Torque News: 2017 HR-V crossover drives American Honda to November record sales - Honda HR-V Forum
User Tag List

7Likes
  • 1 Post By ddemetra
  • 1 Post By Snow Leopard
  • 3 Post By Phalkon30
  • 2 Post By BlueHRV

post #1 of 4 Old 12-01-2016, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Torque News: 2017 HR-V crossover drives American Honda to November record sales

http://www.torquenews.com/1574/2017-...r-record-sales

By Parks McCants G+ 2016-12-01 16:01
2017 HR-V crossover drives American Honda to November record sales

While there’s a bit more to the story than HR-V, the Fit platformed subcompact crossover recorded a sales gain of 132% month over month (8,141 units sold) up 96.1% for the year. Honda’s subcompact crossover offering is on fire.

Although much of the auto industry reports lackluster sales of late, Thursday morning found Honda Division reporting a 7.9% sales uptick for the month of November, so much for negative presidential election market retreat. Astoundingly, 2017 HR-V, Honda’s Fit subcompact world platform manufactured Ute, is experiencing a market resurgence; as consumers look to Honda’s coupe-like 5 door hatchback for a greater utility and ownership satisfaction return on their dollar. I compare Honda HR-V to Mazda CX-3 here.
Accord, Civic, Fit and HR-V

Looking to November retail sales numbers: Accord and Civic continue to buck the SUV trend, with Fit and HR-V picking up momentum in a segment that was largely left in the dust by low interest rates and cheap, plentiful gasoline. Apparently, not all new car buyers look to purchase a midsize SUV, although Honda Pilot and Acura MDX continue to sell well in that segment. What I believe is happening here is that Honda’s transition of Fit production to Japan resulted in greater dealership availability of the very cool, and fun to drive HR-V - resulting in greater sales volume -- HR-V is a good purchase value.
When we look to the total package that is HR-V, an available all-wheel-drive option, and a very attractive MSRP, HR-V comes out on top as consumers go long on ecological and financial consideration. Read my latest Honda HR-V drive review here.
A comment from American Honda’s Mr. Jeff Conrad
"Considering the continued consumer appetite for trucks and SUVs, we're excited to see Honda cars resonate so well with our customers," said Jeff Conrad, senior vice president and general manager of the Honda Division. "This is especially gratifying considering the strength of our light truck lineup, as we continue to hit on all cylinders with individual retail buyers.
BlueHRV likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-25-2016, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thanks for posting ddemetra - good to see such a positive article about the HRV!
Phalkon30 likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-27-2016, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Garage
My wife's family exclusively drives F-350's and excursions (diesel)

They were so impressed with the mileage I get in my HRV, and how big it is inside that they were considering leaving their big haulers at the cabin and buying an HRV for commuting to the cabin

Everyone I show this car to is amazed by it, and that they haven't seen it advertised or see any on the road. Huge missed opportunity for Honda in my opinion, this thing could be killing the Civic market with its ride height and storage capability.
ddemetra, sweptwing80 and BlueHRV like this.

2016 HR-V EX 6MT - Purchased 4/14/16.

Behold: The Ninja Turtle

post #4 of 4 Old 12-27-2016, 01:14 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalkon30 View Post
My wife's family exclusively drives F-350's and excursions (diesel)

They were so impressed with the mileage I get in my HRV, and how big it is inside that they were considering leaving their big haulers at the cabin and buying an HRV for commuting to the cabin

Everyone I show this car to is amazed by it, and that they haven't seen it advertised or see any on the road. Huge missed opportunity for Honda in my opinion, this thing could be killing the Civic market with its ride height and storage capability.
I feel the same and share the same experience!
As for ads, I think that there is no need for Honda to spend on more since it already is doing so well. Also, I enjoyed when we were the very few HRV owners since day one. Now, I see them almost everyday... and for a reason!
ddemetra and sweptwing80 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page