Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I know its mindless speculation ahead of facts to be released in a few days but I thought it be might fun to guess the 0-60 times for fwd CVT, likely the most popular configuration. Also, you can also list the slowest time you would find acceptable. No prizes, just a minor ego trip if your speculation proves most accurate. Of course the real test results will vary, so there could be more than one winner.

I'll start
Predicted 0-60, 9sec
Slowest acceptable also 9 sec.:nerd:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes, I know its mindless speculation ahead of facts to be released in a few days but I thought it be might fun to guess the 0-60 times for fwd CVT, likely the most popular configuration. Also, you can also list the slowest time you would find acceptable. No prizes, just a minor ego trip if your speculation proves most accurate. Of course the real test results will vary, so there could be more than one winner.

I'll start
Predicted 0-60, 9sec
I'll go Price is Right style: 9.01 s. >:D

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just keeping the thread visible. Lack of interest is dismaying:crying:. If no responses, I will let the thread die a peaceful death , that is until the exciting announcement of a winner.!!!>:D
Until then I'm liking my odds. Yours don't look bad either Werechul.

Hurry, Hurry: submissions will not be counted after Midnight 4/29.
Midnight where? not sure about that one.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Just keeping the thread visible. Lack of interest is dismaying. If no responses, I will let the thread die a peaceful death , that is until the exciting announcement of a winner.!!!>:D
Until then I'm liking my odds. Yours don't look bad either Werechul.

5. With the wind at it's back and going down a steep grade. :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Five what? I must insist on precision or your submission cannot be counted. I gotta tell ya, if you mean 5 seconds you might be a long shot, but I admire your optimism.:nerd:
I don't know what that yellow face means, but I like it.

·
Registered
371 Posts

I'll start
Predicted 0-60, 9sec

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow - turn off the Econ button and try again. Btw - I love that they market that thing as green, when the truth is we turn it off and accept the bad mpg for better performance. It's really the anti-green button but let us find a way to promote better mpg.

So- from car and driver:
Fit is at 8 seconds.
Crv is at 7.5 seconds
Civic is at 8.6 with cvt.

Hmm. 8.7 seconds
Econ button on = 13 seconds

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
So we have in descending order of optimism , in seconds

Cinayh 8.5
Dexter Hugo 8.7
Okhick 9.0
Werechull 9.01
Hondarocks 9.225
Jeffclarkknapphon da 9.4. (will be handicapped .05secs due to excessive length of user name)
Hondude 9.5
CdnColin 9.7
FossieBear 10
Bicepeak 300
TopSpot (misnomer if ever there was) 129600

Additional entries will be accepted until I go to bed tonight (unless I figure out later that the embargo has ended by then)
Winning time will be determined by an average of the first 3 professional/simiprofessionaly recorded times my eyes fall across. The winner and prize( yes there will be one) tba as soon as those figures can be compiled.

If forum members object to this contest being organized in an irresponsible and unfair manner, my response is......Well... yeah.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hope I'm not not late. But I'm going with 9.4. With almost the exact drivetrain stats as the civic, with only an extra 100 or so lbs extra and lessened aerodynamics, I'm thinking slightly longer than the civic sedan cvt time of 9.1.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
So we have in descending order of optimism , in seconds

Cinayh 8.5
Dexter Hugo 8.7
Okhick 9.0
Werechull 9.01
Honda Dude 9.5
CdnColin 9.7
FossieBear 10
Bicepeak 300
TopSpot (misnomer if ever there was) 108000

Additional entries will be accepted until I go to bed tonight (unless I figure out later that the embargo has ended by then)
Winning time will be determined by an average of the first 3 professional/simiprofessionaly recorded times my eyes fall across. The winner and prize( yes there will be one) tba as soon as those figures can be compiled.

If forum members object to this contest being organized in an irresponsible and unfair manner, my response is......Well... yeah.
oooooo....ooooo.....I hope I win!

(appreciate your humor:) )

1 - 20 of 58 Posts