post #21 of 70 Old 12-29-2014, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Red

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicepeak View Post
Your post reminded me of when I bought my 2004 Scion xB. It was designed for the youth demographic, but it was so practical many older people such as myself, (50 at the time) were snatching them up.
The Element followed the exact same play book. They billed it as young and exciting for surfers and Moutain bikers but it was bought for the elderly to take antiquing.

Its easy to sell an old man a young mans car (or so I've heard)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 70 Old 12-29-2014, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm 22 and I want to get an HRV because of its versatility: high mpgs, easy to drive, cargo space, higher ground clearance, price, and fun( stick shift).
post #23 of 70 Old 12-30-2014, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I'm 63 divorced previously had Jeep Cherokee, Subaru Outback and now CRV all with AWD. Looking for something a little smaller. Want to stay with Honda.

post #24 of 70 Old 12-30-2014, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
The Element followed the exact same play book. They billed it as young and exciting for surfers and Moutain bikers but it was bought for the elderly to take antiquing.
I was thinking about what happened with the Element, too. This one has so many aspects that would give it broad appeal, it'll be interesting to see how the demographic winds up shaking out.

Me - Mid-forties, single, female. This seems perfect for me. I wanted affordable, reliable, and good gas mileage. I have a large dog, kayak, awkwardly shaped art stuff, road trips, etc.., so I needed cargo space and versatility. I kept looking at the CRV and Rav-4, but they're both bigger than I need on a regular basis. I liked the Subaru Crosstrek and Forester, but I know too many people who have had bad experiences with Subarus. I felt like the Fit would meet my needs, if only it had higher ground clearance and AWD (snow and winter weather). Voila! Honda delivered.
ckhrv likes this.
post #25 of 70 Old 12-31-2014, 03:36 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandacar View Post
I was thinking about what happened with the Element, too. This one has so many aspects that would give it broad appeal, it'll be interesting to see how the demographic winds up shaking out.

Me - Mid-forties, single, female. This seems perfect for me. I wanted affordable, reliable, and good gas mileage. I have a large dog, kayak, awkwardly shaped art stuff, road trips, etc.., so I needed cargo space and versatility. I kept looking at the CRV and Rav-4, but they're both bigger than I need on a regular basis. I liked the Subaru Crosstrek and Forester, but I know too many people who have had bad experiences with Subarus. I felt like the Fit would meet my needs, if only it had higher ground clearance and AWD (snow and winter weather). Voila! Honda delivered.

I was looking at a Subaru Forester. I really liked it a lot. But after hearing about so many people having oil burning problems on their new cars, I changed my mind.

Last edited by Bicepeak; 12-31-2014 at 08:14 AM.
post #26 of 70 Old 12-31-2014, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I don't mind a bit of oil burning as a trade off for long term reliability. You don't hear much in the way of LARGE issues with the Scoobies...

me, mid 40's, kids are walking out, we just want piece of mind with a dash of fun and sensibility tossed in!
post #27 of 70 Old 12-31-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bee View Post
I don't mind a bit of oil burning as a trade off for long term reliability. You don't hear much in the way of LARGE issues with the Scoobies...

me, mid 40's, kids are walking out, we just want piece of mind with a dash of fun and sensibility tossed in!
It just bothers me that a brand new vehicle should already have old car issues. That was the deal breaker for me depite it's overall longevity reputation. For me anyway, a LARGE issue.
REN and Cheryl like this.
post #28 of 70 Old 12-31-2014, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicepeak View Post
It just bothers me that a brand new vehicle should already have old car issues. That was the deal breaker for me depite it's overall longevity reputation. For me anyway, a LARGE issue.
That's my problem with them, too. I once heard a mechanic say that Subarus can go forever, but they need a lot of help getting there. I love the Subaru designs and AWD, but they seem to require a lot more maintenance than Honda or Toyota.
REN likes this.
post #29 of 70 Old 01-01-2015, 01:01 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
When I bought my 1999 Outback I thought I would have it forever but had overheating problems 2 years in a row and e tended warranty wa expiring so had it fixed and bought the CRV. If I was not giving it to son would not look at new car but once read about HRV really excited about getting it. Very impatient and wish I could see and drive it. My son at Honda knows nothing. I have been giving him the information I have found online and this forum.
mikeylike likes this.
post #30 of 70 Old 01-01-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal View Post
When I bought my 1999 Outback I thought I would have it forever but had overheating problems 2 years in a row and e tended warranty wa expiring so had it fixed and bought the CRV. If I was not giving it to son would not look at new car but once read about HRV really excited about getting it. Very impatient and wish I could see and drive it. My son at Honda knows nothing. I have been giving him the information I have found online and this forum.
I share that impatience. It may just turn out that I am disappointed when I see the real thing, but at least I can move on to something else then.
C'mon Hondaaaa!!

Last edited by Bicepeak; 01-01-2015 at 08:37 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page