User Tag List

1Likes

post #1 of 13 Old 05-08-2017, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
LX Speaker Wiring

I have a 2016 LX AWD with the stock 4 speaker system. I know the EX and EX-L's have dash mounted tweeters. The LX has the tweeter grills too and was wondering if the wiring for the tweeters was behind the dash also? Years ago I had a Civic that had rear speaker wiring hidden behind the plastic side panels even though they were not offered on base model I had. I popped off the tweeter grill but visibility was limited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-09-2017, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
No, I'm pretty sure you're going to have to take out the touch screen, then hopefully you have a set of red and pink wires twisted together... or an empty slot to plug into.

HELP! - LX Stereo Wiring
post #3 of 13 Old 05-09-2017, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxHRV View Post
No, I'm pretty sure you're going to have to take out the touch screen, then hopefully you have a set of red and pink wires twisted together... or an empty slot to plug into.

HELP! - LX Stereo Wiring
Thanks for the reply, I had another look through the tweeter grill holes (they pop off easily) and did not see any unused wires and connectors. I guess the LX uses a different harness for the audio. Was hoping to do a cheap and easy tweeter upgrade, College Hills Honda sells the OEM EX tweeters for $6.43 each! At that price I know they are not high end components but they are better than no tweeters at all.
Phalkon30 likes this.

post #4 of 13 Old 05-12-2017, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Garage
The stock ex audio actually isn't terrible, best I've had stock anyway. That's a steal on those, wonder if the door speakers are the same between models?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 HR-V EX 6MT - Purchased 4/14/16.

Behold: The Ninja Turtle
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 Old 05-12-2017, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalkon30 View Post
The stock ex audio actually isn't terrible, best I've had stock anyway. That's a steal on those, wonder if the door speakers are the same between models?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
The door speaker part #'s are the same for the LX, EX, and EX-L. They are only $14.13 each from College Hills Honda. I plan on upgrading the 4 door speakers, just have to find some good quality speakers at a decent price. Crutchfield recommended the Infinity REF-6522EX 6.5" 2 way's but at $199/pair, they are a bit pricey.

EDIT: The Crutchfield price of $199/pair was for two boxes of two speakers, they are actually $99/pair.

Last edited by j2bhrv; 05-13-2017 at 11:26 AM.
post #6 of 13 Old 05-13-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2bhrv View Post
The door speaker part #'s are the same for the LX, EX, and EX-L. They are only $14.13 each from College Hills Honda. I plan on upgrading the 4 door speakers, just have to find some good quality speakers at a decent price. Crutchfield recommended the Infinity REF-6522EX 6.5" 2 way's but at $200/pair, they are a bit pricey.
I got Kicker 40CSS674 and 41KSC674 at their recommendation, and I'm happy with them. I think it was $250 for everything, including shipping, brackets, wire harnesses. For the tweeters, I plastic welded them on in a way that I can still snap the stocks back in if I need to
post #7 of 13 Old 05-13-2017, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxHRV View Post
I got Kicker 40CSS674 and 41KSC674 at their recommendation, and I'm happy with them. I think it was $250 for everything, including shipping, brackets, wire harnesses. For the tweeters, I plastic welded them on in a way that I can still snap the stocks back in if I need to
Are you powering these speakers from stock head unit? I'm looking for speakers that will work well with the LX's modest power output, don't want to do an add on amp or subs.
post #8 of 13 Old 05-17-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2bhrv View Post
Are you powering these speakers from stock head unit? I'm looking for speakers that will work well with the LX's modest power output, don't want to do an add on amp or subs.
Yes. I have to keep the volume up higher (used to leave it at 10 with the OEM speakers, now I leave it at 15). I never even get close to max volume, so I don't mind that it needs a few extra digits to get to the same volume... Hope that makes sense
post #9 of 13 Old 05-17-2017, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Just received my order from crutchfield today, 4- Kicker 43DSC6704 6-3/4" 2 way speakers, adapter brackets, and wiring adapters. Total price, $129.99. Also picked up a 5 piece nylon auto trim/panel removal tool kit from Harbor Freight for $7.18, should make prying off the door panels easier and hopefully avoid breaking the tabs.

JaxHRV, did you have to trim the inside of the door panel speaker grill for clearance like Crutchfield suggest?
post #10 of 13 Old 05-18-2017, 10:20 AM

I did not - it looked like it had enough clearance to me. Take your time and double check when you install though!

One other thing I just remembered - the stock speakers just have one screw at the top. I did not trust this to be sturdy enough for the new speakers, so I drilled holes into my door so I could fit a screw through the bottom right and bottom left sides of the new speakers... You'll see what I mean when you get behind the door panels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page