User Tag List

16Likes

post #1 of 56 Old 04-04-2015, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I'm out. Bought Mazada CX-5 today....

The stories of problems at this plant causing delays for the HRV and the fact they had problems with the Fit models from the same plant the spooked me too much.

If you Google "2015 Honda CRV problems" you'll see that this long-standing model has a known issue with vibration too. Just couldn't trust another first-year vehicle out of that plant then.

So… Shiny red 2016 Mazda CX-5 now sitting in my garage.....have major road trip coming up in a couple of weeks that will obviously need to happen before I could even look at an HRV and it seemed silly to put it off for a car that was still a big question mark.

Good luck to you all! I do hope it turns out well for all of you!
Emerson7 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 Old 04-04-2015, 11:42 PM

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
I test drove the CX5 a year ago. Beautiful car, especially in red - just a tad big for us. And as somebody who owned two Miatas and an RX7-R1 supercar, I can say all three of my Mazdas were bulletproof. Don't think you'll regret picking it.
post #3 of 56 Old 04-05-2015, 12:13 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Congrats on your new ride!
May you have many , happy , carefree miles!

post #4 of 56 Old 04-05-2015, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 806 Post(s)
Enjoy!

BTW, issues at the plant were addressed months ago.

Last edited by HRV4ME; 04-05-2015 at 10:37 AM.
post #5 of 56 Old 04-06-2015, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Bought a 2014 2.5 CX5 in 2013. A bit more road and wind noise than I like.
Auto tends to lug the engine a bit. On balance love it for its good power, simple well made interior and excellent handling. As with 2 previous Mazdas I have owned, 0 problems. Have averaged 30mpg over 32000miles. Curiously enough, mileage is about the same in suburban driving as on the open road, probably due to the usual brick like aerodynamics of an SUV. Would buy it again, but if test drive confirms the impressions of the Cx3 I have formed from the press , that will be my next purchase. I haven't ruled out the extremely practical Fit, but I'm no longer considering the less efficient HRV

I read that NVH is improved with 2016 CX5s. Also that 'commander control' knob should be an ergonomic boon. You will be happy with your choice.

Last edited by Okhick; 04-06-2015 at 01:00 PM.
post #6 of 56 Old 04-06-2015, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Congrats and farewell GlobeTrekker

I share your misgivings about Celaya plant issues and buying first-run models despite the counter-spin being planted on the board by those who have drunk the Kool-Aid, the assorted salesmen, and the moles from American Honda corporate office.

I will somehow hold on until I test-drive an HR-V though. Then it's a toss up between Civic, Fit or Brand X.
ratboy and Bicepeak like this.
post #7 of 56 Old 04-06-2015, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
I agree, the jury is out on Celaya. As for the issues being resolved, I've been hearing the same about Subaru's oil problems, but I know better, hence my skepticism.
ratboy and Bicepeak like this.
post #8 of 56 Old 04-06-2015, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
I have no idea whether or not any issues that Celaya is having have been resolved, but I am confidant they will be. This plant is too important to Honda to let issues linger. I can afford to wait as I purchased a CR-V last year and don't plan on replacing until mid 2017 at the earlyist.
Bicepeak, HRV4ME and Ex-cape like this.
post #9 of 56 Old 04-11-2015, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Isn't the cx5 quite a bit bigger than the hrv? Wouldn't the new cx3 be more comparable to the hrv?
post #10 of 56 Old 04-11-2015, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
Isn't the cx5 quite a bit bigger than the hrv? Wouldn't the new cx3 be more comparable to the hrv?

Yes, but the base CX-5 is close to what the HR-V is expected to cost and the mpg is the same or very close, to the HR-V.

I did remove the base CX-5 from my alternative list because of the seat folding issues. The higher level CX-5 are much better, but also a lot higher price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page