Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the wheel and tire combo we ordered from tire rack. So the wheels are
Sparco Terra 16x7 and tires are Toyo Opencountry At3 215/70r16.

This set up on the calculator gives me about a half inch lift BUT in reality its maybe about an inch a half. You’ll see the photo further down.

Also the new wheel and tire setup is about 5lbs lighter than OEM. Package weight was 50lbs according to TireRack, So after taking off all the packaging I whipped out the bathroom scale and re-weighed it was roughly 49lbs. (Sorry forgot to take photos of them on the scale) I was in a hurry to get things done ASAP as it was 95degrees fahrenheit in the garage)

Weighed the Oem wheel and tires which are 18x7.5 with 225/50r18 on the 2019 sport and it was about 54lbs.
Here is a side by side comparison:

So I installed the wheels and tires on the left side first to see how much the difference is: You can clearly see the left side is higher than the right side.

Remember I said that this probably gives me about maybe an inch a half more of ground clearance.
No fitment issues after the install, No rubbing, just a tight fit in the front on full turn lock.
Left side close to footwell:

Left side towards headlight:

Before and after photo on the next post

·
Registered
329 Posts
Did the Sparco letters come already affixed ? I asked because they have these listed as optional parts - and i may not want to "advertise" if i get them . I do like these wheels on the HR-V !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did the Sparco letters come already affixed ? I asked because they have these listed as optional parts - and i may not want to "advertise" if i get them . I do like these wheels on the HR-V !
Yes, ours already came with it. I never knew they were listed as optional🤷‍♂️ But they’re pretty easy to remove though, you can even pick them off with just your nails lol

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have similar sparco wheels in green, with snow tires they were I think 7lbs lighter per wheel. Hard to quantify but they do feel a little faster to spin up

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have similar sparco wheels in green, with snow tires they were I think 7lbs lighter per wheel. Hard to quantify but they do feel a little faster to spin up

I don't remember the specific math, but the physics of inertia and rotational mass say that 7 pounds is a substantial difference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

The lighter wheel and tire combo definitely made a slight increase in the acceleration.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I know it matters in biking (I spent more on the wheels for my bike than those on my car), but you're talking 20 percent the weight of a bike in the wheels. I understand the math, just struggle that a few pounds will make a difference no matter where they are when moving a several thousand pound object

·
Registered
861 Posts
Well if you save 7lbs per wheel, that equates to a 1% drop in total vehicle weight. Now if I lose another 28 pounds, then that is another 1%.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally got the wheel and tire combo we ordered from tire rack. So the wheels are
View attachment 30710

This set up on the calculator gives me about a half inch lift BUT in reality its maybe about an inch a half. You’ll see the photo further down.

View attachment 30711
View attachment 30712

Also the new wheel and tire setup is about 5lbs lighter than OEM. Package weight was 50lbs according to TireRack, So after taking off all the packaging I whipped out the bathroom scale and re-weighed it was roughly 49lbs. (Sorry forgot to take photos of them on the scale) I was in a hurry to get things done ASAP as it was 95degrees fahrenheit in the garage)
View attachment 30713

Weighed the Oem wheel and tires which are 18x7.5 with 225/50r18 on the 2019 sport and it was about 54lbs.
View attachment 30714
View attachment 30715

View attachment 30716

So I installed the wheels and tires on the left side first to see how much the difference is: You can clearly see the left side is higher than the right side.
View attachment 30717

Remember I said that this probably gives me about maybe an inch a half more of ground clearance.
No fitment issues after the install, No rubbing, just a tight fit in the front on full turn lock.
View attachment 30718
View attachment 30719

View attachment 30710

View attachment 30711
View attachment 30712

View attachment 30713

View attachment 30714
View attachment 30715

View attachment 30716

View attachment 30717

View attachment 30718
View attachment 30719

with the tight fit , does it have somme rubbing when it a hole on full turn lock example when your enter a driveway??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
with the tight fit , does it have somme rubbing when it a hole on full turn lock example when your enter a driveway??
No rubbing issues even on full lock when entering driveways and cornering mountain roads. Still havent had the chance to take it offroad though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts