20Likes

post #11 of 79 Old 10-26-2015, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden View Post
See this post from March 15: Air suspension hr-v

Absolutely not an option for me, as my wife half destroyed the front end of our old Fit by repeatedly high siding it on curbs. So far, she hasn't done the same with the HR-V (fingers crossed).
Ok, now I get it. Not an option for me either, especially when there is 6"~8" of snow on the roads..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 79 Old 10-26-2015, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonHRV View Post
Ok, now I get it. Not an option for me either, especially when there is 6"~8" of snow on the roads..
Oh yeah. We gave our 2009 Fit to our daughter, who previously had a 2003 Subaru Forester that was on its last legs. The Fit was pretty good, but the Forester was a way better snow car.
post #13 of 79 Old 10-26-2015, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Well as I'm in MD the snow is manageable, and I've done lots of research into BC Racing.. They have very good reviews. I would upgrade the sway bars as well if they were made available. I'll also be upgrading the wheels and tires, the handling will undoubtedly improve, reducing body roll if nothing else.

post #14 of 79 Old 10-28-2015, 02:59 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Im kinda familiar with BC coilovers. My buddies have them on their car. Maybe you should do a little more research to see if the company would recommend switching the spring rate to a spring from one of the higher end BC coils. I can see that the spring rate would be fine how it is on a car but on a smaller SUV...not quite sure. It's a new car so I do not know how much R&D they put into making this coilover. It's noce because they make replacement parts for their suspension systems so I'm willing to bet you can mix the spring rates. I heard the basic set up runs kinda stiff on the cars my buddies drive, haha but they take their cars to a track. Lol At least the model that is for sale at least has a dampner you can adjust. Good luck on this project! Im rooting for you to get this completed! I would love to see some pictures of this.
post #15 of 79 Old 10-28-2015, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I am a firm believer in to each his own. I owned an 11 second 68 Camaro SS/RS , 69 nova, 69 impala
all modified by me all very fast street race cars. now that I am older I generally don't mess with my cars. especially the suspension. For me at this point I consider Rims and tires thats it. Todays cars are very well designed so I try and keep it that way.
I do however understand the need and desire to personalise. HAVE FUN
post #16 of 79 Old 10-28-2015, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Well the set for the HRV is 5/3k so they should be in the softer side when turned down.... And I've done plenty of research on them .... This setup should be everything I need it to be... If not I can always order replacements like mentioned.... Overall I think it'll be a very worthwhile investment
post #17 of 79 Old 10-29-2015, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Awesome! Please send pictures once you get them put on! Would love to see how it looks!
post #18 of 79 Old 10-30-2015, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
I've been waiting for Eibach or another reputable brand to make lowering springs. I wan't a mild drop on my HRV. I'm older now (32) and have a baby on the way, so I can't slam it. Not to mention, the wife would probably kill me.

Other than the 2013 Honda Fit that I only owned for a month, every previous car that I've owned was lowered. This was my last one. I really miss this car. It handled like a gokart and gas mileage was great... Even when I punched the gas almost every chance I got.

This is on semi cheap coilovers.

This is on Eibach Sportline Springs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SlowFosho; 10-30-2015 at 09:07 PM.
post #19 of 79 Old 10-30-2015, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I'm 32 as well but without the wife and kids... So I wanna experiment with the coilovers and see how it looks lowered a bit then dropped a good ways... I need to nail down a set of wheels .... My HRV is mulberry and I think the 04-05 tl-s wheels would look very nice
post #20 of 79 Old 12-10-2015, 02:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Is there an ETA on the BC coilovers?

CBP HR-V
CBR1000RR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page