Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue;

The door Ajar light will not go off, all doors are closed and sealed tight. I've checked each of the spring loaded sensors, they all operate properly. The light in the trunk won't shut off now when driving.

Anyone know if this is a known issue and if it's an expensive service fee to for Honda to look into it?

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I can't say I've seen that specific issue, usually the door switches stick closed.

Some things to try
-are the silver metal latch plates all secure? That's the thing with the D ring on it, they have been known to loosen
-if you open the doors and play with the rubber switch, does the light go out?
-have you had an accident with the car?
-is your hood latched firmly? I think some models have a sensor for that
-does your interior light stay on too? Does it flicker or go out when you go around a corner?
-you checked the rear hatch too right?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue;

The door Ajar light will not go off, all doors are closed and sealed tight. I've checked each of the spring loaded sensors, they all operate properly. The light in the trunk won't shut off now when driving.

Anyone know if this is a known issue and if it's an expensive service fee to for Honda to look into it?

Thanks a bunch!
I have a 2016 HRV and am currently having the same problem. It seems that it's the back hatch that is 'disconnecting' while driving causing the light to go on in the 'trunk' area and the door ajar light to come on on the dash. I've detected that this is problem is worsened when it's raining, causing me to think there is water getting in. Also, read about someone with water in getting in the hatch...seal issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 Honda HRV and am having the same issues. When it rains or it's very humid out, this issue is much more prominent. Sometimes sending the car to blare it's alarms randomly. Did you get it fixed? If yes, what was the issue?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the same issue with my CRV hatch/trunk door. Never could figure it out, but I'm guessing it was related to the seals since leaves would always get stuck in the gap.

It hasn't happened yet with the HRV, but the hatch door sometimes gets stuck in this in-between zone where it's locked, but not latched. If give it a good push, it'll "click" shut. Also, the first year I had my HRV, the warning light that my fuel cap wasn't shut was frequently popping up....and ironically the one time I stupidly drove off with it un-capped the light didn't come on. Now i'm wondering if the sensor still works.

Any chance the warranty is still good? I would hope the dealer can at least check it out and give a a free estimate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been having this issue lately with my 2018 HRV.

First time I noticed door open indicator light while i was driving, would not beep when stopped the car and locked, doors were locked though.
The 2nd time, the horn is going off on it's own while sitting in the driveway, can stop it by pressing unlock. When I drive the car, the door ajar indicator light stays on and once again, when I get out, does not beep to confirm lock, doors are locked though.
I checked all the doors, everything is closed correctly.

In both occasions, it's been raining.

I don't know what to do. Dealers are closed, I am 1000 kms away from the end of the warranty also.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Your Dealer should still be answering emails. Hopefully they will extend your warranty period, especially if you let them know your answer. Do via email for tracking purposes. Do not do via any phone calls.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
458 Posts
Sounds like you need a new battery. A door being open has nothing to do with the "door ajar" llght
.... what?

How can a door being open not be related to the door open light?!?

I have been having this issue lately with my 2018 HRV.

First time I noticed door open indicator light while i was driving, would not beep when stopped the car and locked, doors were locked though.
The 2nd time, the horn is going off on it's own while sitting in the driveway, can stop it by pressing unlock. When I drive the car, the door ajar indicator light stays on and once again, when I get out, does not beep to confirm lock, doors are locked though.
I checked all the doors, everything is closed correctly.

In both occasions, it's been raining.

I don't know what to do. Dealers are closed, I am 1000 kms away from the end of the warranty also.

any suggestions?
Did you open the doors/trunk and close it again to make sure?

I've had occasions in my 2010 Honda Fit where the trunk was closed enough for the latch to catch, but it wasn't actually fully closed. It didn't move when I pressed or pulled on it, but once I opened and closed it with a decent thunk, the light went away. And no, it wasn't a coincidence with the doors as I had just gone around opening and closing all of them to check to see what was triggering the light.

If not that, it could be faulty wiring.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Reading through the thread my suspicion is that you have a leak in your rear hatch and water has gotten in and caused an issue with the switch. A quick search on the forum should find the thread where this has been discussed quite often. It could be the switch could be dried, the leak sealed, and the problem goes away. But, as others have said, it is worth an email to your service department or local certified mechanic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im having this problem! omg thank god i am narrowing into the issue, can someone point me to the threads that discuss this!?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts