Android and HondaLink - Honda HR-V Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 15 Old 01-28-2016, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Android and HondaLink

I'm hearing from some dealers that my Samsung Android phone won't connect to the Honda Link & Aha apps. What are your experiences with this? How important are these apps? (I assume there is no way to connect Google Maps & Waze to the system, but wonder what else is done with these apps.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-28-2016, 10:58 PM
JSO

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
There is an android app for Honda Link, and it does allow you to connect to the aha stations. I played with it briefly on my Samsung phone when I first picked up my HR-V. Haven't looked at it since. The app is actually involved in the background when you're playing music via bluetooth. The dealers are still learning the vehicle themselves and still have much to learn. You will soon know much more than many of them.
post #3 of 15 Old 02-10-2016, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The Honda Link and Honda Aha apps work on the Android phone ok, but won't connect to the HR-V Audio system. Selecting Honda Link on the Home screen or Aha on the Audio screen do not work with Android phones. And despite the reality that 80% of worldwide smartphones are Androids.

Period Android iOS Windows Phone BlackBerry OS Others
2015Q2 82.8% 13.9% 2.6% 0.3% 0.4%
http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartpho...rket-share.jsp

post #4 of 15 Old 03-02-2016, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
You can use MirrorLink on your Android phone.

You can do this using MirrorLink. As a matter of fact, you can get your entire phone on the screen of the HRV. I have an android phone and I can only tell you about it, but I can't imagine the iphone would be much different.

Here's how you do it:

- Connect your phone to the USB of the car
- Check to see if you have MirrorLink on your phone.
- Go to settings > More (or More Connections)
- Touch MirrorLink to start the connection with the stereo
- On the home screen of your stereo you will see two arrows (like this >>)
- Select the arrows and you will see all apps that are MirrorLink compatible (full list by googling MirrorLink apps)
- To see your entire phone on the screen go back to MirrorLink again and select it again.

Enjoy!
T
post #5 of 15 Old 03-02-2016, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinToronto View Post
You can use MirrorLink on your Android phone.

You can do this using MirrorLink. As a matter of fact, you can get your entire phone on the screen of the HRV. I have an android phone and I can only tell you about it, but I can't imagine the iphone would be much different.

Here's how you do it:

- Connect your phone to the USB of the car
- Check to see if you have MirrorLink on your phone.
- Go to settings > More (or More Connections)
- Touch MirrorLink to start the connection with the stereo
- On the home screen of your stereo you will see two arrows (like this >>)
- Select the arrows and you will see all apps that are MirrorLink compatible (full list by googling MirrorLink apps)
- To see your entire phone on the screen go back to MirrorLink again and select it again.

Enjoy!
T
I have MirrorLink on my Samsung Galaxy 5, I click it on, but no apps appear on the HR-V (EX) screen (in the U.S.). How did you get apps onto the Honda? I went to the MirrorLink webpage and noticed that the HR-V is NOT listed as compatible, see http://www.mirrorlink.com/cars/Honda What apps do you have that work?

Also, not clear on your last step - what do you mean "go back to MirrorLink again and select it again". - Go back to the phone or car screen? and select what again?

Please clarify how you are doing this. Thanks.

Last edited by bic11; 03-02-2016 at 08:39 PM.
post #6 of 15 Old 03-03-2016, 01:42 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bic11 View Post
I have MirrorLink on my Samsung Galaxy 5, I click it on, but no apps appear on the HR-V (EX) screen (in the U.S.). How did you get apps onto the Honda? I went to the MirrorLink webpage and noticed that the HR-V is NOT listed as compatible, see http://www.mirrorlink.com/cars/Honda What apps do you have that work?

Also, not clear on your last step - what do you mean "go back to MirrorLink again and select it again". - Go back to the phone or car screen? and select what again?

Please clarify how you are doing this. Thanks.
I tried it on my Verizon Note 4 today and had the exact same problem. No apps shown and could not see my phone on the screen.
post #7 of 15 Old 03-03-2016, 02:38 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I have a Note 4 as well and it works fine with Mirrorlink. Perhaps you don't have any Mirrorlink compatible apps installed? The only apps I've used so far are Sygic Car Navigation, RockScout, and Vanilla Music. If you have Spotify you can also use it with RockScout. It won't mirror anything else.
post #8 of 15 Old 03-03-2016, 02:47 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Ah. That might be it. I don't have any of those apps. I thought I read somewhere that someone used Google maps using mirror link. Should I be able to see my entire phone anyway?
post #9 of 15 Old 03-03-2016, 03:00 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
post #10 of 15 Old 03-03-2016, 04:33 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SlowHRV View Post
Ah. That might be it. I don't have any of those apps. I thought I read somewhere that someone used Google maps using mirror link. Should I be able to see my entire phone anyway?
Nah when Mirrorlink is active your phone display will go completely black. At that point you can only interface with the Mirrorlink capable apps through the head unit by clicking the arrow that appears on the right, which will take you to the page where you'll see the apps you have installed that work with it. You can try the Sygic 7 day trial just to fool around with it and see how it all works. Unfortunately Google Maps is not mirrorlink capable. The newer S6 and Note5 have Samsung Car Mode that is mirrorlink capable tho, and I believe you can set Google Maps for the nav function on that. We're SoL with the Note 4 tho. I have an S7 Edge coming in so I'll see how it works with that.

The only way to mirror the whole phone is through MHL via HDMI connection, but you won't be able to display while the car is not in park.

Last edited by slippyturtle; 03-03-2016 at 04:37 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page