What are folks actually paying for HR-V? - Page 3 - Honda HR-V Forum
User Tag List

65Likes

post #21 of 388 Old 05-18-2015, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Invoice is about $600 under MSRP. According to truecar. I should aiming for $50 under the MSRP. It's probably too early to get a price trend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 388 Old 05-18-2015, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einz View Post
Invoice is about $600 under MSRP. According to truecar. I should aiming for $50 under the MSRP. It's probably too early to get a price trend.
It is a bit early, but don't hang your hat on Truecar estimates. Or if you do, make sure you focus on the far left of the bell curve!
post #23 of 388 Old 05-18-2015, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
I paid MSRP here in Ohio. I spoke with several dealers and none were dealing below it. I did however feel that I got a good price on my trade in (after a little back and forth), so that took the sting out a little. Seeing the amount of traffic at the dealerships for the HR-V for myself, I'm not at all surprised that they are not willing to deal. It was amazing the amount of people test driving them just while I was there.
mikeylike, HRV4ME and KimK like this.

Last edited by itowngirl; 05-18-2015 at 04:33 PM.
post #24 of 388 Old 05-18-2015, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itowngirl View Post
I paid MSRP here in Ohio. I spoke with several dealers and none were dealing below it. I did however feel that I got a good price on my trade in (after a little back and forth), so that took the sting out a little. Seeing the amount of traffic at the dealerships for the HR-V for myself, I'm not at all surprised that they are not willing to deal. It was amazing the amount of people test driving them just while I was there.
I saw the same trend at my dealer in the Chicago area. They got 10 in on Friday and when I stopped after work they were down to five, and three of those were being looked at/test driven.

Congrats on your purchase! My wife and I are still a couple months out before we will be looking to buy, so maybe by then I'll be able to deal a little bit.
HRV4ME and itowngirl like this.
post #25 of 388 Old 05-18-2015, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Portland Maine dealer has several ... MSRP + $599 Documentation Fee + $399 Theft Protection.

Theft Protection seems to be working, as no one appears to have "stolen" one at anywhere near invoice
idearat and HRV4ME like this.
post #26 of 388 Old 05-18-2015, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by randY49 View Post
I saw the same trend at my dealer in the Chicago area. They got 10 in on Friday and when I stopped after work they were down to five, and three of those were being looked at/test driven.

Congrats on your purchase! My wife and I are still a couple months out before we will be looking to buy, so maybe by then I'll be able to deal a little bit.
Randy49, I'm in Chicago, which dealer has them on the lot? I'd love to go see.
post #27 of 388 Old 05-18-2015, 11:25 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I contact 6-7 dealer over the past week, for quotes. No one is moving from MSRP, (simply because the car is selling fine as is). I steer clear of the $200 prep fees, or $500 high doc fee. To my luck I found a dealer with the color and trim I want, quoted me $490 under MSRP, almost at invoice for an AWD LX, (still asked a $230 doc fee) Can't really complain. Signed papers, picking her up tomo.
itowngirl likes this.
post #28 of 388 Old 05-19-2015, 12:07 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemanx View Post
Portland Maine dealer has several ... MSRP + $599 Documentation Fee + $399 Theft Protection.

Theft Protection seems to be working, as no one appears to have "stolen" one at anywhere near invoice
Theft protection? So the dealer pays you $399.00 to prevent you from feeling like you've been robbed? what an interesting concept!
post #29 of 388 Old 05-19-2015, 12:08 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
In Chicago--Grossinger on N. Western Ave has 5 or 6. Valley Honda in North Aurora had 6 on Saturday. Both were at MSRP. McGrath in St. Charles had several - $3000 above MSRP plus doc fee and dealer prep. Left that dealership and test drove one at Valley Honda.
post #30 of 388 Old 05-19-2015, 12:12 AM

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by a24music View Post
Randy49, I'm in Chicago, which dealer has them on the lot? I'd love to go see.
I went to Continental Honda in Countryside. Ask for Rich if you can, he was super helpful and extremely pleasant to work with.

We went Friday, so be sure to call before stopping by; no guarantee they still have any.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page