HR-V Purchaser Demographics? - Page 2 - Honda HR-V Forum
User Tag List

26Likes

post #11 of 68 Old 08-01-2014, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
@EL PAPI welcome to the forum!

you might want to post an introduction of yourself in this section of the forum: http://www.hrvforum.com/forum/321-introductions/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 68 Old 08-01-2014, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I think because of the small size and economy of the HR-V; it will appeal to vast demographics. From teenagers(18 and over) to small business owners. I think the retirement crowd will buy it for a runaround town vehicle depending on the engine. All want a perky engine with a lot of torque behind it! I just hoping Honda will either turbo the 1.5L or get the 2.0L engine as an option for the extra pickup.

Depending on how it is package and with what options; it could steal sales away from other upscale brands too. But I do not expect it to since Honda American has to guard Acura brand. LOL!
HRV-Fan and jenndaloop like this.
post #13 of 68 Old 08-01-2014, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Wild View Post
I think because of the small size and economy of the HR-V; it will appeal to vast demographics. From teenagers(18 and over) to small business owners. I think the retirement crowd will buy it for a runaround town vehicle depending on the engine. All want a perky engine with a lot of torque behind it! I just hoping Honda will either turbo the 1.5L or get the 2.0L engine as an option for the extra pickup.

Depending on how it is package and with what options; it could steal sales away from other upscale brands too. But I do not expect it to since Honda American has to guard Acura brand. LOL!
I can see that happening.
It is indeed going to be a wide range of people.

post #14 of 68 Old 08-02-2014, 01:06 AM
thistle

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Wide demographic appeal for the HR-V

I think this vehicle will have very wide appeal, from ages 20 to 70, because of very good gas mileage, attractive design, and the Honda reputation for reliability. I'm a 63 yr old single woman, and I want to replace my 1993 Honda Civic & 1987 Toyota Landcruiser with an HR-V, but ONLY if I can get one with a manual transmission. AWD would be great too.
post #15 of 68 Old 08-02-2014, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec View Post
@fit2btied what generation odyssey is it?
It is a 2002. (I consider it the last of the 'greats'. Don't like the newer ones. Awesome power, great reliability.
post #16 of 68 Old 08-02-2014, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fit2btied View Post
It is a 2002. (I consider it the last of the 'greats'. Don't like the newer ones. Awesome power, great reliability.
Well if it is still running after 12 years, then it is pretty good quality.
post #17 of 68 Old 12-18-2014, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
it will appeal to a broad range of buyers .

in my case , our crv is a bit too big for our needs and the price slightly out of my comfort range .

if we can get into the awd hrv for around 375$ a month canadian (we enjoy leasing new every 4 years)it would be perfect price range .

my base crv lx awd is 419 / month canadian
post #18 of 68 Old 12-18-2014, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMartin View Post
I am a 70 year old single. The HR-V is appealing to me because it is easy to park, it should be safe on snow and ice, it is easy to get in and out of, it gives a good view of the road, and, hopefully, it would have Honda legendary reliability.
Yeaaa! That's it!
Stand up for those of us with severe youth defficiency syndrome ... although the Missus is in her early 50s

Perfect lil' runabout for the snowbound... regardless of personal mileage.
post #19 of 68 Old 12-18-2014, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemanx View Post
Yeaaa! That's it!
Stand up for those of us with severe youth defficiency syndrome ... although the Missus is in her early 50s

Perfect lil' runabout for the snowbound... regardless of personal mileage.
Your post reminded me of when I bought my 2004 Scion xB. It was designed for the youth demographic, but it was so practical many older people such as myself, (50 at the time) were snatching them up.
post #20 of 68 Old 12-29-2014, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Mid 20's professional, getting engaged soon and looking to the HRV for its space and fuel economy. Since I drive a civic currently and need a little more space at this point in life, the HRV is perfect. Plus I see the HRV as a perfect starter family vehicle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page