HR-V Purchaser Demographics? - Page 7 - Honda HR-V Forum
User Tag List

26Likes

post #61 of 70 Old 06-22-2015, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Same boat as @JRA - we have two teenagers, but plus a 3 month old. Our 2005 Pilot handles the family trips and Costco outings, but for daily-driving our new HR-V is a perfect fit (no pun intended).

I'm a 41 year old work-from-home professional, sig other is a 32 year old stay-at-home mom (medical assistant prior to baby).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 Old 06-23-2015, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Garage
52 year old male, professional with 3 kids age 19 to 25. Retired my 2004 Civic with 204,000 miles for the HR-V. I like a smaller car although the HR-V feels large on the inside to me. As I have mentioned before, I may benefit from being a trim 5' 10" and 165 lbs. Someone with a larger build may not find the HR-V to feel as roomy. My wife and I wanted something that was able to carry a bit more cargo that my Civic and her new 2015 Altima. The HR-V fit the bill for me, plus I love the look.
post #63 of 70 Old 06-23-2015, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
The latest Motor Trend article mentioned that the companies are targeting "20-30 somethings" who are "educated with no kids" and do "some outdoorsy stuff on the weekends," with these cars. I am 27, have a masters degree, no kids, and do some outdoorsy stuff on the weekends. Good job, Honda
randY49 likes this.

post #64 of 70 Old 06-23-2015, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Male 46 and have a 15 year old son. I got it because I wanted something to last "forever" and trusting in the Honda name. I'm 6' and 210 I think the car has plenty of room. I haul a bunch of large guys to the gym (we go at lunch/co-workers) and everyone fits comfortably.
post #65 of 70 Old 07-02-2015, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssarver413 View Post
Male 46 and have a 15 year old son. I got it because I wanted something to last "forever" and trusting in the Honda name. I'm 6' and 210 I think the car has plenty of room. I haul a bunch of large guys to the gym (we go at lunch/co-workers) and everyone fits comfortably.
Got our Milano Red EXL w/nav today. Primary driver will be my wife (48). My son (18) and I will try to pry it away when we can. I'm driving a 2009 Pilot Touring with 125,000 Km (94,000 miles).

Have pictures posted in the gallery section.

2016 HRV EXL w/nav. Milano Red July 2, 2015
2016 Civic Touring, White Orchid Pearl, Dec. 23, 2015

Last edited by CdnColin; 07-02-2015 at 08:45 PM. Reason: added mileage
post #66 of 70 Old 07-10-2015, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
As usual I'm completely outside of the demographic "norm" - female, mid 40's, married, a (nearly) grown child, did all the research, test driving, negotiating, etc. myself. Buying it to share with my daughter who currently drives a 2005 CRV; I drive a 2012 CRZ which I love. Trading in the CRZ and selling the CRV. Daughter is leaving for college soon, so the HRV will be all mine most of the time!
post #67 of 70 Old 10-24-2015, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 44, divorced female, supervisor in an industrial setting. Kids are all grown and moved far, far away. In the summer I want a reliable car for the road trips to visit friends and family in southern Canada. In the winter I want safe, AWD vehicle that will get me around in the snowy north. Traded in an 09 Dodge Caliber that I owned since new. I wasn't hard on it, but it was in rough shape anyway. I hope I will be more comfortable for winter now, and I want to own a vehicle that will keep going long after it is paid for. I am in it for the long haul.
post #68 of 70 Old 03-06-2016, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
I am a 35 year old female with no kids, and a masters degree. I don't know if I do outdoorsy stuff but I do travel around my state playing various instruments on most weekends.

Enjoying all that the musical life has to offer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #69 of 70 Old 03-22-2017, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
34 Male married with 2 young boys. Loving the room and the ride!

Will mostly be the wifes ride and a reliable trip vehicle and such.

Cheers
post #70 of 70 Old 03-22-2017, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
68 year old female. Single all my life. Some college, but no degree. Now retired but worked a long career in telecom. HRV is my 3rd new car purchase. I keep cars for a long time, well maintained, but drive very few miles a year. I mostly use the car for errands and visiting friends, rarely long road trips. I own a Honda 110cc scooter and so my HRV will see more use in cold weather or rain/snow. April-November I'm on the scooter.

~~~~ _/) ~~~~

Pearl White 2017 EX AWD 4/8/17

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page