Honda HR-V Forum banner

What are folks actually paying for HR-V?

342K views 610 replies 293 participants last post by  Pgh Biker 
#1 ·
What I Paid for my HR-V

All,

I guess since we're close, its time to start a thread with postings of actual prices paid for HR-Vs.

I suggest this format:

Model/Price/Dealer

Please try to keep dealer addons out of the equation.

Happy Hunting!!!

#3 ·
Thanks, BP. That's what I was thinking. I don't care who I buy the car from. This is business. Nothing emotional about it. Service depts. are separate from sales and a profit/loss center so they will work with anyone who comes through the door.

EVERYTHING is negotiable. I've even gotten extended warranty at $100 over cost, which made it worth it.

The point is to find out which dealers are hungry for the business and want to drive up volume, since they get rebates from Honda based on that.

#7 ·
I have a deposit down on a FWD EX 6MT in Modern Steel, My dealer said with this brand new car there won't be any ability to negotiate on the price. So I'll be paying whatever the MSRP is from Honda, plus destination. However I hope to make up the difference by having them push up the cost of what they'give me on my trade in.

They said there is a dealership $80 doc's fee.

plus registration and all that state junk (I assume $300-400)

and WA sales tax 9.5% :-(

#12 ·
All,

I guess since we're close, its time to start a thread with postings of actual prices paid for HR-Vs.

I suggest this format:

Model/Price/Dealer

Please try to keep dealer addons out of the equation.

Happy Hunting!!!
I am searching for how to make a google spreadsheet available to everyone. It might be more helpful to collate the data in one spreadsheet (or wiki on this site) instead of having to rummage through tons of posts. Just a thought. And, we have time, I think someone posted that Honda won't announce pricing until mid-May in another post. At this point, I've got really good deals on an Outback and Forest from dealers in VT. Will decide tomorrow when Honda announces release date.

#23 · (Edited)
I paid MSRP here in Ohio. I spoke with several dealers and none were dealing below it. I did however feel that I got a good price on my trade in (after a little back and forth), so that took the sting out a little. Seeing the amount of traffic at the dealerships for the HR-V for myself, I'm not at all surprised that they are not willing to deal. It was amazing the amount of people test driving them just while I was there.

#24 ·
I saw the same trend at my dealer in the Chicago area. They got 10 in on Friday and when I stopped after work they were down to five, and three of those were being looked at/test driven.

Congrats on your purchase! My wife and I are still a couple months out before we will be looking to buy, so maybe by then I'll be able to deal a little bit.

#27 ·
I contact 6-7 dealer over the past week, for quotes. No one is moving from MSRP, (simply because the car is selling fine as is). I steer clear of the $200 prep fees, or $500 high doc fee. To my luck I found a dealer with the color and trim I want, quoted me $490 under MSRP, almost at invoice for an AWD LX, (still asked a $230 doc fee) Can't really complain. Signed papers, picking her up tomo.

#29 ·
In Chicago--Grossinger on N. Western Ave has 5 or 6. Valley Honda in North Aurora had 6 on Saturday. Both were at MSRP. McGrath in St. Charles had several - $3000 above MSRP plus doc fee and dealer prep. Left that dealership and test drove one at Valley Honda.

#33 ·
Bought one. $200 off sticker

I bought my Red HRV AWD EX last night - in central Maryland. Really looks sharp.

$200 below sticker. +$299 "dealer processing fee" which my dealer tacks onto every car. No add-ons (wheel locks, pin stripes, dealer prep, paint protection, etc.). +MD sales tax, tags and MVA fees.

I am happy with that. I feel getting a 2016 model so early in the cycle is worth paying sticker price. In 18 months, it will still be the current model year. If you get the last of the 2016's when the 2017's are out, you will be buying a car that has already depreciated. That's why they are cheaper then.

BTW, I like the EX. Nice clean look without the roof rails. Cloth seats are comfortable (and heated). Would have prefered the FWD for the extra 10% gas mileage, but coulded find a red one.

#41 · (Edited)
I would think it depends on each dealers situation on the 29th. Honestly, if I was still interested in the HR-V (can't since it won't tow), I would do exactly what we did last year when we purchased our 2015 Fit for my daughter. We walked in to the dealership that had the model we wanted (color was Passion Berry Pearl, my daughters favorite), wrote a check for MSRP, and drove it home that night.

First, it is getting harder and harder to find the exact color/trim level you want. Why settle for second choice? If it is there on the lot, buy it! Even more important however is the fact this early batch have transmissions and engines that were built in Japan (see the following link for my take on that):

http://www.hrvforum.com/forum/289-h...338-everyone-missing-something-important.html

This situation will not last forever. Get one of the current batch while you can. It will be no time before the window stickers will be saying engines and transmissions built in Mexico. Don't miss out! It is not worth a few hundred dollars in overall price, to "not" have those Japanese built engines and transmissions.

#48 ·
Not yet, my spouse ended up getting a crv he liked better - will be away for next week so I won't be able to negotiate till after I return. Good to know about autonation. I have been monitoring auto trader inventory lists and if they are correct, dealers seem to have the same 5 or 6 listed - this may not be a good index.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.