JDM Vezel LED projector headlights + JDM LED projector fog lights installed - Page 2 - Honda HR-V Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

post #11 of 21 Old 04-26-2016, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Garage
Wow, amazing writeup! Lot more money than I want to spend on the mod unfortunately, but maybe as time goes on it will come down.

I really like the DRL in the fog lamp mod I saw you can get in another thread, for $75 that seemed like a small step towards this. Thanks for taking the time to put this together!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 Old 04-26-2016, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalkon30 View Post
Wow, amazing writeup! Lot more money than I want to spend on the mod unfortunately, but maybe as time goes on it will come down.

I really like the DRL in the fog lamp mod I saw you can get in another thread, for $75 that seemed like a small step towards this. Thanks for taking the time to put this together!
Ya unfortunately it's a pricey swap. Maybe when the parts become more widely available the price will drop... but some of the sets of headlights they have are cheaper in less than perfect (but still fully operational) condition. For a pair of headlights, it's not too bad. I've paid more, and less, to do swaps like this in the past.

The foglights are really expensive tho... but it's a more complicated multi projector array so it's not your normal foglight setup and I guess that justifies Honda's high retail price on these. JDM Yamato just posted up the LED foglamp set for the Vezel RS. It's about $150 cheaper than the Accessory version with the only difference being the black mesh surround. It's still pricey but at least it's a cheaper alternative to those looking to upgrade... and a stealthier look.
post #13 of 21 Old 04-27-2016, 03:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Howzit SlipperyTurtle!

I am on Oahu too. I love the projector swap and I know you spent some serious scripts on this set up. I am interested in doing this swap somewhere down the line. I have done some modifications already on my car, Started with full coilover drop suspension and wheels. Maybe we could meet up one day and check out your headlight swap. Once again awesome job!

post #14 of 21 Old 04-27-2016, 05:12 AM

My apologies SlippyTurtle I just realized I typed your name wrong. It's 11pm past my bedtime

WhtKnt808
post #15 of 21 Old 04-27-2016, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknight808 View Post
Howzit SlipperyTurtle!

I am on Oahu too. I love the projector swap and I know you spent some serious scripts on this set up. I am interested in doing this swap somewhere down the line. I have done some modifications already on my car, Started with full coilover drop suspension and wheels. Maybe we could meet up one day and check out your headlight swap. Once again awesome job!
Eh howzit man.

I saw that the guys at Auto Customs did a white HR-V with BC coilovers and black rims recently... I assume that's yours? I saw the pics on FB... if so nice job! The swap really isn't too bad to do at all. Let me know if you wanna meet up and check it out.

I'm still contemplating what rims I want to go with, but probably going to only go with 18's and keep the stock ride height. Need something comfortable to ride around in with the destruction all this rail work is doing to the roads in my area. My other car is slammed on 19's with 30's and I can hardly stand to drive that car around now.

Hoping safety inspection stations don't notice the light swaps too. I hate to have to swap them out every year to pass lol.
post #16 of 21 Old 04-27-2016, 12:47 PM

Good morning!
Ahhh...Safety check and recon 2 things we have to worry about here in Hawaii. I plan on getting my "recon" done before I do any "lighting" modifications. Yes my ride was done at auto customs real good guys, i've been friends with them since Eurosport days. I was considering 18's at first but got a really good deal on the 19's and the tires weren't that bad in cost either. Glad I went with the 19's I really wanted to go wider like 9.5 but the poke was way too much. I really didn't want to roll any fenders or go extreme camber adjustment. Wide body kit or flares was out of the question. I've seen several HR-V's on the web with 20 x 10 and bagged and tucking they look sick. I can't imagine the modifications they put.
I hear you on rough rides with the rail construction and pot holes etc. My biggest concern is rock chips. I commute on the H3 a few times a week and seems like every other time I get a chip on the hood and have to touch up. I stay clear of any big trucks but somehow I can't avoid the chips. Is our paint that soft or maybe just my color? Have you encountered this issue? I really hate to put a bug shield and don't even know if that will work as I have had a couple of chips above the area the shield would cover. Sorry for the rant. lol

WhtKnt808
post #17 of 21 Old 04-27-2016, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
In europe ex version comes with all the led lights.
One of the reasons this is a 29500 dollar car in Europe.
post #18 of 21 Old 04-27-2016, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Good morning!
Ahhh...Safety check and recon 2 things we have to worry about here in Hawaii. I plan on getting my "recon" done before I do any "lighting" modifications. Yes my ride was done at auto customs real good guys, i've been friends with them since Eurosport days. I was considering 18's at first but got a really good deal on the 19's and the tires weren't that bad in cost either. Glad I went with the 19's I really wanted to go wider like 9.5 but the poke was way too much. I really didn't want to roll any fenders or go extreme camber adjustment. Wide body kit or flares was out of the question. I've seen several HR-V's on the web with 20 x 10 and bagged and tucking they look sick. I can't imagine the modifications they put.
I hear you on rough rides with the rail construction and pot holes etc. My biggest concern is rock chips. I commute on the H3 a few times a week and seems like every other time I get a chip on the hood and have to touch up. I stay clear of any big trucks but somehow I can't avoid the chips. Is our paint that soft or maybe just my color? Have you encountered this issue? I really hate to put a bug shield and don't even know if that will work as I have had a couple of chips above the area the shield would cover. Sorry for the rant. lol
Ya I've known Jeff since the Eurosport days too lol. You're right on about the soft paint tho... I'm having the same problems as you and I hardly spend any time on the freeway. I live in the Pearl City area and they have these stupid fricking little blue/purple berry trees alongside the road everywhere and just the impact of those dropping off the tree and hitting the car is enough to chip the paint. I just got one on my roof... so pissed. This car has the softest and most easily damaged paint I've ever seen.

I debated the bug shield too but erf. I really don't want one of those things. I doubt it would help any too.
post #19 of 21 Old 04-27-2016, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
My biggest concern is rock chips. I commute on the H3 a few times a week and seems like every other time I get a chip on the hood and have to touch up. I stay clear of any big trucks but somehow I can't avoid the chips. Is our paint that soft or maybe just my color? Have you encountered this issue? I really hate to put a bug shield and don't even know if that will work as I have had a couple of chips above the area the shield would cover. Sorry for the rant. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by slippyturtle View Post
You're right on about the soft paint tho... I'm having the same problems as you and I hardly spend any time on the freeway. I live in the Pearl City area and they have these stupid fricking little blue/purple berry trees alongside the road everywhere and just the impact of those dropping off the tree and hitting the car is enough to chip the paint. I just got one on my roof... so pissed. This car has the softest and most easily damaged paint I've ever seen.

I debated the bug shield too but erf. I really don't want one of those things. I doubt it would help any too.

Have either of you thought about a 3M bra for your car? I'm here in Colorado and we have a lot of road debris that gets kicked up. I added a 3M bra and (knock on wood) we haven't had any rock chips. My Jetta (no bra)on the other hand, looks like someone through a bag of marbles at the hood.

White Orchid Pearl EX-L with Navigation
post #20 of 21 Old 04-27-2016, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I considered it when I was having the car tinted when I first purchased it, but decided not to do it because none of my other cars needed it. In hindsight, I wish I had lol. There's a couple of nicks on the front bumper and hood now that I don't think would look sightly under a clearbra now. Sigh, lesson learned.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page