Honda HR-V Forum banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Curious. I can't find the recall on the Owners site by year or by my VIN:
In fact I can't find the recall for any 2016-2020 HR-V?
When I put my Vin on the NHTSA site I get nothing for my VIN.
I have a 2019 HR-V EX.
Are they only extending the warranty on certain CVT's that have been recalled via notice or all years?

·
Registered
3 Posts
New member here, figured I'd share my story. 2017 EX. I was on a road trip when my transmission gave up the ghost 3 hours from home. Had it towed to a dealership in Davenport, IA on June 26th. Transmission needs to be replaced under the warranty extension. After 7 weeks of waiting, I still have no estimate on when it will be delivered/replaced. Dealer is willing to take it on trade and sell me something else. Does anyone know if the CVT in the newer CRVs is having similar issues?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I took my 2016 HRV FWD to dealership for Software Update and CVT Inspection. Came back home with a loaner because transmission was toasted at 96,000km. I had no issues with transmission (No lights or slippage) until a few weeks ago when I started hearing this weird noise which sounds like a bad bearing. But after they scanned the computer and they were 100% sure the noise came from the CVT.

Have done all scheduled maintenances on time at the dealership and even changed transmission fluid early as suggested by everyone but I dont think it matters. If you get a bad CVT transmission it would fail regardless.

I am very disappointed with Honda's CVT transmission it should not fail at 96k with normal driving (No hard accelerations, no towing, no big hills). The only good thing is it failed before my extended warranty expires which is in 2 months.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I printed out the Bulletin and brought it with me to my dealer when getting an oil change. Dealer stated A21-046 does not apply to my 2018 HRV LX. I guess only certain HRV's are eligible for the extended CVT warranty. I had not gotten any letter in the mail.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
You can verify by:

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
103 Posts
Does any one know if the problems have been corrected on the 20/21 models yet?????
I had read that the 2021 model was a new design, and that the software update for the 2016-2020 models was a back-port of the software from the new trans. For the life of me I have been unable to locate where I found that, and I cannot find the advertised changes in the 2021 CVT. (Information I had just a couple weeks ago when I was hunting down a new 2021 HR-V too.) The information was largely on Honda/dealer sites, and the switchover from 2021 to 2022 models has probably removed it. They don't have the finer details on the 2022 that they had on the 2021's so it may return as the data is fleshed out more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know not a recall but site is also for safety issues. Your dealer is mistaken as this does apply to your vehicle per below notice. Sounds like your dealer is just trying to get you to go away. Don’t let them off the hook.

Below is link to the document most of us got:

Called "Honda Automobile Customer Service"
I printed out the Bulletin and brought it with me to my dealer when getting an oil change. Dealer stated A21-046 does not apply to my 2018 HRV LX. I guess only certain HRV's are eligible for the extended CVT warranty. I had not gotten any letter in the mail.
Also called "Honda Automobile Customer Service" but still they state my 2018 HRV CVT is not applicable to A21-046

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an HRV FWD model and had the software upgrade done for the CVT in June 2021. They did the magnet test as well. Since the upgrade I have noticed a vibration coming from the CVT belt (assumption) when starting off at low rpms, especially when engine is cold. I had the deal check this last week and was told they could not find the issue.
Has anyone else noticed this condition?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have an HRV FWD model and had the software upgrade done for the CVT in June 2021. They did the magnet test as well. Since the upgrade I have noticed a vibration coming from the CVT belt (assumption) when starting off at low rpms, especially when engine is cold. I had the deal check this last week and was told they could not find the issue.
Has anyone else noticed this condition?

What year HRV? How many km/miles on it?

When and how many miles ago was the CVT fluid changed? The 2 CVT filters?

Reactions: Gizmogal

·
Registered
3 Posts
What year HRV? How many km/miles on it?

When and how many miles ago was the CVT fluid changed? The 2 CVT filters?
It is a 2020 model with 47,000 kilometers (29,000 miles). CVT fluid is not due for it's first change according to the maintenance minder, and no indication on Honda's maintenance brochure of the need to change the CVT filter or strainer when the filter is changed.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts