3Likes

post #1 of 22 Old 10-22-2014, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Red

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
HRV vs FIT...

I wonder about the consequences of selling HRV and FIT side by side. Surely FIT sales are about to get kicked in the teeth. Current market demands are ease of ingress/egress, AWD, commanding driving position, cargo cap...

Even the Civic is likely to get dinged, CR-V should still be alright...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 10-22-2014, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
I think that the added AWD and length of the HRV will draw in buyers. Not sure what it means for Fit sales, but the HRV should be fine.
post #3 of 22 Old 10-22-2014, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
At least the FIT van benefit being a vehicle for someone who has minimal needs, and those who need more go for the HRV.
post #4 of 22 Old 10-23-2014, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Red

(Thread Starter)
Oh I'm not worried about HRV sales, its the FIT that really stands to lose. Once a FIT owner or shopper takes one look at the HRV and realises its a FIT just a little higher, with a little more cargo capacity, AWD and easier entry I dont see how anyone takes the FIT over HRV...
post #5 of 22 Old 10-23-2014, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Oh I'm not worried about HRV sales, its the FIT that really stands to lose. Once a FIT owner or shopper takes one look at the HRV and realises its a FIT just a little higher, with a little more cargo capacity, AWD and easier entry I dont see how anyone takes the FIT over HRV...
I agree with most of your position, but you leave out one very important factor,

Price.

The HR-V will several thousand dollars more than the Fit.
post #6 of 22 Old 10-23-2014, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
2008 Fit Owner here: looked at the 2015 Fit last weekend at the local auto show, I was drooling and ready to go test drive (bigger engine, lots of tech upgrades and premium interior finishes on the top model compared to 2008). I did my homework, Yakima is not making a roof rack for the 2015 Fit, they called it "Un-Yakible" whatever that means. Users on the FF Forums have heard from the rack makers that the rear roof is too weak. I use my Fit to haul bicycles, skis and snowboards, I need a roof rack. I also need my next car to have AWD so I can stop bumming rides with Subaru owners when the mountain passes require AWD or chains (I'd rather not chain up if I can avoid it). So for a young 20-30somehting urban professional that likes to head to the outdoors on the weekend this is the perfect model car. Still lots of room to cram stuff in with the magic seat, AWD for snow, nimble in the city parallel parking, and did I spy some slim silver roof rails like the CRV? So yes, the HR-V is taking away this potential Fit buyer, but the lack of roof rack option would have sent me looking at Subarus anyway. Not particularly interested in a hitch mount unless I absolutely have to. For someone not heading into the mountains or needing to strap large gear (kayaks, bicycles, skis, snowboards, paddleboards, surfboards, etc) to the roof they'd be target demo for the Fit.
Red likes this.
post #7 of 22 Old 10-24-2014, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Red

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspot View Post
I agree with most of your position, but you leave out one very important factor,

Price.

The HR-V will several thousand dollars more than the Fit.
I don't see that as being a major barrier however, its not a superfluous increase in price. As @Trickycoolj elucidated nicely, regardless of price the FIT has limitations which the HRV remidies for a marginal amount more...
post #8 of 22 Old 10-24-2014, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickycoolj View Post
2008 Fit Owner here: looked at the 2015 Fit last weekend at the local auto show, I was drooling and ready to go test drive (bigger engine, lots of tech upgrades and premium interior finishes on the top model compared to 2008). I did my homework, Yakima is not making a roof rack for the 2015 Fit, they called it "Un-Yakible" whatever that means. Users on the FF Forums have heard from the rack makers that the rear roof is too weak. I use my Fit to haul bicycles, skis and snowboards, I need a roof rack. I also need my next car to have AWD so I can stop bumming rides with Subaru owners when the mountain passes require AWD or chains (I'd rather not chain up if I can avoid it). So for a young 20-30somehting urban professional that likes to head to the outdoors on the weekend this is the perfect model car. Still lots of room to cram stuff in with the magic seat, AWD for snow, nimble in the city parallel parking, and did I spy some slim silver roof rails like the CRV? So yes, the HR-V is taking away this potential Fit buyer, but the lack of roof rack option would have sent me looking at Subarus anyway. Not particularly interested in a hitch mount unless I absolutely have to. For someone not heading into the mountains or needing to strap large gear (kayaks, bicycles, skis, snowboards, paddleboards, surfboards, etc) to the roof they'd be target demo for the Fit.
If you can wait and really want the HRV it might be worth just waiting to see what accessories become available.
I see this as a vehicle that should have common things like a roof rack available soon after launch.

BUT if you're open to options and don't feel obligated to get the HRV, by all means go Subaru, they're another amazing japanese brand.
post #9 of 22 Old 10-24-2014, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I just bought the fit. The reasons; Slightly more cargo room in the Fit than the HRV from info from japan. Also sportier ride..(lower centre of gravity) Lower roof means its easier to clean snow off the vehicle. (I live in canada). So far I haven't seen any reasons to choose the HRV. Except maybe AWD...which I am not interested in. And possibly it may have more shoulder room?
post #10 of 22 Old 10-24-2014, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallant View Post
And possibly it may have more shoulder room?
I think the shoulder room specs are going to be the same, so no worries there. The HR-V will have SUV ground clearance over the Fit and we might get the 1.8L higher horsepower engine in the HR-V or a turbo.

But as they say, all that really matters is if you're happy with your purchase, so congrats! I hope you enjoy your new car.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page