User Tag List

12Likes

post #1 of 90 Old 05-23-2015, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
HondaLink Tips/Tricks/Questions

Thought I would start a thread for any of us new to HondaLink. So far I have one tip, one trick, and one question.

Tip:
When I initially paired my iPhone 6 Plus it (as expected) showed under the Bluetooth devices as HandsFreeLink. Now, it's "14AHU". My only guess is that I have a second HandsFreeLink which is my gf's CR-V

Trick:
In order for iPhones to get text messages on the screen, you have to:
1. Open Settings - Bluetooth
2. Tap the "i" next to your HandsFreeLink device
3. "Show Notifications" needs to be enabled.

You may have to disconnect/reconnect the Bluetooth for text messages to work.

Question:
When on the "Trip Computer" screen (which is rather cool) or Wallpaper/Clock and you use the steering wheel controls to change to the audio source or even go to the audio screen, there is no way from the steering wheel to return to the Trip Computer or wallpaper. Only the phone and audio are options. Or am I missing something? It seems you have to use the console touchscreen and tap Home, then Info.

On my gf's 2014 CR-V, she can use the steering wheel button to cycle through the Audio, Trip Computer, and Wallpaper..

Last edited by galvanization; 05-23-2015 at 09:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 Old 05-23-2015, 11:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Great idea for a thread, and good tips to start!

I haven't played with one yet, but I thought this video review of the Fit / Civic Next Generation system was a good intro, and should hopefully match the HRV pretty closely.

https://youtu.be/P2RgyREQSig
MGinMA likes this.
post #3 of 90 Old 05-23-2015, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for that video! One more tip/trick that I just discovered. Siri wasn't working very reliably through the steering wheel control. Half the time the smartphone logo would appear on the screen, but no Siri beep. To fix that, you have to enable Siri on the iPhone lock screen.

1. On your iPhone, go to Settings, then Touch ID and Passcode
2. Under "Allow access when locked", enable Siri

As a security caveat, one should probably research what's capable with Siri in the lockscreen. But after I did this, Siri was working rather well!

post #4 of 90 Old 05-24-2015, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
The Hondalink iOS cable kit sells for $99. I already have the lighting cable. Any suggestions on where to buy the other components that will work just as well?
post #5 of 90 Old 05-24-2015, 10:59 AM
JWB

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Sounds like from the video that the $99 cable might not be necessary in the future.
post #6 of 90 Old 05-24-2015, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek View Post
The Hondalink iOS cable kit sells for $99. I already have the lighting cable. Any suggestions on where to buy the other components that will work just as well?
I guess it depends on what you want to use HondaLink for, you may be able to get away with just BlueTooth and/or a USB cable. Is it for the navigation app? That doesn't really get stellar reviews, so I'd make sure that's what you want.

Also I don't think you need the official Honda kit, i believe it's just a normal Apple HDMI output adapter..
post #7 of 90 Old 05-24-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvanization View Post
I guess it depends on what you want to use HondaLink for, you may be able to get away with just BlueTooth and/or a USB cable. Is it for the navigation app? That doesn't really get stellar reviews, so I'd make sure that's what you want.

Also I don't think you need the official Honda kit, i believe it's just a normal Apple HDMI output adapter..
I was watching the video and was curious what else I could do if I had that connection. I figure if it wasn't going to cost a lot of money for an adapter, I'd go for it.
post #8 of 90 Old 05-24-2015, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Which things can be used with an Android Phone? Also, how would you be able to get XM radio on this car?
post #9 of 90 Old 05-24-2015, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I went to Amazon and bought the three components for $50 with the adaptor and the lightening cable being Apple parts.
post #10 of 90 Old 05-24-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmphotoart View Post
I went to Amazon and bought the three components for $50 with the adaptor and the lightening cable being Apple parts.
Can you please post links for the items?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page