Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Noise when going over speed humps [Strut Issue-Merged]

Anyone has this noise issue when going over speed humps? It sounded like the spare wheel was not properly fastened, gets ejected and falling back in the trunk. But it wasn't the spare wheel.

For big round curvy humps, car travelling speed around 25 to 30 km/h will have this noise.
Small sharp humps, 20 to 25km/h will make the noise.

Could it be suspension issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 154 Old 09-04-2015, 04:54 AM
Ps1234

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 203
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
I have it- everyone has said its the brakes, and normal. But it is more pronounced than on my old accord, by a lot
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes Chewie liked this post
post #3 of 154 Old 09-15-2015, 03:36 PM
marksafetyschaffer

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 5
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lightbulb Bad Shock Absorber - Keep An Eye Out

New member and first post. Have had my HR-V LX CVT (green) since late May 2015. Experienced some mystery fluid dripping on driveway from the rear wheel well area a few weeks after purchasing; service department initially labeled it as excess undercoating that had gotten hot (Texas) and run off. A few weeks later, it wasn't better and the fluid changed to a clearer color and in addition, the outside shell of the rear shock absorber (these are a new two-stage shock I was told) was wet with the same fluid. Second look determined to be a leaking shock. To make a long story short, it had to be ordered and one wasn't available anywhere...and I mean anywhere per HoMoCo. Not Mexico, Canada or US...backordered. Since we were going on a cross-country road trip, my dealer actually took a shock off the only in-stock HR-V they had and replaced mine. Then when the ordered one came in, I imagine it ended up on the donor HR-V. Just something to (1) keep an eye out for since I've not read any other posts with this issue, and (2) makes me somewhat concerned about availability of replacement HR-V parts due to this situation. I experienced a like issue with getting one of the Michelin tires replaced (damaged sidewall due to chunk of metal), but that was only a week delay. BTW, a new OEM tire will set you back $207. Ya'll have a good one and hope your HR-V is doing well...thanks for the forum!
Post Thanks / Like - 3 Likes
Likes Nancy, mikerules, Phalkon30 liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 154 Old 09-15-2015, 04:55 PM
Selden

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 96
Likes (Received): 374
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksafetyschaffer View Post
Since we were going on a cross-country road trip, my dealer actually took a shock off the only in-stock HR-V they had and replaced mine. Then when the ordered one came in, I imagine it ended up on the donor HR-V.
Now that is dealer service! Please name the dealer, so that others will know.

About a decade ago, a friend of mine was competing in the Iron Butt Rally (11,000 miles in 11 days on a motocycle), and a few miles east of Phoenix, AZ the final drive blew on her BMW GS. A tow truck brought her to the nearest BMW motorcycle dealer, he looked at another GS that was on the show room floor, and did a similar donor transplant. She finished far out of first place, but she did finish.
post #5 of 154 Old 09-15-2015, 05:17 PM
marksafetyschaffer

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 5
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Patterson Honda of Wichita Falls; they are an established multi-brand dealership network with a great reputation. I was fairly "adamant" that something needed to happen concerning my HR-V repair, since it was a big player in the road trip. I'm thinking a bad shock is likely an isolated deal, since there haven't been any other posts on the issue (thankfully). In the military, this process was called "cannibalization" LOL (for aircraft).
post #6 of 154 Old 09-24-2015, 02:44 PM
DanimalUltratype

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 4
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
The latching mechanism for the rear seats (that keeps them upright). I realized that I was getting a clunking sound from the little bit of play when the seat would bump against the latch. Stuck a paper towel in there as cushion and it went away.
post #7 of 154 Old 09-24-2015, 04:03 PM
docman

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 62
Likes (Received): 29
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
No noise in the back when I ride over speed bumps. I get a squeak in the front end. I figure I'll let the dealer take a look when I take it in for service.
post #8 of 154 Old 10-01-2015, 04:53 AM
Xccess

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 17
Likes (Received): 45
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
We had this problem too. So far Honda still working on it, some said problem lies with trailing arm.
post #9 of 154 Old 10-01-2015, 08:34 AM
hrvforum

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 14
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I have this. Very disconcerting. Working with the local dealer right now, but they just do the regular inspection and say let us know if it gets worse.

I'm thinking there is a design problem.

Let's keep the conversation going as we all try to pin down what is happening
post #10 of 154 Old 10-10-2015, 10:24 AM
docman

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 62
Likes (Received): 29
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Update on the squeak in the front end going over speed bumps. Took it to the dealer yesterday, and service took it out for a 20 mile ride to test conditions under which it would squeak. It did as I noticed, going over speed bumps or, for that matter, over any road bump slowly. They tightened the shocks, which they found loose, helped a lot but the squeak is still there, just quieter. Just to compare, however, they took the only new HRV on the lot for a test drive and heard the same squeak. They tightened the shocks on that one too, and opened a service notice with HOA.