I'm out. Bought Mazada CX-5 today.... - Page 2 - Honda HR-V Forum
User Tag List

 16Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 56 Old 04-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Senior Member
 
HRV4ME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,732
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 806 Post(s)
Correct!

CX5 competes with CRV
CX3 competes with HRV

To get a nicely equipped CX5, your looking at the upper 20's. I would expect just like the CX5 to CRV, the CX3 to cost more than the HRV. Granted Mazda's are more driving cars, if thats your interest, your going to pay for it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
Isn't the cx5 quite a bit bigger than the hrv? Wouldn't the new cx3 be more comparable to the hrv?
HRV4ME is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 56 Old 04-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
It seems like Mazda pointed the CX-3 at the Juke market. Honda pointed directly at the Soul market.

If you want space, no way you're buying a CX-3 or Juke. If you want a bit of sporty feel and really hot looks, no way you're buying an HR-V.
HRV4ME and Okhick like this.
scooterct is offline  
post #13 of 56 Old 04-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Senior Member
 
HRV4ME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,732
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 806 Post(s)
Yes, that seems to be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterct View Post
It seems like Mazda pointed the CX-3 at the Juke market. Honda pointed directly at the Soul market.

If you want space, no way you're buying a CX-3 or Juke. If you want a bit of sporty feel and really hot looks, no way you're buying an HR-V.
HRV4ME is offline  
post #14 of 56 Old 04-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 2,251
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRV4ME View Post
Correct!

CX5 competes with CRV
CX3 competes with HRV

To get a nicely equipped CX5, your looking at the upper 20's. I would expect just like the CX5 to CRV, the CX3 to cost more than the HRV. Granted Mazda's are more driving cars, if thats your interest, your going to pay for it.
The CR-V cost more than the CX-5. Where did you hear that the CX-3 will cost more than the HR-V?
Bicepeak is offline  
post #15 of 56 Old 04-12-2015, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I'm still curious as to how you all will make out w/the HRV!!!

But I've now had a week w/CX-5 and I like it. Short road trip today and very long road trip coming up next week so I'm glad I didn't wait. I've never had AWD before and I was surprised at the difference it made during a rainstorm....

Length and width wise it's just about the same as my former civic and I like the extra height. With the backup camera I find it's easier to park in my tricky garage than my Civic!

Good luck on the HRV. Someone get a red one!! ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3619.jpg
Views:	3523
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	2170  
Globetrekker is offline  
post #16 of 56 Old 04-12-2015, 10:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 2,251
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globetrekker View Post
I'm still curious as to how you all will make out w/the HRV!!!

But I've now had a week w/CX-5 and I like it. Short road trip today and very long road trip coming up next week so I'm glad I didn't wait. I've never had AWD before and I was surprised at the difference it made during a rainstorm....

Length and width wise it's just about the same as my former civic and I like the extra height. With the backup camera I find it's easier to park in my tricky garage than my Civic!

Good luck on the HRV. Someone get a red one!! ;-)

Nice! Glad you are enjoying your purchase. Would be great if you could continue to check in on the performance of your car.


Bicepeak is offline  
post #17 of 56 Old 04-12-2015, 05:22 PM
Senior Member
 
HRV4ME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,732
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 806 Post(s)
Love the red in the CX5, just don't think a color like that works as well in the HRV and even the CRV. Guess its because Mazda tend to have more of a sporty image due to the driving behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globetrekker View Post
I'm still curious as to how you all will make out w/the HRV!!!

But I've now had a week w/CX-5 and I like it. Short road trip today and very long road trip coming up next week so I'm glad I didn't wait. I've never had AWD before and I was surprised at the difference it made during a rainstorm....

Length and width wise it's just about the same as my former civic and I like the extra height. With the backup camera I find it's easier to park in my tricky garage than my Civic!

