User Tag List

5Likes

post #1 of 12 Old 12-25-2016, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
fog light with high beam

Hi! I did I search on this forum and can't find any answer to my question.

Any one have or know where to find the wiring diagram for the lighting. I would like to be able to open the oem fog with the hi beam . any one ever done this?
I order some led 6000k led bulb and 3000k ( yellow ) led for the fog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 12-26-2016, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Garage
It can be done using a 5 pin relay. The fog light circuit has to be cut, with the light side run to pin 30 & the vehicle side run to pin 87A. A wire from the battery positive, with a fuse, goes to pin 87. Splice into the high beam wire and run that to pin 85. Ground pin 86 and you're done. I don't have a diagram to tell what the wire colors are. But it's easy enough to figure out using a test light or volt meter.
Phalkon30 likes this.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you!
post #3 of 12 Old 12-27-2016, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodnerbear View Post
It can be done using a 5 pin relay. The fog light circuit has to be cut, with the light side run to pin 30 & the vehicle side run to pin 87A. A wire from the battery positive, with a fuse, goes to pin 87. Splice into the high beam wire and run that to pin 85. Ground pin 86 and you're done. I don't have a diagram to tell what the wire colors are. But it's easy enough to figure out using a test light or volt meter.
thanks! its very simple! I was on the impression the fog was negative switched.. thanks for you tips!

post #4 of 12 Old 12-28-2016, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Garage
You're welcome!

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you!
post #5 of 12 Old 01-02-2017, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
The way I did it in my Mazda3 (which works for pretty much any car with a fog light relay) is splice a wire into the "switched wire" from the steering column harness. The "switched wire" is the wire that becomes hot when the fog light switch is turned on. Run the new wire to the fog light relay. Unplug the relay from its socket and run your new wire to the outside low-voltage pin. Plug an add-a-circuit into whatever fuse slot that has a 10-amp fuse (or less) and is key-on-power. Run the wire from the add-a-circuit to the inside low-voltage pin. Run extension wires to the high-voltage pins, back to the original socket.

Upside to this method is that you can run the fog lights whenever you want...low beams, high beams, headlights off; doesn't matter. Downside is that it completely bypasses the body control module, so the fog light indicator might not work. I'm not sure how it is on the HR-V since I haven't tried it.

I did a pin-out test on the headlight switch and it appears that the purple wire (in the small harness that goes to the headlight switch) is the one that you'd want to tap into. Again, I haven't done it yet so I'm not sure if that is correct.

Keep it rubber-side-down!
'16 HR-V LX 6MT
post #6 of 12 Old 01-07-2017, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDown View Post
The way I did it in my Mazda3 (which works for pretty much any car with a fog light relay) is splice a wire into the "switched wire" from the steering column harness. The "switched wire" is the wire that becomes hot when the fog light switch is turned on. Run the new wire to the fog light relay. Unplug the relay from its socket and run your new wire to the outside low-voltage pin. Plug an add-a-circuit into whatever fuse slot that has a 10-amp fuse (or less) and is key-on-power. Run the wire from the add-a-circuit to the inside low-voltage pin. Run extension wires to the high-voltage pins, back to the original socket.

Upside to this method is that you can run the fog lights whenever you want...low beams, high beams, headlights off; doesn't matter. Downside is that it completely bypasses the body control module, so the fog light indicator might not work. I'm not sure how it is on the HR-V since I haven't tried it.

I did a pin-out test on the headlight switch and it appears that the purple wire (in the small harness that goes to the headlight switch) is the one that you'd want to tap into. Again, I haven't done it yet so I'm not sure if that is correct.
Its make sens but it's a little bit different.. the fog light switch wire is not hot like you said in our hrv its negative. And then go to the coil of the fog light relay.... ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	received_1231801033567708_1483794723624.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	21442  
post #7 of 12 Old 01-07-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaths View Post
Hi! I did I search on this forum and can't find any answer to my question.

Any one have or know where to find the wiring diagram for the lighting. I would like to be able to open the oem fog with the hi beam . any one ever done this?
I order some led 6000k led bulb and 3000k ( yellow ) led for the fog
im in the market of upgrading my lights as well.what brand model of led light you bought? how are the low beam beam pattern?my friend bought led headlights and his low beam beam pattern is all over the place.i want a led headlight kit that will have the same 180 degrees oem beam pattern.if you can get some pics of your led at night would be great thanks
post #8 of 12 Old 01-07-2017, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwerkshi View Post
im in the market of upgrading my lights as well.what brand model of led light you bought? how are the low beam beam pattern?my friend bought led headlights and his low beam beam pattern is all over the place.i want a led headlight kit that will have the same 180 degrees oem beam pattern.if you can get some pics of your led at night would be great thanks
There are a few threads on here specifically about replacement bulbs. Recommend you read through it. Some have gone through the Optik brand, I went with Philips Ultinon and highly recommend them.
Phalkon30 and cwerkshi like this.
post #9 of 12 Old 01-09-2017, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
im in the market of upgrading my lights as well.what brand model of led light you bought? how are the low beam beam pattern?my friend bought led headlights and his low beam beam pattern is all over the place.i want a led headlight kit that will have the same 180 degrees oem beam pattern.if you can get some pics of your led at night would be great thanks[/QUOTE]

This is wath I used love them https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01J9...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170109_103324_1483974546792.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	21546  
post #10 of 12 Old 01-10-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaths View Post
This is wath I used love them https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01J9...?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/QUOTE]
nice! I ordered this hopefully comes in soonhttps://www.amazon.com/NIGHTEYE-Head...ds=nighteye+h4how about your fog lights?what brand did you use?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page