Honda HR-V Forum banner

New to Honda - rocky start

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Phalkon30 
#1 ·
Hello! I am a first time Honda owner. I buy for the vehicle, not the company making it. Having had a total knee replacement in February, getting in and out of my very low profile Hyundai Elantra was becoming problematic. All of my research into small CUVs pointed me toward the HR-V.

The "rocky start" was after making the purchase and showing up to receive my shiny new ride only to saunter up to a "we just drove it off the lot" car. No shine, dirt in cargo area, no tire wet etc. Deflated was I. Was told to bring it in the following Monday to have it properly prepped. 2 1/2 hours later that day it was ready. Looked much better. Thankfully it was a rainy day that Monday so I discovered that my right wiper was "skittering" across the windshield. Yikes! I mean I had always been under the impression that Hondas were well put together and reliable. Disappointing. That blade was replaced during the prepping.

I really enjoy the higher driving perspective re. my Elantra. The car is quiet and has an amazing ride quality poised right between a nice sedan and other SUVs. Smooth but tight! Likin' it. No complaints about the engine's get up and go as I believe in the definition of "limit". No trouble merging onto highways and passing. A bit of a "growl" to get up to speed, but others pay for exotic exhaust systems for that:laugh:

Have had the HR-V for a month and have polished it three times (Nu Finish). Treated all the exterior vinyl trim and tires with Armour All wipes. Nice finish. I always Rain-X the exterior windows with each polishing. My one tip so far...even with the new right wiper, I still had some "skittering". I took a small terry towel and sprayed Armour All Detailer on it then wiped the wiper blades. Puts just enough of a coating on the rubber blades that they glide nicely and Quietly!! over the windshield.

Almost forgot... Ocean Blue Pearl EX-L. Nice bonus? Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires. One of my favorites! Usually my new cars have come with crap tires. Not this time. Hallelujah!

PS We all are having trouble getting used to the heavy doors. Nice problem to have as it projects a sense of quality!

See less See more
#2 ·
Sucks that your pickup didn't go as smooth as it could have. I too had a problem of skittering blades (got mine in Dec 2016). At first I thought it was because of the cold winter air, but it persisted. After a month, got fed up with the skittering. In my case though, I just flipped the rubber around on the arms, and that got rid of the skittering!

Glad you're enjoying the HRV, cuz I sure am. Also, going in for my first service after the maintenance minder went off for the first time (about to hit 10,000 kms on the odo)!

#3 ·
When I replaced my wipers I went with a more expensive after market blade that is shaped to put down force. I don't remember the brand, it's a frame less beam style. I have no issues at speed anymore

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.