Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want some new wheels and im trying to figure out if the 19x8.5 +45 wheels will fit.... dont really know if that offset will work on our cars

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im pretty sure you can go from +55 - +38 on the HRV very similar to the Odyssey. 8.5 should be fine.. I plan on running 18x9 +38 on mine

·
Super Moderator
1,402 Posts
I've been interested in upgrading my wheels to 19" MDX or RDX wheels. It's nice to see other interested in upgrading too. I thought this forum had mostly older folks. :D I guess it's still too early to expect to see modified HR-V's.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was about to buy them... but... since im from Mexico and dollar rate exchange is fuckin expensive right now... ill wait a lil bit more

·
Super Moderator
1,402 Posts
Here are the 18x9 +38 on my HRV. I think once lowered it should be a nice clean look... 19s might have been nicer looking... hmm..
rims are Work GT5 pretty sure tires are 245/45/18 .. they do poke a little
Do you have pics that show how much your wheels poke out?

I'm thinking of getting 19x8 +35 wheels. I'm wondering if they'll poke out too much.

·
Super Moderator
1,402 Posts
my rear is flush with my current size, and the front is nearly flush with the arch.
18x8 +44
I've noticed that fronts on Honda's always stick out a bit more than the fronts. I wonder if it's a Honda thing or if all FWD cars have that due to the axles.

I might go 19x8 in the front and 19x8.5 in the rear to fix that. Or just get different offsets.

Can you take a picture for my showing how much the wheels poke out?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've noticed that fronts on Honda's always stick out a bit more than the fronts. I wonder if it's a Honda thing or if all FWD cars have that due to the axles.

I might go 18x8 in the front and 18x8.5 in the rear to fix that. Or just get different offsets.

Can you take a picture for my showing how much the wheels poke out?
my wheels don't poke out at all, what makes it poke out is because I run wider tyres LOL

·
Registered
17 Posts
going to be test fitting some 19x9 +42 this week or weekend. ill snap some pictures. i think they are too big but we will see.
I worry more about the weight and suffering gas mileage.

·
Super Moderator
1,402 Posts
going to be test fitting some 19x9 +42 this week or weekend. ill snap some pictures. i think they are too big but we will see.
I worry more about the weight and suffering gas mileage.
The wheels won't be too big, but the may be too wide. I have 19x8 +35 and they stick out a bit from the fenders. If you're not planning on lowering your HRV, I'd recommend 245/45/19 or 235/45/19 tires. My 245/40/19's almost look shorter than the stock tires.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The wheels won't be too big, but the may be too wide. I have 19x8 +35 and they stick out a bit from the fenders. If you're not planning on lowering your HRV, I'd recommend 245/45/19 or 235/45/19 tires. My 245/40/19's almost look shorter than the stock tires.
the tires actually are 245/45/19 which, in the end is taller than stock so the odo will be off. Not sure if i want that. i just want to see what they will look like.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts