Samsung Galaxy S6, Mirrorlink and the HR-V - Page 2 - Honda HR-V Forum
User Tag List

post #11 of 21 Old 03-24-2016, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
My only desire for the screen mirroring was to display Google maps, looking like it's just not going to be possible with the S6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 Old 03-25-2016, 12:58 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Ahhh. I wanted that too. Even with Car Mode, although you can set Google Maps as the default navigation app, it will only allow you to use Sygic for navigation through Mirrorlink. I could use Google Maps by mirroring my Note 4 through MHL with the parking brake bypass hack, but it just wasn't a feasible daily solution. Since they took MHL away with the newer Galaxy phones, I haven't found any other way to use Google Maps. It sucks that we didn't get one of the newer head units that they are using now that support Android Auto.
post #13 of 21 Old 03-27-2016, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hey slippyturtle, could you test Spotify for me using your S7, through Bluetooth and through Rockscout? Specifically I'm wanting to know if the metadata displays to the screen, and through Rockscout if you're able to scroll through playlists/songs without interruption.
post #14 of 21 Old 03-29-2016, 06:56 PM

Sorry didn't see your post earlier Kerplar. I can confirm that Spotify works through Rockscout via Mirrorlink. Metadata displays properly, touch screen interactive, and steering wheel controls work. Full functionality.
post #15 of 21 Old 03-30-2016, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thank you Slippy I greatly appreciate it. One question, for the metadata did you test only using RockScout w/Spotify, or did you test streaming through Bluetooth as well? I've tested using an S4 streaming through Bluetooth, but the metadata doesn't display.

I've been playing with some other ideas on getting Mirrorlink to work. I have an old S4 phone, so I'm using it to test. Unlucky for me, apparently Drivelink (what Mirrorlink was originally) was supported by the S3 but not the S4, and then Mirrorlink was again supported in the S5 onward, so I'm in this weird position for both the phones I own. Anyway, I've been doing a lot of research through old forum posts online, and I've done a small test with the S4.

I flashed the Samsung lollipop android onto the phone, version 5.0.1, and then installed a modified apk package for Drivelink on it. Unfortunately it looks like that Drivelink package only works on android version 4.3.2 and below. Today/this week, I'm going to try flashing a custom ROM running 4.3.2 onto the S4, install the modified Drivelink, and then test. If that works, I'll then need to see if RockScout w/Spotify will work on the older versions of Android. It's definitely a long shot, but if it works I'll be saving myself hundreds of dollars.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate the feedback you've provided. I think this forum may possibly be one of the only places online discussing Android integration for the 2016 HRV, so as much information as we can get down will help anyone else who's having issues.
post #16 of 21 Old 03-30-2016, 04:18 PM

Ah sorry initially just tested with Mirrorlink. To test further for you, I just stepped out of the office to see if it works via bluetooth only and yes, metadata shows up perfectly and steering wheel controls track selection etc. No album photos tho. On a whole, the S7 seems to work better with the car than even my Note 4 did... aside from the whole MHL thing, which makes me sad in the pants.
post #17 of 21 Old 04-23-2016, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I just updated my S6 to Android marshmallow 6.0.1. I tested it again and I can confirm that it now connects with Mirrorlink, and I successfully used Rockscout with Spotify. Streaming spotify over bluetooth though still did not display the metadata though, but I have some functionality at least.
post #18 of 21 Old 07-01-2016, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Guys. I have no idea why but my s7 edge doesn't seem to work on mirrorlink. My phone says connected via mirrorlink on screen when plugged in via Usb and Bluetooth is connected but when I swipe right to see the apps it says smartphone not compatible. I can get all audio through Bluetooth but quite like idea of screen mirroring. Any help would raise you all to legend status!
post #19 of 21 Old 07-01-2016, 09:32 PM

Do you have any Mirrorlink apps installed?
post #20 of 21 Old 07-28-2016, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slippyturtle View Post
Yep. That's what's so weird about this situation... I have two phones, one a generation behind, and the other a generation ahead of your S6, and they both work fine without issue. The only bummer about my S7 Edge is the lack of MHL for HDMI mirroring.

The only real problem I have is the lack of intended functionality of the Car Mode for Galaxy app through Mirrorlink. That was one of the reasons I upgraded from my Note 4, thinking it was supposed to work like Samsung's version of Android Auto/Apple Carplay.
Hey. what do you do to get the mirrorlink to wrk between s7edge end hrv? I bought the phone today, and I have used many hours outside tryed to figure this out! I have downloaden sygic on my phone. but and I plug in my USBcable. but how do I get ste screen with the maps on the Car and not the phone?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page