Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,402 Posts
i usually see guys here running with 18" wheels. would like to see one with 19's. here's what i found from google when I searched for HRV with 245/45/19 tires

http://www.permaisuri.com/autoshow/autoid/20150227103102/Honda-HRV---OZ-Racing-Energy-19.html
IMO, 19" wheels are the perfect size for the HRV and 245/45/19 tires are perfect for stock height. I have 245/40/19 and will be lowering it a bit soon.

This is it on 245/40/19 at stock height.

This is what I hope it looks like after lowering it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks. :) Here are the pictures after lowering it a bit. It's not as low as I wish it was but at least the tires won't rub when I have passengers in the back.

Nice what are you lowered on?
Looked around and so far only have seen BC coilovers. Didn't get positive reviews on BC with the civics so not sure if I should go that direction.

·
Super Moderator
1,402 Posts
Nice what are you lowered on?
Looked around and so far only have seen BC coilovers. Didn't get positive reviews on BC with the civics so not sure if I should go that direction.
They're Tanabe NF210 springs for the 4WD HR-V's. I have a 2WD and they didn't lower it much. I should've waited for the 2WD version. They're suposed to be making them this year and probably start selling them next year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
19" Staggered

you guys think a Staggered setup would work?

Thinking 19x8.5 +35 235-35-19 and 19X9.5 +40 265-30-19. Yes I know it's a tad smaller in diameter vs stock but with some lowering it could look really good. will the rear fit? is there a way to play with rear camber other than to bend or cut/reweld parts of the torsion beam?

·
Super Moderator
1,402 Posts
you guys think a Staggered setup would work?

Thinking 19x8.5 +35 235-35-19 and 19X9.5 +40 265-30-19. Yes I know it's a tad smaller in diameter vs stock but with some lowering it could look really good. will the rear fit? is there a way to play with rear camber other than to bend or cut/reweld parts of the torsion beam?
What do you mean by work and fit? The wheels would go on there, but they're going to stick out, a lot. Look a few posts up at Lazaro's wheels. I had 19x8 +35 front and back and the front's stuck out more than I liked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There's no mention about offsets on Lazaro's post.

I mean Will I rub on fender edge at full compression or will the rears interfere with inner wheel well or suspension parts being 9.5"?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am running a set of 20x9 +36 Trafficstar DTS, I am about 3" lower than stock. I also had a set of 18x8 +35 and 18x9 +35 that fit flush. Rear tires on the 20's run ever so slightly. I am shimming the rear to add a little more camber then I'm going another 1" lower.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
My wife’s HRV

18x 9.5 +38 no rubbing at all. They are wrapped by 255/35/18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This looks fantastic, what wheel mfr and model is that?

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Here are the 18x9 +38 on my HRV. I think once lowered it should be a nice clean look... 19s might have been nicer looking... hmm..
rims are Work GT5 pretty sure tires are 245/45/18 .. they do poke a little
Looks good… Take the wheel off and use some rustolem black barbecue paint to paint the calipers, they really look cheap and get accentuated when you put a wheel like this on, better to just block them out.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts