47074 Views 139 Replies 43 Participants Last post by  evilmilkman101
TSB 21-046
Product Update: 2016-20 HR-V Software Update and CVT Inspection

TSB 21-047
Warranty Extension: 2016-20 HR-V CVT Premature Belt Deterioration

Attachments

Reactions: 5
1 - 2 of 140 Posts
What happens to those who have recently changed the transmission fluid. Wouldn't they have less metal particles in the pan and the problem will not be detected with the test outlined in the doc TSB 21-046 posted above?

I'm at 72000 kms and was about to have the transmission fluid changed. Too bad the inspection doesn't include the draining of the transmission fluid which would save me the cost.
I guess I can request they don't change the fluid if it fails the inspection check.

This TSB/recall was only released less than 1 month ago. Anyone hear from their dealer to see if they are familiar with it?
Has anyone received an official letter from Honda about the recall yet?
I think I would rather them perform the TSB check before I change the fluid (draining fluid may affect the quality of the check in the TSB). Although I agree that it's suspect whether a little magnet can detect any problems. I also don't like being one of the firsts they perform such a procedure on so I will wait a little to get the TSB done.
As you mentioned, this confirms the frequency of changing the fluid or not doesn't seem to prevent a broken belt.
1 - 2 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.