Honda HR-V Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
First post here, got a 2019 HRV AWD EX 3 days ago and Just got all the lights on the entire car to LEDs (turn signal/reverse/interior/license plate) and HID low beams.

I just ordered the same tire (toyos) in 215/70/16 setup but I went with white wheels DR31 but the Offset is +40 vs the +45 on the Sparco wheels. These would be +5mm outward protruding so should it be safer for rub or worse? I am really new to the HRV but the stock wheels currently have very bad tires so I need to get the desired setup asap..

Can anyone confirm if I might even be cutting it to close to the fender/moulding.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
First post here, got a 2019 HRV AWD EX 3 days ago and Just got all the lights on the entire car to LEDs (turn signal/reverse/interior/license plate) and HID low beams.

I just ordered the same tire (toyos) in 215/70/16 setup but I went with white wheels DR38 but the Offset is +40 vs the +45 on the Sparco wheels. These would be +5mm outward protruding so should it be safer for rub or worse? I am really new to the HRV but the stock wheels currently have very bad tires so I need to get the desired setup asap..

Can anyone confirm if I might even be cutting it to close to the fender/moulding.
With the specs you provided I think you will rub a bit, usually the part that rubs is the outer edge. You will probably have to cut some
of the fender liner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
With the specs you provided I think you will rub a bit, usually the part that rubs is the outer edge. You will probably have to cut some
of the fender liner.
:( even with 5mm? this is bad.. have your sparcos rubbed yet? I am was almost thinking the inner edge would be first to rub at full lock..

Do you think they will rub normal driving or on full lockturn going up a driveway step when the suspension flexes?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got the setup installed and drove about 20 miles since I got them.. so far no rubbing but will update again if they hold up without rubbing. Will take better pictures when I get a chance. The stock tire wheel setup was about 50.7 lbs per corner. This setup is about 17 lbs for wheels and 29 lbs for tires so still about 3 to 4 lbs lighter than stock 17 inchers I had.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Just got the setup installed and drove about 20 miles since I got them.. so far no rubbing but will update again if they hold up without rubbing. Will take better pictures when I get a chance. The stock tire wheel setup was about 50.7 lbs per corner. This setup is about 17 lbs for wheels and 29 lbs for tires so still about 3 to 4 lbs lighter than stock 17 inchers I had.
View attachment 34079
View attachment 34078
I’m glad the setup worked out for you. I love the white on white setup. 👍🏻👍🏻 Looks clean!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m glad the setup worked out for you. I love the white on white setup. 👍🏻👍🏻 Looks clean!
Thankyou so much. I already have a Black on Black car wheel setup so wanted to do something different and really wanted to try the white wheels. I might not be doing as much adventures as you do with yout HRV but we get a ton of snow and I need the ground clearance as well as the tires to get through.

PFA, pictures of my other vehicles but the HRV is supposed to be the reliable daily driver. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
41 - 50 of 50 Posts