Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
801 Posts
Hello Heho, those Android head units usually have the correct wires. The problem is most likely the CAN-BUS and/or the settings for the camera. I don’t have LaneWatch but if you look at the first post or two in the thread titled “Dasaita Android head unit upgrade” you can find instructions about those settings.

· Premium Member
801 Posts
Here you go:
Cameras:
With a little configuration they both work just fine. The Lane Assist camera has the distance lines programmed in to it so they display automatically. The reversing camera settings include options to show trajectory as well as a distance ruler too.

To properly route the signal for the Lane Assist camera in a USDM HRV EX I had to do the following:
"GO to Settings >Car >Factory Setting (password 126) >Other >Customer Version >Version 2"

In "Settings >Car >Extra Settings >Reversing Volume >On" or set the reverse volume to the desired attenuation. Otherwise as configured by the factory the audio will cut out when the reverse or Lane Assist cameras are active.

(The "Factory Setting" menu has a lot of other configurable options that are vehicle specific. Password: 126)

· Premium Member
801 Posts
Hello, the settings (software) have nothing to do with the brand name (Dasaita, etc.). That software is by Android, usually the PX6. What you describe I had that problem with my car and it was the CAN-BUS (the little control box) but my car didn't have LaneWatch anyway, so that's why I got the black screen. What you need to fix this problem is the correct CAN-BUS and/or the correct wire harness. You should contact the seller and ask for help. My reverse camera didn't work and Dasaita sent me another wire harness to correct the problem and now it works.

· Premium Member
801 Posts
What brand/model is that? It's huge. These all, well most of the high end ones, use Android software version 10 or 11 (maybe 12 is out but not sure). Anyway, just find your version of software regardless of brand and then search Google and YouTube for help.

· Premium Member
801 Posts
I got mine from Dasaita, a 9” with Android version 10 and everything worked out of the box except the rear camera. They sent me a different wire harness and fixed that. My car is an LX though, so it’s a lot simpler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts