Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a city commuter who ventures in to the snow on the weekends, how would these two cars compare? The balance would be between good gas milage and effective AWD systems to get around in the show and dirt roads.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Most folks are comparing the HR-V with the Subaru XV Crosstrek--an Impreza with modified suspension and higher ground clearance.

·
Registered
620 Posts
The Subaru Crosstrek gets really good reviews. I can't say how it compares to the HR-V, but I can say that the Crosstrek is highly regarded. Pretty sure it is capable in the snow. Not sure about fuel efficiency, but that is easy enough to find online.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It depends...

If you're talking about going skiing then it won't make any difference as the ski resorts groom the roads pretty well and they're well travelled.
However if your city snows a lot and U don't want to shovel the drive way again, or get your car out before the city clears your street, and eat at your fav restaurant without lines then get the taller HRV with AWD. And I could always find parking by backing up into the snow piles with my CRV. [Dont drive your front into the pile, the hot engine will melt the snow and the weight will sink]

·
Registered
156 Posts
That is very true, during the holidays i would go up to canada and check out blue mountain and at that ski/snowboarding resort the roads are quite easy to travel on due to how many before me passed through.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts