Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Post 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Prototype Unveiled

Quote:
The 10th Gen Civic Hatchback's prototype is making its global debut at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show and we have all the juicy details for you right here.

Sitting 20 mm lower than the current generation and with a 30 mm wider and 130 mm longer body, the new Civic Hatchback?s long wheelbase and short overhangs will provide you with engaging driving dynamics.

The Hatchback facia features large aggressive air intakes, LED headlights and daytime running lights which flows under the sculpted bonnet with the front fender curves to accentuate the wheel arches. That sweeping line from the front continues along the side, cutting through both door handles and continuing onto the C-shaped LED rear lights in a sleek line. A second line underneath it starts from the front wheels and moves upwards as it progresses along the two doors until it connects with the rear wheel arches. These lines were designed to emphasise the Hatchback's dynamic forward-leaning stance. The aggressive lines continue in the rear with angular creases and large vents similar to the ones from the bumper.
More details http://www.10thcivicforum.com/forum/...ut-geneva.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-01-2016, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Garage
That ass is HUGE!!!! It reminds me too much of the Crosstours. I was hoping for something a bit more like the Impreza hatchback. If this prototype had 2 less doors, I think it would look alright.
DannerHRV likes this.

White Orchid Pearl EX-L with Navigation
post #3 of 15 Old 03-28-2016, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I like my hatchbacks to look a little more like a hatchback and less like a sedan with a hatch added as an afterthought. The 2015/16 VW Golf gets it right in the aesthetic department (I may be a little biased since our other vehicle is a 15 Golf SEL). I'll never understand why hatchbacks aren't more popular in America. IMHO a hatch offers you more versatility than a car with a trunk. I guess that's why I own two hatchback vehicles.

Last edited by DannerHRV; 03-28-2016 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Punctuation errors

post #4 of 15 Old 03-30-2016, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannerHRV View Post
I like my hatchbacks to look a little more like a hatchback and less like a sedan with a hatch added as an afterthought. The 2015/16 VW Golf gets it right in the aesthetic department (I may be a little biased since our other vehicle is a 15 Golf SEL). I'll never understand why hatchbacks aren't more popular in America. IMHO a hatch offers you more versatility than a car with a trunk. I guess that's why I own two hatchback vehicles.
I'm seriously considering a new Golf SE. I went and sat in one and it's such a nice car. I'm a little weary of the vw badge though. What's your overall opinion seeing as how your also a Honda owner?
post #5 of 15 Old 03-30-2016, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
I'll never understand why hatchbacks aren't more popular in America. IMHO a hatch offers you more versatility than a car with a trunk. I guess that's why I own two hatchback vehicles.
I agree with you 100%. Before I bought the HRV I was seriously considering either a VW, Subaru, or Mazda. I love the look of hatchbacks, and for the active lifestyle I have they would have been perfectly capable of handling everything I needed.

In the end though my wife's desire for an SUV influenced our decision, so the HRV was a good compromise. It's not as large as a full sized SUV, and not as small as a hatchback. So far I'm loving it.
post #6 of 15 Old 03-30-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerplar View Post
I agree with you 100%. Before I bought the HRV I was seriously considering either a VW, Subaru, or Mazda. I love the look of hatchbacks, and for the active lifestyle I have they would have been perfectly capable of handling everything I needed.

In the end though my wife's desire for an SUV influenced our decision, so the HRV was a good compromise. It's not as large as a full sized SUV, and not as small as a hatchback. So far I'm loving it.
I LOVE my VW Golf, but we wanted an SUV for our new 2nd car and the VW Tiguan is smaller than the HRV and only gets 21-26 MPG. I can't figure that out for the life of me as our 1.8 liter turbo Golf gets 30ish easy. We traded in our Pilot with 237,000 miles on it for the HRV (I hate what they've done to the CRV) and hope we get at least that many out of this one.

It's not that I'm old...Your music really does suck.

2016 HR-V EX FWD CVT
White Orchid Pearl
Purchased 03/10/2016
post #7 of 15 Old 03-30-2016, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Quote:
...[T]he VW Tiguan is smaller than the HRV and only gets 21-26 MPG.
At least on the outside, the Tiguan is larger, and is closer in size to the CR-V:

CR-V: 179″ L x 72″ W x 65″ H
Tiguan: 175″ L x 71″ W x 67″ H
HR-V: 169″ L x 70″ W x 63″ H
post #8 of 15 Old 03-31-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden View Post
At least on the outside, the Tiguan is larger, and is closer in size to the CR-V:

CR-V: 179″ L x 72″ W x 65″ H
Tiguan: 175″ L x 71″ W x 67″ H
HR-V: 169″ L x 70″ W x 63″ H
I also thought the Tiguan was more in line with the CRV size wise, but when we began comparing, the interior dimensions on the HRV were slightly better in every category. Plus at least 6-10 MPG more.

Cargo Volume (cu. ft., mfr.)

Maximum Cargo Volume (cu. ft.)

Passenger Volume (cu. ft., mfr.)

It's not that I'm old...Your music really does suck.

2016 HR-V EX FWD CVT
White Orchid Pearl
Purchased 03/10/2016
post #9 of 15 Old 03-31-2016, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Garage
The more I look at this thing, the more I like it. In black or very dark blue, of course. Too bad my body is too worn out to be comfortable in a Civic, anymore. I could see one of these in my driveway.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you!
post #10 of 15 Old 03-31-2016, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Quote:
I also thought the Tiguan was more in line with the CRV size wise, but when we began comparing, the interior dimensions on the HRV were slightly better in every category.
That's the amazing thing about the Fit and its big brother the HR-V: they are bigger on the inside than the outside!

I bet the diesel version of the Tiguan gets better mileage than the gas version. I wonder why it's not available in North America?
DannerHRV likes this.

Last edited by Selden; 03-31-2016 at 08:50 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page