Nissan Introduces the Rogue Sport (Qashqai ROW) - Honda HR-V Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 7 Old 01-09-2017, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Nissan Introduces the Rogue Sport (Qashqai ROW)

This looks very interesting. I think the interior looks better than the HR-V to be honest - and it actually manages to pull off more cargo capacity with the seats down. I like the availability of safety/driver's assist packages too.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news

Quote:
The 2017 Rogue Sport is 12.1 inches shorter than the standard Rogue and has a 2.3-inch shorter wheelbase, which makes it slightly larger than the Nissan Juke and other subcompact crossovers such as the Honda HR-V and the Kia Soul. Despite its smaller footprint, it does share its basic platform with the Rogue, meaning its strut-front and multilink-rear suspension setups are retained.

...Rogue Sport offering 23 cubic feet behind the second row and 61 cubic feet with the second-row seats folded...

The Sport moniker doesn’t extend to the crossover’s powertrain, however, as a 141-hp 2.0-liter four-cylinder paired with a continuously variable automatic transmission is the lone setup. Even though the Rogue Sport is expected to be a few hundred pounds lighter than the Rogue (an official weight isn’t yet available), that engine isn’t likely to make for impressive acceleration. To be fair, few of the Rogue Sport’s competitors offer much oomph either: In our most recent comparison of subcompact crossovers, not a single entry managed to get from zero to 60 mph in less than eight seconds.

Nissan’s familiar S, SV, and SL trim levels comprise the Rogue Sport lineup, with front-wheel drive standard and all-wheel drive being an option. The S includes a USB port, Bluetooth, a backup camera, and satellite radio. The SV trim brings extra features like 17-inch wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, proximity entry and push-button start, and automatic headlights, while the SL comes standard with 19-inch wheels, heated leather front seats, a 360-degree-view camera, fog lights, and a heated steering wheel. A package of active safety features including adaptive cruise control, automated emergency braking, blind-spot warning, and lane-departure warning is optional.

Nissan won’t announce pricing until closer to the Rogue Sport’s on-sale date this spring, but a starting price right around $20,000 wouldn’t be unexpected given the standard Rogue’s $24,760 base price.

2016 HR-V EX in Modern Steel Metallic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-10-2017, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I would prefer a new larger Juke with it's more unique styling, but interesting.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-10-2017, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Too many buttons for my taste. I love the simplicity of my HR-V (especially under the hood; there's actually space around the engine so you can work on it); ALTHOUGH, I bet the Nissan has a much smoother and quieter ride. HOWEVER, after having a Nissan (2003 Altima SE) and putting over 200,000 miles on it, it turned out to be fairly expensive to repair once I got past 120,000 miles. I am betting maintenance will be far less with my HR-V. (I also really dig the orange color on the Nissan Rogue Sport.)

post #4 of 7 Old 01-10-2017, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Garage
Looks a bit cramped, but maybe that's just the pictures.

Styling looks nice though, I thought the Juke was an ugly car (my opinion), I like the big rims on this car.

2016 HR-V EX 6MT - Purchased 4/14/16.

Behold: The Ninja Turtle
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-10-2017, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Agree on Nissan long term maint. being higher.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-11-2017, 12:54 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Wife just bought a Rogue.

Don't get me wrong, it's a perfectly fine SUV. It's comfortable, has a nice ride (feels a bit more refined if I'm honest), feels well made for the price. It just doesn't compare to the HRV, even at the SV trim. Overall features, tech, cost to maintain, mpg, etc. are better in the Honda.

At no point do I find myself saying, "You know, if only the Rogue was smaller..." Hated the Juke as well.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-03-2017, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
In Canada when it arrives, it will be called what the rest of the world calls them Qashqai

Here we'll get a manual option - I've seen one a few years ago and liked it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page