User Tag List

2Likes
  • 2 Post By Selden

post #1 of 8 Old 05-31-2015, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Need help setting doors to "driver door open unlock" mode.

I have a CVT EX with Smart Entry and I'm trying to follow the instructions in the owner's manual on p. 112 to make all doors unlock whenever the driver's door is open.

Step 1 says

Apply the parking break. CVT: Move the shift lever out of P with the break pedal depressed.

I cannot move the shift lever unless the car is running, but it doesn't say to have the car running. If I do try this with the car running, I get the three blinks at the end but it does not have the desired effect -- still when I open teh driver's door, teh rear doors remain locked.

What am I doing wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-31-2015, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Is that not the default setting?

Sorry, can't help you with following the instructions, but just thought I remembered that one being marked the default setting.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-31-2015, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks, @aatx . So when you open the driver's door from the outside of the car, does it unlock the other doors?
That's what I'm after.

post #4 of 8 Old 05-31-2015, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Opening the drivers door only opens the drivers door. Opening the passenger door opens all the doors. The options for the driver is double clicking the unlock on the key fob, or pulling the unlock tab on the inside of the drivers door.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-31-2015, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klotz View Post
Thanks, @aatx . So when you open the driver's door from the outside of the car, does it unlock the other doors?
That's what I'm after.
No. Pretty sure it's only opening it from the inside handle that unlocks the other doors.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-08-2016, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktina View Post
Opening the drivers door only opens the drivers door. Opening the passenger door opens all the doors. The options for the driver is double clicking the unlock on the key fob, or pulling the unlock tab on the inside of the drivers door.

Did you ever figure out how to get this done?
post #7 of 8 Old 05-08-2016, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klotz View Post
I have a CVT EX with Smart Entry and I'm trying to follow the instructions in the owner's manual on p. 112 to make all doors unlock whenever the driver's door is open.

Step 1 says

Apply the parking break. CVT: Move the shift lever out of P with the break pedal depressed.

I cannot move the shift lever unless the car is running, but it doesn't say to have the car running. If I do try this with the car running, I get the three blinks at the end but it does not have the desired effect -- still when I open teh driver's door, teh rear doors remain locked.

What am I doing wrong?
Did you ever figure out how to do this? I just got my HR-V and I am trying to figure out how to do this.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-08-2016, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jono119 View Post
Did you ever figure out how to do this? I just got my HR-V and I am trying to figure out how to do this.
The quoted instructions, in addition to misspelling "brake" do not describe the process correctly. Note that opening the driver's door of a locked car from the outside unlocks the driver's door only. Opening the passenger door unlocks all doors. I intensely dislike cars that lock automatically, so I reprogrammed the doors not to do so. If I want the doors locked, I push the lock button on the door.

Here are pages 111 and 112 from the Owner's Manual:

With the ignition ON, if necessary, move the shift lever to N, then apply the parking brake, put it in park, and turn off the ignition. Then follow the instructions in the owner's manual. I just went out to the car and went through this to confirm that everything works as described.

Here are text-only instructions from Matt Castrucci Honda: Programming and Customizing Your Honda Vehicle

Program doors to unlock when you turn the car off
1. Close the driverís door. Put the shift lever in Park and turn the ignition into the On (II) position.
2. While pressing the brake, move the shift lever out of Park.
3. Press and hold the unlock side of the master locks switch for approximately 10 seconds. In that time, you will hear three clicks.
4. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the lock (0) position.

Program doors to unlock when you shift into Park
1. Close the driverís door and shift the vehicle into Park.
2. Turn the ignition to On (II), then press and hold the unlock side of the master lock switch for approximately 10 seconds. You will hear three clicks.
3. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the Lock position.

Program doors to lock when you reach 9 mph
1. Close the driverís door and put the shifter in Park. Turn the ignition to the On (II) position.
2. While pressing on the brake, move the shifter out of Park.
3. Then, press and hold the lock side of the master lock switch for about five seconds until you hear two clicks.
4. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the Lock position.

Program all doors to lock when you shift out of Park
1. Close the driverís door and put the car in Park.
2. Turn the ignition to the On (II) position.
3. Press and hold the lock side of the master lock switch for five seconds until you hear two clicks.

Turn off Auto Unlock
1. Open the driverís door and put the shifter in Park.
2. Turn the ignition to On (II).
3. Press and hold the unlock side of the master lock switch for five seconds until you hear two clicks.

Turn off Auto Lock
1. Open the driverís door and put the shifter in Park.
2. Turn the ignition to On (II).
3. Press and hold the lock side of the master lock for about five seconds until you hear two clicks.

Program driverís door to unlock when you shift into park
1. Close the driverís door. Put the shift lever in Park.
2. Turn the ignition to the On (II) position.
3. Press and hold the lock side of the master lock switch for about five seconds Ė you will hear two clicks.

Program driverís door to unlock when you turn the car off
1. Close the driverís door. Put the shift lever n Park. Turn the ignition to the On (II) position.
2. While pressing the brake, move the shifter out of Park.
3. Press and hold the lock side of the master lock switch for about five seconds Ė you will hear two clicks.
mainemanx and eXceLon like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page