Honda HR-V Forum banner

Dealerships !

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Opt!on 
#1 ·
When I purchased my 2107 HR-V on Tuesday I included a Honda remote start Remote Engine Start System II to be install this week. I got a call on Wednesday that they had the unit in stock and they would like to set up an appointment. I asked how long would it take and they said "2 to 3 hours at tops". So I made it for 10am on Friday so I could make it to work by 2pm.
I finally left the dealership at 5 pm with a deanship loaner car "2017 Fit" because my new HR-V with about 300 miles on it was messed up:(

I asked what was going on and the aftermarket guy told me that there "MASTER mechanic was making sure its done right, he's done 100's of these units" Then the service advisor told me the mechanic has never done one before, that I must be patient.
Well after 7 hours they brought my HR-V back to me and the auto start doesn't work and the doors no longer lock!

As I was getting the dealership loaner I said to the advisor " I guess the MASTER MECHANIC didn't have enough sense to check out his work to make sure his job was indeed complete!" .

I then got a hold of my Salesmen to tell him what a mess the dealership created. We had talked when I got there at 10 am and when he saw me at 5pm he said "I can't believe it, your still here!". I told him the dealership mess my car up and I don't think that I should have to pay the labor cost for the remote start to be installed, he totally agreed.

I got a call Saturday morning as to the status of my" 3 hour remote start job that went wrong" that they put different mechanic on the job.

See less See more
#2 ·
Part 2
I got my HR-V back on Saturday afternoon about 3pm , everything works now. The dealership had a different technician work on it the second day. All and all it took about 13 hours to install. " 7hours on Friday and 6hours on Saturday". My service advisor did everything he could to keep me cooled down, I kind of feel sorry for him. He was stuck between an angry customer and a dealership that was struggling with a 3hour job for 13 hours. I will be getting a Honda survey to complete and if there is any negativity it will affect the service advisor, that is not fair to him. After looking back, there were people there that made a decision to bring my car in to have the remote starter put in regardless if there was someone qualified or not to do the job just to get the money, they are the ones that should negative feed back.

#3 ·
Things happen, it took me 3 trips and 2 service advisors to fix my broken door switches. I was angry, that was 3 days I had to make up work to have them replace something I could have done in an hour.

Get it out of your system and move on, I'm sure the tech didn't want to work on it that long either

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.