Good luck on the HRV. Someone get a red one!! ;-)
HRV4ME is offline  
post #18 of 56 Old 04-16-2015, 03:56 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
Isn't the cx5 quite a bit bigger than the hrv? Wouldn't the new cx3 be more comparable to the hrv?
What I heard 2 weeks ago from a Mazda rep at a car show, the CX-3 [edit: I initially, typoed CX-5, not CX-3] is looking at a late summer delivery. They were hinting at an August-Sept. time frame.

MPG should be about the same on both, give or take 1 or 2 mpg, and depending on options. The CX-3, however, is looking like it might be pricier than the Honda HR-V by a long shot. It looks like a fully loaded HR-V is going to be around $26k. The Mazda 3 sGrandTouring model with no extra options MSRPs at $26,635. Add in the tech package for $1700, and others, and you hit just above $31k fully loaded for the Mazda3. From what I hear, the CX-3 will run $1-2k higher than the 3. So a fully loaded (not including extra packages if there are any?) HR-V will run around $26k, where a Grand Touring CX-3 w/ no options is looking at $28k+ if the rumors are right, topping out at just over $33k. So it will be anywhere between 2k to 8k higher in price than the HR-V. The 2-8k swing difference is to account for potential inaccuracies, and I hear that somethings will be options above and beyond the $25-26k price for the HR-V, like a panoramic sunroof option.

That is assuming the pricing rumors pan out. And considering that this is going to be potentially positioned between the Mazda3 and the CX-5 in their pricing line-up, thats about right.

Curiously enough though, the CX-3 will ONLY come in the 2.0 liter engine and not the 2.5, and it will not have a center arm rest, and it will actually have less cargo room than the Mazda3 with the rear seats folded down (WTF, really Mazda?!?).

The CX-3 looks so awesome esthetically, but not when you add up the numbers, and options IMHO SO it is still between the Mazda3 and the HR-V for me.

If there is no panoramic sunroof option in the HR-V and the driver's seat turns out to be as hard and bad as everyone says, then that will push me right towards the Mazda3. Too bad. I was kinda looking to get the cheaper HR-V and using the extra change to buy a used BMW Z3 for fun weekend driving in the mountains w/ the top down!

Last edited by Alex Filacchione; 04-16-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Alex Filacchione is offline  
post #19 of 56 Old 04-16-2015, 09:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Southeasten United States
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicepeak View Post
Yes, but the base CX-5 is close to what the HR-V is expected to cost and the mpg is the same or very close, to the HR-V.


I did remove the base CX-5 from my alternative list because of the seat folding issues. The higher level CX-5 are much better, but also a lot higher price.
I shopped the CX-5 for several years as it was one of the few options for a manual CUV, a definite requirement for me. From 2013 on, I had cash in hand, waiting for each release, hoping for decently-equipped CX-5 with a manual, but no dice. The base model seat not folding flat was another turnoff.
The Canadians can get a white, manual, CX-5 with decent audio and a backup camera, no so in the U.S.. Since the 2016 CX-5 MT-6 is still stripped, I took it off my list, otherwise it would be a contender. I am hopeful the HR-V will provide the blend of features I need.
Ex-cape is offline  
post #20 of 56 Old 04-16-2015, 10:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 2,251
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-cape View Post
I shopped the CX-5 for several years as it was one of the few options for a manual CUV, a definite requirement for me. From 2013 on, I had cash in hand, waiting for each release, hoping for decently-equipped CX-5 with a manual, but no dice. The base model seat not folding flat was another turnoff.
The Canadians can get a white, manual, CX-5 with decent audio and a backup camera, no so in the U.S.. Since the 2016 CX-5 MT-6 is still stripped, I took it off my list, otherwise it would be a contender. I am hopeful the HR-V will provide the blend of features I need.

The base manual CX-5 was on my list, but fell off it for the same reasons you mentioned. I considered it because it had the same mpg and is priced close to the HR-V's expected price. It is actually a competitor to the HR-V , different segment not withstanding.
Bicepeak is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Email from Honda today: Alladat1 Honda HR-V General Discussion 28 03-26-2015 02:14 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome