HRV vs FIT... - Page 2 - Honda HR-V Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

post #11 of 22 Old 10-25-2014, 03:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
HR-V vs FIT vs competition

Buyers who want more than the Fit but less than the CR-V have a lot of choices from other manufacturers (Crosstrek, Juke, etc.). Honda is playing catch-up and badly needs an HR-V.
Red likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 10-25-2014, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
I guess it is playing catch up but its not like they can do much more than they are now. The HR-V has been out in other regions for a while so you could argue that they were just slow to proliferate it.
post #13 of 22 Old 11-01-2014, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Well got my new Fit Ex 2 days ago. The test drive was very positive but as I drive it I like it even more. Acceleration is excellent..faster than the 'old" Fit. Cornering is better. Seats are more comfortable. Door handles are better(overgrip instead of undergrip). Love the CVT.
No more awkward downshifting upon acceleration...its smooth! The shift paddles are great for downshifting when coming up to a stop light. Brakes should last forever. lovin it!
However so far haven't been able to connect my chinese smart phone thru bluetooth(?)

post #14 of 22 Old 11-01-2014, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Red

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
I guess it is playing catch up but its not like they can do much more than they are now. The HR-V has been out in other regions for a while so you could argue that they were just slow to proliferate it.
No, no it has not... Vezel is about to hit 1 year on the market in Japan... There hasn't been a single HRV Sold...
post #15 of 22 Old 02-21-2015, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallant View Post
I just bought the fit. The reasons; Slightly more cargo room in the Fit than the HRV from info from japan. Also sportier ride..(lower centre of gravity) Lower roof means its easier to clean snow off the vehicle. (I live in canada). So far I haven't seen any reasons to choose the HRV. Except maybe AWD...which I am not interested in. And possibly it may have more shoulder room?

This was taken from Motor Trend's review of the Vezel which the HRV is based off of "Rear-seat room is plentiful, certainly if it's kids that will occupy the row, and cargo space is deceivingly big. Indeed, there's 24.3 cubic feet of volume with the second-row seats up and 58.8 with them folded flat. For comparison, a Fit provides 16.6 and 52.7, and a CR-V 35.2 and 70.9, respectively"

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/1411_2015_honda_vezel_first_drive/#ixzz3SPkCX0lx

I'm waiting until the HRV's arrive in the dealerships, so I can compare the sizes and features side by side in person, between the Fit and the HRV.
post #16 of 22 Old 02-21-2015, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
No, no it has not... Vezel is about to hit 1 year on the market in Japan... There hasn't been a single HRV Sold...
Actually the Vezel passed the 1 year mark in mid December of last year
post #17 of 22 Old 02-21-2015, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspot View Post
Actually the Vezel passed the 1 year mark in mid December of last year
didn't realize it's been so long already.
it's good for us since we can look at those, see what issues people have had. plus within that 1 year there's a good chance a good number of issues have been worked out before they get into our hands
post #18 of 22 Old 02-23-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Oh I'm not worried about HRV sales, its the FIT that really stands to lose. Once a FIT owner or shopper takes one look at the HRV and realises its a FIT just a little higher, with a little more cargo capacity, AWD and easier entry I dont see how anyone takes the FIT over HRV...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspot View Post
I agree with most of your position, but you leave out one very important factor,

Price.

The HR-V will several thousand dollars more than the Fit.
The other two factors that may play into this are fuel economy and handling. I would like the extra room and I prefer the HR-V's more conventional exterior, but the new engine in the FIT and its low price are compelling.

Has anyone seen any direct comparison reviews?
post #19 of 22 Old 06-14-2015, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Had a chance to compare both models today.

The Fit is very cute for what it is. I liked the size and seating position. Definitely a lot of space inside the little guy.

However, the HR-V feels like a luxury car in comparison to the Fit! Doors feel heavier, seats feel thicker and more supportive. The seats on the Fit were quite thin and did not seem very supportive. Interior finish is much better on the HR-V. Visibility on the Fit is significantly better than the HR-V obviously. The HR-V "feels" safer but that's just largely due to the size and heft. With that said, I certainly didn't feel like the Fit was a tin can in any way.

I like the little touches on the HR-V like lighted vanity mirrors. Space inside the HR-V is more than enough; trunk is huge, rear seats have ample space.

Both of them are "economy cars" but the HR-V just seems more solidly constructed and more substantial. For ~$21k you can get a loaded Fit (leather, navi, etc.), and for ~$22k you can get a HR-V EX, which is the best value for money, IMO. (I don't think leather, navi, and an auto-dimming rearview mirror warrant the ~$5k increase between the EX and EX-L).

I originally was thinking of getting the Fit, after today I have to say the HR-V wins by a landslide. The HR-V is the perfect size for someone looking for something in-between a hatchback (Versa, Fit, etc.) and "regular" CUV (Rav4, CRV, etc.) Gas mileage difference is negligible to me, although it seems Fit drivers can get 40+ mpg on a regular basis.

(not my pics)

post #20 of 22 Old 11-04-2016, 01:14 PM

Vote for hrv

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page