CX-3 can't challange HR-V - Honda HR-V Forum
User Tag List

 5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 05-28-2016, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
rgs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
CX-3 can't challange HR-V

http://nseavoice.com/cars/2016-mazda...-92009388.html

Mostly right but as for the comments about CX-3 being more stylish I can't see it. Beauty truly is in the eyes of the beholder. I find the HR-V much better looking.

Blue LX AWD Canadian version Purchased April 20, 2016
rgs is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 Old 05-28-2016, 09:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,416
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgs View Post
http://nseavoice.com/cars/2016-mazda...-92009388.html

Mostly right but as for the comments about CX-3 being more stylish I can't see it. Beauty truly is in the eyes of the beholder. I find the HR-V much better looking.
The CX-3 photographs well, but when I saw one in the flesh, I didn't like it so much. The last line of the piece says it all: "Space is among our top priority and the CX-3 does not have it." I liked the front seats in the CX-3, didn't like the rear seats, and when I folded one down (which required much more effort than the HR-V), my immediate reaction was "Where's the space?"
Selden is offline  
post #3 of 22 Old 05-29-2016, 05:34 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I found the CX3 to look like a larger Mazda 2 which I find really ugly.
vishes is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 Old 05-29-2016, 10:47 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Ruston, LA
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I didn't even really consider the CX3 after comparing the interior spaces between it and the HRV. People (auto journalists) have said the CX3 is better to drive, but I've been pleased with how the HRV handles itself and its general cornering is good. I'd take a few more HP, but even there, the Honda still does ok (IMHO).

--
Long-roofs in the driveway:
2016 HRV EX
1993 Buick Roadmaster Wagon
1988 Chevy R20 Suburban
r67northern is offline  
post #5 of 22 Old 05-29-2016, 06:02 PM
Senior Member
 
rodnerbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: North Ga
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Garage
I'll keep my HRV!

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you!
rodnerbear is offline  
post #6 of 22 Old 05-29-2016, 06:13 PM
Senior Member
 
SlowFosho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 863
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
The sales figures speak for themselves.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2014/12...anada.html?m=1

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2015/01...anada.html?m=1


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SlowFosho is offline  
post #7 of 22 Old 05-29-2016, 06:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,416
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SlowHRV View Post
Sheesh, that's terrible. I figured CX-3 sales would be about double those numbers.
Selden is offline  
post #8 of 22 Old 05-29-2016, 09:06 PM
Senior Member
 
cotonHRV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 929
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SlowHRV View Post
And the HRV sales numbers are impacted by low availability, at least the 2015 numbers.
cotonHRV is offline  
post #9 of 22 Old 06-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by r67northern View Post
I didn't even really consider the CX3 after comparing the interior spaces between it and the HRV. People (auto journalists) have said the CX3 is better to drive, but I've been pleased with how the HRV handles itself and its general cornering is good. I'd take a few more HP, but even there, the Honda still does ok (IMHO).
They make a good point but if I wanted a 'fun' car I've already got a Honda S2000 for spirited drives.
vishes is offline  
post #10 of 22 Old 06-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden View Post
The CX-3 photographs well, but when I saw one in the flesh, I didn't like it so much. The last line of the piece says it all: "Space is among our top priority and the CX-3 does not have it." I liked the front seats in the CX-3, didn't like the rear seats, and when I folded one down (which required much more effort than the HR-V), my immediate reaction was "Where's the space?"
I liked it enough to test drive 3 of them. In the end it was the (lack of) space and that it had more road/wind noise (and yes, 'vroom-vroom' is just 'noise, in my book...whatever you call it, it's still noise vs the CVT)...and the insane excuse for an 'armrest' - can't access the cupholders even...) that did it for me.
BUT...the front seats were more comfy...
leavenfish is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome