User Tag List

2Likes

post #1 of 50 Old 12-30-2014, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Australia in February

From what I have been reading, it looks like the Aussies will be getting the HR-V in February. Wish and hope it could be that soon for the US.

On the other hand, they do say "launched" so I guess that could mean they don't actually get the cars then.

Last edited by Bicepeak; 12-30-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 Old 12-30-2014, 05:36 PM
Red

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicepeak View Post
From what I have been reading, it looks like the Aussies will be getting the HR-V in February. Wish and hope it could be that soon for the US.

On the other hand, they do say "launched" so I guess that could mean they don't actually get the cars then.
Our HR-V was launched at the LA show...
post #3 of 50 Old 12-30-2014, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Our HR-V was launched at the LA show...
I know, I know.....I am just getting too anxious for it to get here.
post #4 of 50 Old 12-30-2014, 11:12 PM
shu

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
From what I gather February is when it will be on sale in Australia. I assume that does not mean on the dealer lots, but technically you could walk in and put a deposit on one.

It has been said over and over again on the net that we will know more in Feb. So you can expect either a press release by the end of the month or maybe something at the Chicago Auto show.
post #5 of 50 Old 12-31-2014, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shu View Post
From what I gather February is when it will be on sale in Australia. I assume that does not mean on the dealer lots, but technically you could walk in and put a deposit on one.

It has been said over and over again on the net that we will know more in Feb. So you can expect either a press release by the end of the month or maybe something at the Chicago Auto show.

I was just daydreaming about what happens in Australia will reflect on when we will get the cars. They aren't getting them from Mexico so it's a whole different ballgame.
Besides, they are using words like debut and launch which is what we have been hearing too and we know that has nothing to do with sale dates. Did you find a website that said they will be taking orders in February? I'd like the link.
post #6 of 50 Old 12-31-2014, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicepeak View Post
I was just daydreaming about what happens in Australia will reflect on when we will get the cars. They aren't getting them from Mexico so it's a whole different ballgame.
Besides, they are using words like debut and launch which is what we have been hearing too and we know that has nothing to do with sale dates. Did you find a website that said they will be taking orders in February? I'd like the link.
I should add that if the Aussies get cars much earlier we should hopefully have some good test drive reviews to read while we wait.

Ah...here is an article indicating actual sales may to taking place in February in Australia.....
http://performancedrive.com.au/2015-...n-market-0311/
"Showroom entry will kick off in February." May the test drive reviews begin then!

Last edited by Bicepeak; 12-31-2014 at 09:20 AM.
post #7 of 50 Old 12-31-2014, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Here is another promising article from Australia about reviews.
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/604...ures-confirmed
I like this last line...
"Watch for TMR's review of the new HR-V to come in early February."
post #8 of 50 Old 12-31-2014, 11:30 AM
shu

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Yes. And they are getting the same engine although with different emission standards so that will affect MPG.
I saw an Outlander Sport today and I maybe in the minority but I hope the HRV is smaller. I understand length is about the same but there is no way to get good MPG out of a vehicle that size.
post #9 of 50 Old 12-31-2014, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shu View Post
Yes. And they are getting the same engine although with different emission standards so that will affect MPG.
I saw an Outlander Sport today and I maybe in the minority but I hope the HRV is smaller. I understand length is about the same but there is no way to get good MPG out of a vehicle that size.
Good point about the emissions affecting gas mileage figures. Would be good if we matched the 34-35 mpg they are estimating.

I liked the Outlander Sport and it could work for me. It just never gets good objective reviews, so I am hesitant to choose it.
post #10 of 50 Old 12-31-2014, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
If they aren't on dealer lots in February but you can still put down a deposit for one, when do you think people should expect their delivery? March?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda HR-V Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page