• 1 Post By solidstylez

post #1 of 5 Old 12-21-2016, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New '16 LX AWD Owner from Surrey, BC

Hello all!

I was glad to come across this forum when checking out the HR-V! I'm now an owner of a Steel Metallic '16 LX AWD! Previously had an '06 Civic LX Coupe which I loved. After 10 years of reliability and getting me around as far south as LA and as far north as Prince George, it was time to see what else Honda could offer. Wasn't stoked on a CR-V cuz its too big for my needs, and although the new Civics are gorgeous I wanted to try something different.

Then boom, HR-V, sitting in the showroom. I was just drawn to the coupe-like design with the hidden rear door handles, and how much of the front end maintains that classic Honda look. After driving it for 2 weeks in snow (which we haven't gotten in 3 years), I have to say I am very pleased with how it handles. My wife loves the heated seats, and how classy the interior looks and feels.

Don't see this car on the road though, so hoping that more show up in my area! This is a great car and I'd like to see how people customize it to their tastes and needs, much like the civicnation.

Here's a pic of my HR-V, fresh from pickup and after driving home in the snow!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-12-10 16.17.02.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	259.7 KB
ID:	21178  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-21-2016, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Very good looking HRV. I have not seen one in Steel Metallic. I like the window visors. They're on my list of desired accessories when I make my deal. Best of luck with new car.
solidstylez likes this.

~~~~ _/) ~~~~
post #3 of 5 Old 12-21-2016, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Garage
I remember when mine was shiny too

I have only the front wheel drive version because it's a stick, but have good snow tires on. With well over a foot of snow in my yard and some nasty storms...I still don't see a need for all wheel drive. I guess the few rare times I pull out from a snowy road into traffic?

Glad you're enjoying yours! I went to a showroom to look at a Fit, was never even shown the HRV (even though it had a stick and fit my body size). I had to see it randomly on the Honda website to know they exist!!
solidstylez likes this.

2016 HR-V EX 6MT - Purchased 4/14/16.

Behold: The Ninja Turtle
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old 12-21-2016, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Congrats on the purchase of your HRV - the Steel color is super nice! I have a White Orchid Pearl LX 2WD - bought it in June, 2016 and I LOVE my car so far

Hope you have fun in the snow with the AWD - I bet it is a plus since as you say we have not had snow in 3 years!!! I have seen a few HRV's on the road in Vancouver and North Van......you can show off yours then

Cheers from Vancouver, BC.
solidstylez likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-21-2016, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalkon30 View Post
I have only the front wheel drive version because it's a stick, but have good snow tires on. With well over a foot of snow in my yard and some nasty storms...I still don't see a need for all wheel drive. I guess the few rare times I pull out from a snowy road into traffic?
Here in Vancouver, it's not really worth the snow tires imo because it usually snows a few times (if that)! So very happy with the AWD. But I did ask about manual transmission because I also prefer it. Alas, no sticks left from any Honda dealership in my area, and I would have had to wait for new 2017 inventory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
Hope you have fun in the snow with the AWD - I bet it is a plus since as you say we have not had snow in 3 years!!! I have seen a few HRV's on the road in Vancouver and North Van......you can show off yours then

Cheers from Vancouver, BC.
That's cool! I'm usually on the south side of the Fraser and haven't seen any others yet. I've had 2 random people already ask me about my car!
Snow Leopard likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page