for no good reason. I have access to something like 5 car buying programs, and it cost zilch.
Interesting...
I will have to search those. I will still compare what I can do on my own,of course.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page