User Tag List

2Likes

post #21 of 50 Old 01-08-2015, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermochelys View Post
Thanks for sharing the flyer, it's nice to see the colors they are offering "down under". Too bad you're not getting the nice Vezel green color, but at least you are getting the good looking red that I hope we'll get here in the US.
The green and blue are my favorite colors. Noticed that 6 out of the 7 colors shown in that brochure are either metallic or pearlescent; fine print indicates that buyer must pay additional cost for those colors. Hope Honda doesn't pull a dirty trick like that here in the states...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 50 Old 01-08-2015, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboy View Post
The green and blue are my favorite colors. Noticed that 6 out of the 7 colors shown in that brochure are either metallic or pearlescent; fine print indicates that buyer must pay additional cost for those colors. Hope Honda doesn't pull a dirty trick like that here in the states...
I noticed that as well with only the 1 color not costing extra. Why not just incorporate the price into the car and not call out an extra cost for the colors the majority of the cars will be?
post #23 of 50 Old 01-08-2015, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Checking now to see what the CRV has for colors. I expect the HRV to be similar.

OK....I see the CRV has no extra cost colors.

Last edited by Bicepeak; 01-08-2015 at 02:41 PM.

post #24 of 50 Old 01-08-2015, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
I hope they go with colors closer the the CR-V line rather than the Fit line. I think the more "mature" colors will look better than the colors currently offered on the Fit.
post #25 of 50 Old 01-08-2015, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
I think this is a bit of a tough one as the HRV falls right in between the both of them and it's not quite fully mature and also not fully like the fit. It might even be a vehicle that requires a few colors that will debut on it.
post #26 of 50 Old 01-09-2015, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Quote:
I noticed that as well with only the 1 color not costing extra. Why not just incorporate the price into the car and not call out an extra cost for the colors the majority of the cars will be?
I think that this might be a good idea. They could add $400 to the price and offer all the colors instead of taking $400 off but making people pay more for most of the colors. I'm sure they have some business research behind their decision though.
post #27 of 50 Old 01-09-2015, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
I think that this might be a good idea. They could add $400 to the price and offer all the colors instead of taking $400 off but making people pay more for most of the colors. I'm sure they have some business research behind their decision though.

Are you kidding? Adding $400 to the price is a terrible idea. Especially since I doubt there will be more than one custom color in NA.

Having most of the colors cost extra is extremely unlikely to happen in NA anyway.
post #28 of 50 Old 01-10-2015, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I hope they go with colors closer the the CR-V line rather than the Fit line. I think the more "mature" colors will look better than the colors currently offered on the Fit.
I agree. The colors I've seen so far on the HR-V give the cars a more solid, sturdy look. Something you want to project in a CUV. When you use bright colors , it can make a car look cheap.
post #29 of 50 Old 01-10-2015, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
I think even a mix of both classy and bright colors might be a good thing for it, not too sure if that's a good idea but it would indeed help to reach a wide range of people
post #30 of 50 Old 01-11-2015, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
fine print indicates that buyer must pay additional cost for those colors. Hope Honda doesn't pull a dirty trick like that here in the states...
This is common practice for most car brands in Australia. Usually the metalic or pearlescent paint options cost around AUD $500 to $2000 more.

I just realised recently that there is no navigation in this model so it has slid down the shopping list somewhat. A strange oversight really. I was also under the impression from an article I read early last year that 2015 Hondas were going to have Apple Carplay implemented but apparently that isn't the case either.

I still don't know what the difference is between remote key FOB operation and smart entry. I'm also a bit perplexed as to why there are two black colour options listed.

Nevertheless it's still worth a look to see how it is. Happy to upload pics as requested if I am allowed to take them.

Last edited by ninjapanda; 01-11-2015 at 09:30 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page