96Likes

post #101 of 163 Old 05-31-2015, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruenie View Post
Everyone has his/her own tolerance level for cost cutting in vehicles. I don't keep "crap" in my car, and I stand by my claim that Honda put very little thought into cubby space in the HR-V. If you find the storage space ok, then it's not a deal breaker for you.
I don't know if cubbies are a product of "cost cutting"...probably not really to any real degree. My old Civic was cheap and had many 'little cubbies'...and 'ounce for ounce', I found the HRV not too terribly far removed from my Civic...just laid out differently.

I do not disagree (if you read the post closely) that they could have done better on that front especially as regards a place to put one's sunglasses. You also may well be different that the majority of people...but people do keep a lot of crap in their autos...the more space for crap, the more crap seems to be attracted to it. It's seems to be some cosmic law of nature. Nature abhors a vacuum as they say.

Last edited by leavenfish; 05-31-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 163 Old 05-31-2015, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
I'm psyched that the armrest slides forward - although, apparently unlike most people, I do use 2 cup holders. I hope that's not just in the EX-L.. I appreciate some of the great suggestions here for helping to find cubby space, for those of us who need or want it. Yes, some things I have are "junk" - but most are not.. I spend a lot of time in my car. I was thinking of using the cup holders in the door for my water, and having the console ones for other things, but I can't know until I actually get the car. There are some great suggestions/experiences here though - aside from some opinions that some people think everyone should be like them! I'm thrilled if there's a place for loose change in that door pocket, don't need much room but some is good. We often have two people in the car, and also often eat fast food - yes, we are terrible people eating unhealthy food - however that's only a small percentage of what we eat. Bice, your idea is great - I had already thought of that - the things that slide between the seat and the console - will have to see that once I get the car. There are also "caddy's" that fit there with some storage built in - again will have to have the car first to see the options there. I may sound and be spoiled, but I'd like a place for an umbrella, hairbrush, napkins, coins and maybe a very few other things. I WILL be getting this car, and I will deal on the cubby space shortage, and I DO thank everyone for their suggestions. iTowngirl found that Kleenex makes a round dispenser that fits in the door cup holder - that's very nice too. I tried to find a round napkin dispenser, but didn't find one. Yes, with every car, every house, every cell phone, etc., there is always going to be something you wish was better. I agree with those who wrote about the flooring in the HRV being cheap and like felt, AND that it sticks out when the seat is all the way back. Again, something we'll have to learn to live with. That I understand maybe Honda didn't have much choice on, but some things are really not cost cutting, just plain ignorant. I had my gen 1 CRV (also very cheap inside) for 14 years, and I hope to have the HRV just as long. Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions and ways they have found to increase or make best use of the space available. Also, thanks to HRV4ME (I think) for the link to the screen cleaner. I have never had a screen like that in my car, but I can see it might get dirty, and surely will look better clean, and that's a perfect size dispenser. Sorry I'm just not a minimalist. I spent a lot of time in my car and I DO like having a certain amount of stuff with me at all times.
post #103 of 163 Old 05-31-2015, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
I wonder if anyone makes aftermarket carpet kits???

post #104 of 163 Old 05-31-2015, 10:16 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavenfish View Post
One more thing to note. While there are those two super nice/configurable cup holder in the center console...but there is also one in the door - each door - up towards the front, under the dash a bit. To me that would be about unusable for a cup holder...not practical as you would not want to bend over to get the drink while driving...but you could use it for a spare I guess. My point is that there is one on each door so you essentially have 4 cup holders up front. Who needs that?
I wish there were longer door storage bins as well, but I love the door bottle holders. I often use both main cupholders myself, one for the water that goes with me everywhere and one for a soda if it's a long trip. If I have a passenger, they would be out of luck in my old car. In the HR-V, they're all set, as are the back seat passengers.

I'm planning a road trip in the HR-V this summer with friends, and I think all the cupholders are going to see plenty of use.
post #105 of 163 Old 05-31-2015, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
I'm psyched that the armrest slides forward - although, apparently unlike most people, I do use 2 cup holders. I hope that's not just in the EX-L.. .

I know it's not just the EX-L because it was a regular EX I got to set in.
Also...I like sitting closer to the steering wheel than most so for others it may be just fine where they sit. I only had to move it forward a little... can of soda would still sit in the holder further away from the dash.

Some like to have the seat lean back...I like mine almost straight up.
Frankie likes this.
post #106 of 163 Old 05-31-2015, 11:35 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Thanks for the info on the sliding arm rest. Am psyched about that. Also - definitely aware of the 4 cup holders - just have to find the right uses for them all - since I intend to re-purpose some, but I, too, like my water and Soda on long trips, and I do drive a lot.
post #107 of 163 Old 05-31-2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Thanks for the info on the sliding arm rest. Am psyched about that. Also - definitely aware of the 4 cup holders - just have to find the right uses for them all - since I intend to re-purpose some, but I, too, like my water and Soda on long trips, and I do drive a lot.

You know...I think there is one right behind the armrest where the AC port is. I might be misremembering that though...if there is, one could reach right behind and go to 'drink #2 ' once 'drink #1 " is gone.
post #108 of 163 Old 06-01-2015, 12:27 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
My drivers door pocket hairbrush didn't fit in the smaller pocket on the HRV after I got home. I guess I'll get a new hairbrush.

The only other things that returned from the Fit, my ipod nano and it's cable are in the "basement" media cubby and my iphone charging cable. The armrest cubby got purell, a pen, and sunglasses. Handcream and chapstick may make an appearance but I have about half a dozen chapsticks in my purse anyway.
post #109 of 163 Old 06-01-2015, 12:30 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post

I agree! How much carpet material would actually be required for each car? (I know it adds up when building hundreds of thousands, but we're not talking living room quality carpeting here). How much more $$$ would it cost per car -- $50 tops? And wouldn't the carpeting also help muffle sounds?
Frankie and gruenie like this.
post #110 of 163 Old 06-01-2015, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozarks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post

I agree! How much carpet material would actually be required for each car? (I know it adds up when building hundreds of thousands, but we're not talking living room quality carpeting here). How much more $$$ would it cost per car -- $50 tops? And wouldn't the carpeting also help muffle sounds?
Exactly. My '13 Civic had the same 'Carpet' in it. It looks very cheap, nothing says cost cutting like whatever that crap is.
Frankie likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page