User Tag List

92Likes

post #151 of 163 Old 01-10-2017, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Put a deposit down on a white EX this morning, and will be excited once we know when it will get here! My only concern with the car is where will I put my big purse when my family is in the car with me (which will be alot!)? I feel my life is pretty good right now if that's my only big concern this morning...

Ladies? what have you figured out? I am thinking of mounting a hook somewhere- either back of headrest or maybe a 3M hook hanging off center shifter console. I can't quite picture how that would work, so I am looking for advice from people who already own it. I know it sounds petty to men, but it is actually a real issue for women to be able to get to their purse easily and not to get it all dirty by putting it on the passenger floor mat. Going from the large storage in a Pilot to the small amount in the HR-V will be interesting!
Trunk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 163 Old 01-11-2017, 05:32 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Personally, I'd be embarrassed to even post a rant about something as obvious as the size, storage space, and interior design and material. The carpet, I can understand. They have huge paper floor mats at the dealer, but even then, what's the point of a better carpet? Throw some good floor mats on there and you'll never have to see or worry about the carpet again.
ddemetra likes this.

Formerly known as 1SlowHRV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #153 of 163 Old 01-11-2017, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalkon30 View Post
Having driven both a Forte and a Sportage as rentals, I'm so much happier in my HRV. Those Kia's are more sporty, but the seat comfort and cheapness of the interior materials was really disappointing when I drove them.

So it's funny, your complaints are exactly opposite of mine But I agree with above, that's why you test drive before you buy...or better yet, rent one for a day or two and you'll know if you truly love the car or not.
Last night I picked up a brand new Kia Sportage with 4 miles on it from DFW Avis for a work trip, and have driven it for a few hours now. The 2017 is nicer than the last gen that I had driven, and I'll give you that the storage space/interior usage is superior in the Kia. The headrests are a little more comfortable too.

I still don't think the interior looks as nice (or premium), and the seat comfort overall is lacking in support, it already felt like the padding is worn out.

I miss a lot of other features from my Honda (lane watch, touch screen interface, etc), but those weren't complaints of yours so I won't fight you over them

2016 HR-V EX 6MT - Purchased 4/14/16.

Behold: The Ninja Turtle
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #154 of 163 Old 01-11-2017, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Forgive me for not reading through the entire 15 pages of this topic. ( I am new here).
My take on this is this:
My Volkswagen golf sportwagen had a slide out bin under the driver seat ( this is where the gun nuts kept their handguns). Good storage space under the center armrest. The armrest pivoted up. slid forward /lock in position for comfort. Had a sunglass holder in the roof /headliner. All doors had plenty storage for umbrella, waterbottles and so on.
After I removed all the stuff from the VW ( including stuff from the trunk -spare tire area- was deep) and all was in boxes, ready to transfer to HR-V. I ran out of room on the HR-V.
This included jumper cable, mini air compressor/roadside kit., tire plug kit, first aid box, flashlight, few simple hand tools -screw driver, adjustable wrench, pair of pliers to pull nails out of tire if needed. Umbrellas (2), rain poncho... and so on...
Being an ex mechanic, I want to be able to rebuild the car on the side of the road if I need to. (kidding)
In the end, I had lots of stuff in the box I ended up not transferring to the HR-V because of lack of space.
This is a good thing, most of the stuff I never used.
But if I fall off the bandwagon and go back to bringing the kitchen sink with me, the rear seats have plenty storage under it.
Point being-
The HR-V forced me to reduce being a packrat and be a better man
sweptwing80 and Phalkon30 like this.

2017 HR-V, EX, 6 speed m.t.
post #155 of 163 Old 01-11-2017, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Forgive me for not reading through the entire 15 pages of this topic. ( I am new here).
My take on this is this:
My Volkswagen golf sportwagen had a slide out bin under the driver seat ( this is where the gun nuts kept their handguns). Good storage space under the center armrest. The armrest pivoted up. slid forward /lock in position for comfort. Had a sunglass holder in the roof /headliner. All doors had plenty storage for umbrella, waterbottles and so on.
After I removed all the stuff from the VW ( including stuff from the trunk -spare tire area- was deep) and all was in boxes, ready to transfer to HR-V. I ran out of room on the HR-V.
This included jumper cable, mini air compressor/roadside kit., tire plug kit, first aid box, flashlight, few simple hand tools -screw driver, adjustable wrench, pair of pliers to pull nails out of tire if needed. Umbrellas (2), rain poncho... and so on...
Being an ex mechanic, I want to be able to rebuild the car on the side of the road if I need to. (kidding)
In the end, I had lots of stuff in the box I ended up not transferring to the HR-V because of lack of space.
This is a good thing, most of the stuff I never used.
But if I fall off the bandwagon and go back to bringing the kitchen sink with me, the rear seats have plenty storage under it.
Point being-
The HR-V forced me to reduce being a packrat and be a better man
I know your stuff won't be in the same places, but all of your things can fit in the trunk.
Charley likes this.
post #156 of 163 Old 01-11-2017, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
The HRV will bring out the minimalist in all of us!
Charley likes this.
post #157 of 163 Old 01-11-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHRV View Post
I know your stuff won't be in the same places, but all of your things can fit in the trunk.
True, but my dog, bicycle, and work related items also need to use the trunk. I can not have a box full of stuff, in the trunk.
I filled the spare tire area with the jumper cables, and other junk I felt need to have. All the other gadgets are in a small box under the rear seats.
It is one nice thing (thank you honda), that the HR-V being a "tall car", it affords to have the rear seats higher up and having empty space under the rear seat. It makes up for lack of storage elsewhere.
That rear "magic seat", (I call it jump seats), is surely nice and provides universal configurations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweptwing80 View Post
The HRV will bring out the minimalist in all of us!
Well said!
BlueHRV likes this.

post #158 of 163 Old 01-11-2017, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Garage
Charley you're lucky having the room you do in the spare tire well too, on the AWD version there isn't nearly as much room around the spare tire as we have (at least from comparing pictures).

I did the same thing, my Fusion had so much crap in it that I couldn't transfer, then I realized that I bought a new car so I wouldn't have to have a second garage of tools with me at all times. I have safety gear, a multi-tool, beer koozies, and an emergency Frisbee in mine now

2016 HR-V EX 6MT - Purchased 4/14/16.

Behold: The Ninja Turtle

post #159 of 163 Old 01-11-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalkon30 View Post
an emergency Frisbee in mine now
I am dying to know what is an "emergency Frisbee"?

post #160 of 163 Old 01-11-2017, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
I am dying to know what is an "emergency Frisbee"?
Me too!
Phalkon, do you play any frisbee golf??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page