CX-3 can't challange HR-V - Page 2 - Honda HR-V Forum
User Tag List

5Likes

post #11 of 22 Old 06-05-2016, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Have to agree- the CX-3 was more fun to drive.....handled better and seemed quicker......but the HR-V is an all around better vehicle. Plus it's far more practical for a crossover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 06-17-2016, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavenfish View Post
I liked it enough to test drive 3 of them. In the end it was the (lack of) space and that it had more road/wind noise (and yes, 'vroom-vroom' is just 'noise, in my book...whatever you call it, it's still noise vs the CVT)...and the insane excuse for an 'armrest' - can't access the cupholders even...) that did it for me.
BUT...the front seats were more comfy...
I found the front seats in the CX-3 too **** narrow.

2016 Honda HR-V EX Milano Red w/ Black Leather Seats (Red Stitching)
post #13 of 22 Old 06-18-2016, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
*challenge.

It certainly does put Honda to shame in the IIHS crash test - both in the small overlap and side impact tests, as well as crash avoidance (in the U.S. at least). Look in particular at the B-pillar in the HRV side impact test, which only rates 'Acceptable'. Honda should hang its head in shame.

Interesting to compare notes with the views on the CX-3 forum.
lbhonda likes this.

post #14 of 22 Old 06-18-2016, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Someone two blocks away had the only CX-3 in my neighborhood. It disappeared one day and in its place was a dealer's courtesy CX-3 that they ended up needing for 3+ weeks. When the courtesy CX-3 disappeared, the original CX-3 didn't come back -- a Mazda 3 did. It's amusing to think of what might have gone on there.

2016 White Orchid Pearl AWD EX CVT
post #15 of 22 Old 06-19-2016, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
rgs

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Had a Mazda 3 and I liked it fine. Had a sunroof, automatic wipers and a bunch of other extra features not found on the Honda. Drove nicely with plenty of zoom zoom but I still much prefer the HRV.

Blue LX AWD Canadian version Purchased April 20, 2016
post #16 of 22 Old 11-29-2016, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
While I like the appearance of the CX-3 and its in-car gadgetry is great, it lacks the space of an SUV and the performance of a sporty saloon. For an exciting drive, look elsewhere. For usefulness try an HR-V. While not very powerful, the HR-V does what can be expected of a small SUV very well.

Graham in NZ
post #17 of 22 Old 12-01-2016, 09:05 PM
Banned

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
After personally looking at one at an auto show two weeks ago, I laughed when I opened the trunk.
ddemetra likes this.
post #18 of 22 Old 12-01-2016, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHRV View Post
After personally looking at one at an auto show two weeks ago, I laughed when I opened the trunk.
You don't think I could put a full size washing machine in the back of a CX-3, LOL

sweptwing80 and BlueHRV like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 22 Old 12-05-2016, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Lmao, I don't think you fully got. In there either. I'd also warn about carbon monoxide, but I don't think there is space for the gas to get in...rofl

2016 Mazda 6 GT
2016 Honda Hrv EX AWD
post #20 of 22 Old 12-05-2016, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by $h!t_$h0w View Post
Lmao, I don't think you fully got. In there either. I'd also warn about carbon monoxide, but I don't think there is space for the gas to get in...rofl
Actually, it fit totally in with space to spare (length wise), so I didn't drive with the gate open.
I just took the picture with it partially out so you can see how close the tolerances were (less than an a fraction of an inch either height or width)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page