HondaLink - Next Generation goof up - Honda HR-V Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 13 Old 10-11-2014, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
HondaLink - Next Generation goof up

Honda is touting the HondaLink - Next Generation in select new vehicles. It just showed up in the new 2015 Fit. It was in the 2014 Civic select trim levels and so on. And we can probably expect this to be advertised in the new HRV if it ever makes it to market. However, a BIG downfall is that this Honda Link is only working and compatible with Apple IPhone 5 and higher. This leaves out a whole generation of Android users. Maybe Honda is not aware that Android sales have surpassed those of Apple. Honda also promised since over a year ago that the Android compatibility will be a month or so away, yet, still no real assurance of the Android app showing up. I suspect the tech-wise Android person will seriously look elsewhere or wait it out for the Android availability before purchasing. It appears HondaLink is a good thing to have but not much good if you can't use it. Come on Honda and cough up the real working Android usable app. If not include boldly in your advertising that you will not support Android.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-14-2014, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
I also thought this was a big mistake. I just hope they did their homework and are seeing the trend, which is a higher take rate on phones that run Android, they should at least cater to both iOS and Android systems. Your post is a good example of what this leads to, disappointed customers. Honda, I hope you're listening.
post #3 of 13 Old 10-15-2014, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
It does seem like a poor move to exclude so many people from using the system. Not only are android owners excluded, so too are people who are using iPhone 4s which are still a sizable amount of people. Not sure what their reasoning was behind the decision.
post #4 of 13 Old 10-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Red

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
How come Acura owners are able to pair Andorid phones with the system? From what I understand the systems are one and the same...
post #5 of 13 Old 10-15-2014, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
I'm starting to think that maybe they looked into what type of device their buyer demographic is likely to own and maybe the end result was a lot of iphone owners?
post #6 of 13 Old 10-16-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaguy View Post
I'm starting to think that maybe they looked into what type of device their buyer demographic is likely to own and maybe the end result was a lot of iphone owners?
this demographic information could help: http://www.marketingprofs.com/charts...by-demographic
post #7 of 13 Old 10-16-2014, 05:34 PM
Red

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Ok, again, why does the identical Acura system support Android and the Honda does not? I think we have a non issue here, or at least one of late availability and not ignorance...
post #8 of 13 Old 10-16-2014, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Maybe its one of those things where they roll it out on the luxury model first, but I just don't think that makes as much sense here. It seems like some type of brain teaser that I will be mulling over as I go to bed tonight. There must be a reason that makes sense.
post #9 of 13 Old 10-17-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Ok, again, why does the identical Acura system support Android and the Honda does not? I think we have a non issue here, or at least one of late availability and not ignorance...
that could be it
post #10 of 13 Old 10-18-2014, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
Maybe its one of those things where they roll it out on the luxury model first, but I just don't think that makes as much sense here. It seems like some type of brain teaser that I will be mulling over as I go to bed tonight. There must be a reason that makes sense.
I believe this to be a feature that should roll out in some high volume vehicle from honda or one which has good volume potential, much like this HRV. it's one of those features you want to have mass amounts of people on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page