User Tag List

3Likes

post #1 of 25 Old 04-19-2015, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Power driver seat?

As a road warrior sales person I need a power driver seat with lumbar but not seeing any details yet beyond the manual height adjust similar to the Fit for the LX/EX- anyone have a clue about the higher trim levels having a better seat? I just wish someone would make a base model car with a power seat as an option in this price range!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 04-19-2015, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Recaro. Buy a Recaro and you can take it with you from car to car over the years. They make a mounting kit for pretty much every car on the market.

I bought one for my 1993 Mazda RX7 and loved it.
Chandra Singh likes this.
post #3 of 25 Old 04-19-2015, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
>> I just wish someone would make a base model car with a power seat as an option in this price range!

For about what we expect the base HRV to cost, you can get a (discounted) Kia Soul+ with the optional 10-way power seat (and pretty much loaded).

post #4 of 25 Old 04-19-2015, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
No power seats in HR-V

From what I got from other threads here, they won't be able to fit all the mechanicals required for a power seat in the HR-V (nor Fit) because the gas tank was relocated under the seats to improve storage capacity in the back.
post #5 of 25 Old 04-19-2015, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
I think you are mixing two separate requirements here; power seats and comfortable seats. Yes, the two may be linked, but are not exclusive. Power seats are a convenience to make it easier to move the seat into a variety of positions. Comfortable seats mean the seat will fit the driver well and be comfy over those long drives. You can have comfort without power, and visa versa. Eliminating the motors and electronics with power seats reduces weight, and improves fuel economy. Plus, it lowers maintenance costs over the long term. I'd say drive the car and then decide if the seats are comfortable before you nix it just because the seats aren't power seats.
CdnColin likes this.
post #6 of 25 Old 04-19-2015, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
I did find a link for installing power seats in a fit.

But it didn't look like an easy job and there were questions about insurance issues since the aftermarket seat did not have an airbag.
post #7 of 25 Old 04-19-2015, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammit View Post
I think you are mixing two separate requirements here; power seats and comfortable seats. Yes, the two may be linked, but are not exclusive. Power seats are a convenience to make it easier to move the seat into a variety of positions. Comfortable seats mean the seat will fit the driver well and be comfy over those long drives. You can have comfort without power, and visa versa. Eliminating the motors and electronics with power seats reduces weight, and improves fuel economy. Plus, it lowers maintenance costs over the long term. I'd say drive the car and then decide if the seats are comfortable before you nix it just because the seats aren't power seats.
I think the issue is that power seats tend to have more types of adjustment available. If you can only move forward and back and adjust the tilt of the back of the seat, even with the height adjustment, you are limited. If the seat doesn't naturally fit your frame, you are out of luck.
For instance, I have long legs and need a good tilt in the bottom of the seat, which a manual adjust my does not give. I found the HR-V seat to be very flat, and with no tilt possible, uncomfortable.
post #8 of 25 Old 04-20-2015, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks- looked at the soul but the loss in fuel economy is a deal breaker...

And I appreciate the comments about comfort vs power but having a lumbar and base tilt is pretty crucial and not typically found in a non-power seat.

Will look at recaro- thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by pinman; 04-20-2015 at 06:37 PM.
post #9 of 25 Old 04-20-2015, 07:23 PM
smp

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Question

I'm confused. I have always had manual seats, and they all moved forward/back and up/down. The angle of the seat was always adjustable as well as the angle of the seat back. I assumed it was standard.

Are you saying it is not, and the HR-V in all trims the tilt of the seat itself is fixed?
post #10 of 25 Old 04-21-2015, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
I've always had manual seats as well. In older cars the manual adjustments were just fore and aft and recline of the back. A vertical height adjustment is pretty common these days. In my 2003 Acura the whole seat moves up and down with a pump handle on the side, and seems to tilt slightly forward as it's raised.

The other very helpful adjustment is to the lumbar support, which my car also has in the form of a knob on the side of the seat.

I've never had or sat in a manual seat that allows separate adjustment of the tilt of the seat base. That would be useful for thigh support, since I have the body of a jockey and the legs of a basketballer.

Our trips are generally so short that ultimate comfort isn't critical. The one thing I'd appreciate about power seats is the memory, as my wife and I share one car but not, thankfully, the same body shape.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page