Demographics - Page 3 - Honda HR-V Forum
User Tag List

11Likes

post #21 of 105 Old 05-17-2015, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am from Brazil and here the HR-V is a absolute success! All factory production is sold until august (sales began in march).
I bought one and have got (EXL, 4x2), the car is very good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 105 Old 05-17-2015, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brwest View Post
Cheryl, I have 2 medium-sized dogs and I'm wondering how much of a benefit the "magic seat" provides. Do you take the dogs with seats down, in crates, with seats up...? Does the low loading floor help?
To stay on topic, I'm 44, single guy, currently drive a 2005 prius, considering HRV, crosstrek, next-gen prius (which doesn't exist yet). Also concerned about HRV's ground clearance on rough roads, compared to crosstrek.
I prefer that my dogs ride in crates. I had two crates side by side against the front seats in my Fit and it left room in the back and on top of the crates for "stuff". They were kind of small for my 75 pound Lab but were ok. Now with the HRV I can load in two larger, more comfy crates and more room for "stuff". I compared the space with a friend with a Prius yesterday and it looked like the floor space was similar, however, with the HRV's lower floor I had way more space than hers. I'd post a pic but I seem challenged trying to upload a pic from my iPad. Now, if they were to ride loose there really is plenty of room for them in the cargo area even if the back seats are up. Very roomy cargo area.

As far as the ground clearance, I don't do much off road but I have followed my friends' big SUVs into tracking fields with my Fit with no problem. That means the HRV is going to be even less likely to drag.
brwest and Nancy like this.
post #23 of 105 Old 05-17-2015, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brwest View Post
Cheryl, I have 2 medium-sized dogs and I'm wondering how much of a benefit the "magic seat" provides. Do you take the dogs with seats down, in crates, with seats up...? Does the low loading floor help?
To stay on topic, I'm 44, single guy, currently drive a 2005 prius, considering HRV, crosstrek, next-gen prius (which doesn't exist yet). Also concerned about HRV's ground clearance on rough roads, compared to crosstrek.
I'm in the same boat with you, though instead of 2 medium dogs I'm considering 1 big dog.

If they can fit in a Prisu, they'll do just fine in a HR-V, with the seats down it'll have no problem handling all but the very largest of dogs. I think Newfoundland size will if in the HR-V, much bigger than that and you might be crammed.

Make sure you carefully look at the ground clearance of the HR-V (get down on the ground and really look under it), it's not nearly as high I thought it was going to be. It's totally fine for "all weather", but I'm not all the confident about it's performance on a rutted/bumpy dirt road. Offroad I think is out of the question, but gravel or maintained dirt roads it'll be fine.
brwest and Nancy like this.

post #24 of 105 Old 05-19-2015, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
62 F, semi retired dog grooming shop owner, showing in competitive Dog Obedience trials is my hobby. The HRV is an awesome dog car! Fellsmere FL. (Central east coast)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
...adding, I bought a silver EXL navi on Friday. Took it on its first dog related event 2 yours away yesterday. It was very fun and comfortable trip.

Hi Cheryl......just curious if you felt the back is staying cool enough with the a/c running, since there is no air vent to the rear. This is one of my major concerns for the HR-V. I also do competitive obedience....right now have 78 OTCH points with my Golden.

Do you have fabric crates in the back or wire ones?

Thanks! Kim
post #25 of 105 Old 05-21-2015, 12:25 AM

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
39 male military, picking up my new red LX AWD Milano Red tomorrow, replacing my '13 Civic. Looking forward to having a more comfortable yet still fuel efficient vehicle!
post #26 of 105 Old 05-21-2015, 03:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
brad in Iowa!
soon to be 53 yrs old. young at heart, health and spirit!
Technical Analyst working in MIS, IS or IT which ever you prefer to call it. I know MIS gives my age away! lol!
I am currently a proud owner of the new 2016 Hrv-ex cvt awd in Milano Red
and a 2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL black on black leather

Last edited by bbhondaguy; 05-21-2015 at 03:04 AM.
post #27 of 105 Old 05-29-2015, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
26/M
Los Angeles/Orange County, CA
Web Developer
post #28 of 105 Old 05-29-2015, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Alabama
post #29 of 105 Old 05-30-2015, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
23, Detroit, Female Computer Programmer. Whoop whoop!

Got it with the graduate program... I walked last week. No co-signer, all on my own. Quite an accomplishment in my book.
Birdhouse and Harlow like this.
post #30 of 105 Old 05-31-2015, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
57 male, married, no children

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page