Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m 6’4” (190 cm) tall.
I’m interested in a first-generation 1998 2-door HR-V.

I leased a 2016 Honda Fit and it was OK. I also had a 2018 HR-V and it was also OK. Both had sunroofs.

I’m interested in a 1998 2-door HR-V with no sunroof. I cannot find specifications for 1998 model for headroom and legroom.

Will I fit in a 1998 2-door HR-V?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’m 6’4” (190 cm) tall.
I’m interested in a first-generation 1998 2-door HR-V.

I leased a 2016 Honda Fit and it was OK. I also had a 2018 HR-V and it was also OK. Both had sunroofs.

I’m interested in a 1998 2-door HR-V with no sunroof. I cannot find specifications for 1998 model for headroom and legroom.

Will I fit in a 1998 2-door HR-V?
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car

I’m going to give it a try!

·
Administrator
2,035 Posts
Just being realistic. This is a 2015+ HRV forum. First Gen HRV was not available in North America. Very few in NA ever heard of it until recently.

If you extrapolate from the exterior dim. You might get an idea if you would fit.

Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Number

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just being realistic. This is a 2015+ HRV forum. First Gen HRV was not available in North America. Very few in NA ever heard of it until recently.

If you extrapolate from the exterior dim. You might get an idea if you would fit.

View attachment 34510
If you have a source for headroom and legroom dimensions that would be very helpful.
I was unable to find that information.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Are you familiar with JDM vehicles and US import laws? The 25 year import restriction law.
Was this HRV even available in left hand drive?
Have you ever driven a right hand drive vehicle in North America?

Is the 1st gen HRV a good vehicle?
Or is it a throw away 80HP JDM POS that Honda couldn't give away? :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you familiar with JDM vehicles and US import laws? The 25 year import restriction law.
Was this HRV even available in left hand drive?
Have you ever driven a right hand drive vehicle in North America?

Is the 1st gen HRV a good vehicle?
Or is it a throw away 80HP JDM POS that Honda couldn't give away? :)
I am familiar with the import law and realize that this particular HR-V would need to be held in storage for several months before importing it to the USA.
I am familiar with the performance specifications of the engine (not 80 HP) and the vehicle weight. What I have been unable to find are interior specifications for headroom and legroom.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I am familiar with the import law and realize that this particular HR-V would need to be held in storage for several months before importing it to the USA.
I am familiar with the performance specifications of the engine (not 80 HP) and the vehicle weight.....

I don't actually believe you, but that doesn't matter. :)

Good luck anyway!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't actually believe you, but that doesn't matter. :)

Good luck anyway!
I actually first saw this vehicle when I was on a trip to Japan. It was a newly introduced vehicle and I loved the design of it. I even brought a brochure home and hoped that it would be sold in North America. I kept that brochure for a long time (15+ years?) but have lost track of it. I recently stumbled across this orange HR-V (the same color as the vehicle on the brochure) with low miles.

·
Registered
647 Posts
So in 1998 you are in Japan and you loved this weird Honda SUV and not an R32 or an R33 GTR?

Reactions: mreams99

·
Registered
647 Posts
Lol... I recommend to research the "quirky futuristic" twin turbo in-line 6 cylinder of the R32/R33 GTR. :)

·
Registered
2002,HR-V,4WD,MT,1.6 V-TEC // 1993,CIVIC,EXS,MT,1.6 V-TEC
14 Posts
hello. i have the 2001 hrv with 4doors.
My wife is 182 cm tall. She has long legs and does not fit in a crv 2008 but can drive the hrv 2001. i will try to measure the headroom and legroom u need. i have the manual, but does not have that info.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hello. i have the 2001 hrv with 4doors.
My wife is 182 cm tall. She has long legs and does not fit in a crv 2008 but can drive the hrv 2001. i will try to measure the headroom and legroom u need. i have the manual, but does not have that info.
Thank you.
We’ve had several CRVs (at least one from each generation) and I’ve always fit. If the HRV has more legroom than any generation of CRV, I should be good to go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts