Honda HR-V Forum banner

SlowFosho's Mods

95K views 154 replies 43 participants last post by  Dr. Toboggan 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently replaced the interior (dome and vanity) and license plate lights with LED lights. I also plan on doing an HID Retrofit and LED DRL Fog lights in the near future. I figured I'd create a single thread for my mods.

Here are pics of the interior and license plate lights. You can tell how bright they are by the way the license plate lights light up the floor.

See less See more
#5 ·
#6 ·
Nope, mine were plug and play and I was done with them all in 10 minutes. Hardest part is figuring out how to open all the lenses up. Massive improvement, I used these bulbs on someone elses recommendation here and they too worked fine. Not as bright as the ones above though lol!

Photos of my LEDs to compare are on this thread:

http://www.hrvforum.com/forum/706-w...ter-headlight-bulbs-today-several-photos.html

I did not grab interior shots though when I did that thread, but it looks much the same as 1SlowHRVs photos. I did get my foglight bulbs changed to match the headlights and it look GREAT now. Very glad I did all the bulbs as it makes it look much nicer to me anyway.

#10 ·
I logged in and checked but I did not find anything in my control panel for you - I know it has happened to some others here from time to time but it is something automatic I believe in the forums anti-spam service. You may try again and see what happens, if it still does not work I'll get the site admin on it for you. Sorry!

#21 ·
I "disabled" my center orange parking lights today. There are 3 wires going to it, a Black one (Ground), a Yellow one (Turn Signal), and a Grey one (Parking Light). I cut the grey one and taped it upBe. I cut it far back enough so that I can reconnect it if I wanted to. I think it makes the front look a lot cleaner.

Before

After

#22 ·
I also replaced the backup lights with 50W 360 degree Pure White Cree LED Bulbs. They a lot brighter than the OEM bulbs. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics of them before for comparison.

This pic is without any adjustments on the camera.

This one is with the ISO set at 100.

And a picture of the floor with the backup lights on. The street light doesn't shine on this side on the floor. You can see it to the left (Orange light).

#27 ·
I included a link to a video for the license plate lights. The guy is changing them on an Accord, but the HR-V lights are very similar.

For the back up lights, there's a small cover for each light on the inside of the tailgate. Once you remove those, you can easily access the bulbs and unlock them from the lights by turning it (I think it was to the left). Once unlocked and removed from the light, you just pull the bulb straight out and insert the new one in.