2Likes

post #1 of 14 Old 11-04-2015, 05:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hello from Italy

Hi everyone from Italy, Milan.
We bought an Honda HRV 1.5 executive CVT at the beginning of October 2015. Here some evaluations that made me to decide for this car.
We were nicely impressed by the interior, that is of good quality and there is a lot of room. My main car is a Mercedes E Class sedan, that is 60 cm longer, and I can tell you without doubts that the room available to the passengers sitting in the back side is quite comparable. I measured the room available with the back seats lowered and the room available is more than 180 cm long (even longer if you move the front passenger seat ahead). This is also important to me as far as I like to go with mountain bikes and I can easily move with MTB loaded in the back without problems. The back door of the car allows you to load bulky luggage without problems. The interior is ample and bright and provide me with a better feeling. We evaluated other options (Fiat 500c, comparable models in Ford, Opel and Hyundai) but for the above mentioned reasons we decided of this car. Together with more features. Fuel consumption appears comparable to many diesel models, at least on the paper, and that is why we preferred this option… together with the evidence that we do not foresee a high intensive use.
The only complaint is about the delivery time. Having booked it at the beginning of October 2015 we were told that the car will arrive in March 2016, more likely April 2016. Having in mind that the model was presented at the beginning of 2015 and the sales started here officially in September 2015, to wait further 6-7 months to see these cars on the roads appear to my eyes a little bit too much … that means more than one year from the official presentation. Looking at the technology It was born with Google v. 4 and now we have already arrived to more than v.5 .. but this is only a funny detail.
Pippo 
krh2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-04-2015, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
They must start a second production line!
The waits are unbearable having Mexico, US, Canada, and Europe all made in Mexico.
krh2 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 Old 11-04-2015, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippo View Post
Hi everyone from Italy, Milan.
We bought an Honda HRV 1.5 executive CVT at the beginning of October 2015. Here some evaluations that made me to decide for this car.
We were nicely impressed by the interior, that is of good quality and there is a lot of room. My main car is a Mercedes E Class sedan, that is 60 cm longer, and I can tell you without doubts that the room available to the passengers sitting in the back side is quite comparable. I measured the room available with the back seats lowered and the room available is more than 180 cm long (even longer if you move the front passenger seat ahead). This is also important to me as far as I like to go with mountain bikes and I can easily move with MTB loaded in the back without problems. The back door of the car allows you to load bulky luggage without problems. The interior is ample and bright and provide me with a better feeling. We evaluated other options (Fiat 500c, comparable models in Ford, Opel and Hyundai) but for the above mentioned reasons we decided of this car. Together with more features. Fuel consumption appears comparable to many diesel models, at least on the paper, and that is why we preferred this option… together with the evidence that we do not foresee a high intensive use.
The only complaint is about the delivery time. Having booked it at the beginning of October 2015 we were told that the car will arrive in March 2016, more likely April 2016. Having in mind that the model was presented at the beginning of 2015 and the sales started here officially in September 2015, to wait further 6-7 months to see these cars on the roads appear to my eyes a little bit too much … that means more than one year from the official presentation. Looking at the technology It was born with Google v. 4 and now we have already arrived to more than v.5 .. but this is only a funny detail.
Pippo 
But it's worth to wait

Regarding fuel consumption (1.5 L, CVT, Executive) and I'm on winter tires:
City - 6.7-7.0 l/100km
Outside - well, depends if I'm driving max 100 km/h it's ~5.6 l/100 km
If I'm driving at 140 km/h then it's 7.0-7.5 l/100 km

About delivery times - mine "originally ordered" HRV (1.5 L, CVT, Executive in modern steel metallic) will be delivered somewhere in middle on JUNE Y2016!!!

post #4 of 14 Old 11-04-2015, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Ciao Pippo,

It will be interesting to read your report on how your HRV takes to the mountain roads to the North of you.
post #5 of 14 Old 11-04-2015, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Congrats sir! We love our HR-V but I also daily drive a Fiat 500 Abarth for my work car. Makes me smile with that insane exhaust note every time and I love my little Italian car. When I replace it in a little less than a year I may get a new Civic Si and we'll be a dual Honda family possibly.

I look forward to seeing how it does for your needs, and thanks for sharing your thoughts so far!
post #6 of 14 Old 11-05-2015, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
Ciao Pippo,

It will be interesting to read your report on how your HRV takes to the mountain roads to the North of you.
I can quickly answer you because I use to go in the mountains here, in the Alps, skiing in winter. Like I wrote you, I have a Mercedes and so far a Toyota RAV4, that is a 4WD car. Before the Mercedes I used an Audi A2 2WD. Now I am going to change the RAV4 4WD with the Honda HRV 2WD.

Based on my direct experience I am quite convinced that a 4WD car is more a fashion that a real need compared to a FWD car, at least if you do not need it for the off road. Winter tires makes the differences. They are the only thing that makes the differences between the above mentioned 2 categories on normal roads with snow. With a 4WD car you have some advantages when you need traction, but nothing that it can create problems on a FWD car.

The situation with cars having traction in the back is completely different even with winter tires. Honestly I try to avoid to go in the mountains with my Mercedes E class if it is snowing. If you are going up on a road covered with snow and you need to stop and go - due to traffic or people putting snow chains – it is likely to happen that you are not able to restart and moving anymore.

The above mentioned differences are obviously existing only if you are going up, when you need a good traction. If you are going down the traction is less important, and the most important things are good tires and the electronic systems available on car (ABS, EBD etc )

My Mercedes is heavy and long, but I have also seen many smaller cars having a lot of troubles (e.g. BMW Class 1). That is why I do not have doubts or worries to move from a 4WD car to a FWD car like the Honda HRV, (in Italy the 4WD version is also not available) . If you exclude difficult off road, what you can do with a 4WD it is also possible with a FWD on normal roads. A 4WD car without winter tires is by far less efficient compared to a 2WD car with winter tires…

This is clearly my experience.
post #7 of 14 Old 11-11-2015, 02:26 PM

Ciao Pippo,

I'm near to order the same configuration , but the idea of ​​waiting six months depresses me, which color did you ordered ?

ps I m also from Milano
post #8 of 14 Old 02-25-2016, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Pippo,

I'm waiting for my HRV Executive CVT since november 2015, too (Roma). The delivery date was supposed to be at the half of april 2016 and I haven't news from the agent.
Did they gave you the "chassis number", at least?

Thanks, Marco
post #9 of 14 Old 02-26-2016, 02:34 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi,
I was happy that I first got order HR-V executive navi in Croatia.
Car were before ordered by the dealer so I had to wait two months.
Meanwhile dealer gave me loaner till my car arrived.
Maybe if you need a car ,you can ask your dealer a loaner car?
post #10 of 14 Old 06-07-2016, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HR-V production

I'm trying to confirm WHERE HR-Vs around the world are produced. If you have an HR-V purchased in Italy, can you post the first three digits of your VIN code to confirm WHERE it was produced? I have been told that Italian models were NOT sourced from Mexico, but the chat here says that they are.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page