Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I’m currently running some 18x7.5 +45mm wheels and while I like the stance it gave the vehicle I think I now want something wider.

So I’m looking to pick up a set of 18 or 19 x 8.5 wheels prob 45mm offset. I want to be sure they will look good and not poke out too much.(I’m looking to get that “flush” look)

That being said I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could post pics of wide wheels on an hrv.

Offset doesn’t matter but if you got wheels close to the specs I’m looking for even better!

Also are we allowed to post for sale threads? I have my stock sport wheels I’d like to sell but don’t want to violate any rules..

·
Banned
609 Posts
A tire store like Discount Tire are the ones to ask...If you want to buy something there, they are often very helpful

·
Banned
609 Posts
I did a search on the discount tire website for 18” tires on a 2018 HR-V. and they claim a 245 width tire (which I would recommend for an 8 ½ wide wheel) will fit fine (their tire size recommendations are pre-measured for clearance and are usually accurate…if you buy wheels or tires there and they don’t fit, they will take them back). The closest size tire to match the OEM tire size is 245/45/18. Look at their website for specs on an 18" or 19" wheel/tire combo. I don't know which offset would fit though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did a search on the discount tire website for 18” tires on a 2018 HR-V. and they claim a 245 width tire (which I would recommend for an 8 ½ wide wheel) will fit fine (their tire size recommendations are pre-measured for clearance and are usually accurate…if you buy wheels or tires there and they don’t fit, they will take them back). The closest size tire to match the OEM tire size is 245/45/18. Look at their website for specs on an 18" or 19" wheel/tire combo. I don't know which offset would fit though.
I didn’t know discount tire would take their wheels back if they don’t fit, I guess I’ll have to go to take a look at what they stock.

I always have great experiences when I go to America’s tire(discount tire in my area)
I just never thought to look at the wheel selection they have since I usually buy my wheels elsewhere.

Thanks for that recommendation.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks to all of you who posted pictures aswell.
From what im seeing in these pictures maybe I should go something closer to 8.5 +40 or 8 +38

Also does anyone who has 18or 19x8.5 wide wheels have any rubbing issues?

I want 8.5 wide wheels but I don’t want rubbing issues so I may go 18 or 19x8 inches wide if 8.5 seems to be problematic.

·
Banned
609 Posts
It is not the wheel that "rubs"..it is the tire. The minimum size wheel that will work on an HR-V is 16", because of the brakes

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Super Moderator
1,402 Posts
Hey slowfosho. I saw it looks like you are now running Hyundai Tucson 19s in the other fat tire thread. I didn’t want to thread jack.

Anyways, did you switch to those higher offset and narrower wheels over the tsw wheels you had because of clearance or rubbing issues?
I changed them out because I didn't like that they stuck out a bit past the fenders. Also, the rear tires rubbed a bit in the back since my car is lowered. These wheels have a higher offset so the tires don't rub in the back.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I Do plan on lowering my HR-V eventually so I think I’ll go with something less aggressive.
I also don’t want the rims sticking out past my fenders.

I think I’m probably going to get something that’s 8 inches wide with a +42 or +43 offset or something 8.5 inches wide with +48 offset.

Finding 19s that don’t have a really aggressive fitment is hard though. Every after market 19 I find is low offset or looks horrible.

I may have to find some accord sport 19s or maybe stick to 18s.

Hopefully I can find some good looking 19s with the correct offset but if not I may have to stick with 18s.

·
Super Moderator
1,402 Posts
What suspension setup are you planning on going with and how low?

When you get into aftermarket 19 and 20" wheels, the offset usually goes lower.

Accord wheels might be your best option for 19's or you can do Civic Si 18's that a few here installed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I have a 2016 HR-V running BC coilovers with factory Mustang GT wheels-19x9 with 255x35x19 P Zero front, 19x9.5 with 275x40x19 P Zero rear with no problems./Users/waynemeyer/Desktop/20181012_184151.jpg/Users/waynemeyer/Desktop/20181012_184201.jpg

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don’t plan on lowering for awhile till I’m out of the 36,000 mile warranty.

I’ll probably end up getting a set of coilovers as I’m really only looking to drop 3/4 or 1 inch not much.

Have any members ran the accord 19x8.5 wheels? I was considering them but don’t want them rub inner suspension when turning

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a 2016 HR-V with factory 2016 Mustang GT wheels- front: 19x9 with 255x35x19 P Zero, and 19x9.5 with 275x40 P Zero with BC coilers and have no problems
That Actually looks very good, are those the performance package wheels?

Also the dealer in those pictures almost looks like my local dealership in Santa Rosa

1 - 20 of 27 Posts